Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:35 PM

10 posts, read 71,120 times

Advertisements

I have had the Mirena since early 2006 with no complaints. June 2009 all of a sudden I started having all these problems. My period was messed up, I was spotting all the time and every time I'd have sex I would bleed!!!! They did an ultra sound to make sure that Mirena was still in place and it was. Finally in October they took it out to see if I was still having the problems. I didn't bleed during sex and my period was normal... Hmmm. I'm limited with the birth control I can use because of the medication i take for my headaches. (Topamex). Has anyone experienced this? I have gotten another put back in, but I think it's too early to tell. I've been spotting pretty much since I've gotten it put in 3 weeks ago. But I'm soooo sick of bleeding!!!!! If anyone is on Topamex, what kind of birth control do you use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 08:45 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,034,456 times
I do not advise anyone to get the Mirena. I had it for 1 1/2 years and finally got it out on December 23. Best thing I could've done. It gave me heart palpitations, I had zero sex drive, my hair was thinning like crazy, joint and nerve pain, I walked around like I had PMS all the time, I had zero patience..the list goes on and on. I have come across so many different websites with different women complaining of the same exact thing due to this Mirena. I think someone has plans to start a class action lawsuit against the makers. This needs to be off the market, just like they got that Norplant off the market years ago.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,548,305 times
I have to ask why they need to put anything in/on the IUD, hormones or chemicals of any kind.. When I saw those advertised I knew there would be problems. The IUD alone prevents pregnancy, I had one for YEARS back when they first came out with them, it was just a piece of plastic and it did it's job well. No chemicals or hormones, just a little plastic thing.

Ask if they make one without chemicals or hormones and try that one if they do. I had heavier periods and that was ALL. No side effects except for that!

Old 01-15-2010, 03:13 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,867,542 times
OP, why don't you use the copper IUD?

http://www.paragard.com/paragard/index.php (broken link)

I am not that happy with my Mirena and am considering switching over to the paragard next annual visit.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:17 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,144,497 times
Interesting. I was on Topamax pretty much from the day it came out and I continued to take my regular old birth control pills. My OB-GYN got annoyed that the neurologist tells everyone that they can no longer take the pill. I never had any problems.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:15 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,004,900 times
I too am on Topamax and use OC. Never had a problem. Your situation could be different, but ask again.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:26 PM

6 posts, read 31,514 times
So I too have have a had some issues with spotting after sex and husband saying he can feel it. but I wonder has anyone of u had an odor that keeps coming back after sex?

Old 04-21-2010, 10:12 PM

7 posts, read 41,971 times
hey every one my name is deaudria, o.k my story about tha mirena i got it because has three kids and isnt twenty five yet so...when i had gotton pregnant i said that i would try the same method of birth control...well soon after i had my daughter in two thousand and eighty of sept. i got it put in after my six weeks was up...then all of a sudden i started to gain weight!!! i my hair was thinning i was upset all the time i kept getting yeast infections it was a mess i still have it in me but this week its comin out this is crazy

Old 04-21-2010, 10:14 PM

7 posts, read 41,971 times
yes.....i do i went to tha doctor to tell him that mines smellled really like a fish type odor...i douche and everythng it.s crazy but i think it is because it.s tha semen?!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:25 AM

6 posts, read 31,514 times
So what did he tell you to prevent it. Because It last for days unless u douche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness