Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 05:01 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You fail, hypotheticals are not science. You do try so hard Suzy, you should get a promotion. This appears to be a full time work for you.

Now for some facts.

Whooping Cough
The same scenario was repeated in the case of the whooping cough (pertussis) vaccine. Between 1900 and 1935, mortality rates due to whooping cough dropped by 79 percent in the United States. Yet, the vaccine (DTP and DTaP) wasn’t introduced until 1940.

Today, those who have been “immunized” are the most susceptible to whooping cough.

Researchers with the CDC publicly stated in 2002 that, “the number of infants dying from whooping cough is rising, despite record high vaccination levels.” In 2009, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution recognized the trend too. In the article titled, “Whooping Cough Vaccine not as Powerful as Thought,” the publication highlighted a recent cluster of 18 whooping cough-infected students. Seventeen of those students – 95% of those infected – had been immunized with five doses of DTaP vaccine.

Measles, Mumps, Rubella
The measles vaccine is no different. In 1957, the MMR shot became widely used in an effort to eradicate measles, mumps, and rubella. The The CDC insisted that it would eliminate mumps in the United States by the year 2010.

But rather than preventing mumps and measles, the vaccine has actually caused widespread epidemics. Outbreaks have become the norm. And those who have suffered the most were “vaccinated.”
Between 1983 and 1990, there was a 423% increase in measles cases among vaccinated individuals. Then in 2006, the largest mumps outbreak in twenty years occurred. Among those infected, 63% were “immunized,” as shown by Neil Miller in Vaccines: Are They Safe and Effective? Others found similar results.

In The Journal of Infectious Diseases, scientists from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine wrote, “Vaccine failure accounted for a sustained mumps outbreak in a highly vaccinated population.”

In his book, How to Raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor, the late Dr. Robert Mendlesohn, MD showed that vaccinated individuals are 14 times more likely to contract mumps than unvaccinated.
These stunning vaccine failures led the Iowa Department of Public Health to conclude that, “…Our most important public health tool against this disease—2 doses of MMR vaccine—is not providing the necessary levels of protection to control mumps in the U.S. population.”

Even the Mayo Clinic – a bastion of mainstream medicine – states that, “vaccine failure has become increasingly apparent.”
Chemist Gives 3 Reasons He Doesn't Vaccinate and gives vaccine exemption forms for all states | ThePeoplesChemist.com
Nice try Claud...

Taking quotes out of context while simultaneously misrepresenting (and likely misunderstanding) critical data fails to bolster your ridiculous argument against vaccines...

Terribly inconvenient of CNN to post an article today that puts the lie to one of your misrepresentations regarding MMR...

"Among those who have been stricken with measles this year, 92% were not vaccinated or had unknown vaccination status. The largest outbreak was in New York, where 58 people contracted measles in a community where many refuse to be vaccinated for religious reasons."
U.S. measles cases in 2013 may be most in 17 years - CNN.com

On the verge of the biggest measles outbreak in 17 years and it is due to, surprise, surprise, folks failing to vaccinate their kids....

I like how you make up quotes from "scientific" sources but only cite those from fringe nut jobs like the "people's chemist"

Please share the data and references where MMR has CAUSED widespread epidemics....

I won't hold my breath while you try to back up your nonsense....

Old 09-26-2013, 09:40 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Nice try Claud...

Taking quotes out of context while simultaneously misrepresenting (and likely misunderstanding) critical data fails to bolster your ridiculous argument against vaccines...

Terribly inconvenient of CNN to post an article today that puts the lie to one of your misrepresentations regarding MMR...

"Among those who have been stricken with measles this year, 92% were not vaccinated or had unknown vaccination status. The largest outbreak was in New York, where 58 people contracted measles in a community where many refuse to be vaccinated for religious reasons."
U.S. measles cases in 2013 may be most in 17 years - CNN.com

On the verge of the biggest measles outbreak in 17 years and it is due to, surprise, surprise, folks failing to vaccinate their kids....

I like how you make up quotes from "scientific" sources but only cite those from fringe nut jobs like the "people's chemist"

Please share the data and references where MMR has CAUSED widespread epidemics....

I won't hold my breath while you try to back up your nonsense....
Maybe you could share some data and references that support your belief that it's the unvaccinated that are causing the outbreaks?..I mean actual data, not just the CDC saying it's so.(cause that's all that's in the article...their say so...no proof, no research, nothing) .Why don't you ever show any proof, yet you demand it of others who disagree?

Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Maybe you could share some data and references that support your belief that it's the unvaccinated that are causing the outbreaks?..I mean actual data, not just the CDC saying it's so.(cause that's all that's in the article...their say so...no proof, no research, nothing) .Why don't you ever show any proof, yet you demand it of others who disagree?
I wasn't sharing a "belief" I was sharing a commonly understood "fact", at least commonly understood by the 95% of the population that understands the importance of vaccinations...

Here you go......from JAMA Pediatrics

I'm sure you will either fail to respond or find one of your nonsense blogs from an anti vaccine web site....

A case-control study conducted by Jason Glanz, PhD, and colleagues of Kaiser Permanente in Colorado examined the associations between undervaccination and pertussis in children 3 to 36 months old, by analyzing data from eight managed care organizations in the Vaccine Safety Datalink between 2004 and 2010.

The study revealed that children, aged 3 to 36 months who missed doses of the diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccine had an increased chance of getting pertussis (whooping cough), and that this increase rose dramatically depending on how many of the recommended four doses were missed.

This is crystal clear from the data below:

One missed dose: 2-fold increase
Two missed doses: 3-fold increase
Three missed doses: 18-fold increase
Four missed doses: 28-fold increase
According to Glanz, “Not surprisingly, we found that the risk of pertussis greatly increased as undervaccination with DTaP vaccine increased.”

JAMA Network | JAMA Pediatrics | Home

Old 09-26-2013, 11:58 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Maybe you could share some data and references that support your belief that it's the unvaccinated that are causing the outbreaks?..I mean actual data, not just the CDC saying it's so.(cause that's all that's in the article...their say so...no proof, no research, nothing). Why don't you ever show any proof, yet you demand it of others who disagree?
The part of your post I have highlighted is a fallacy. The CDC does not make up information about outbreaks of infectious disease. It receives data from all over the country from doctors who are treating actual human beings with these diseases. The doctors provide vaccination information on the sick patients. That is how we know the relative risk of getting the infection for different levels of vaccination protection, as bluedevilz so clearly explained to you in his post.

Yet you would rather believe non-scientists who do not take care of sick people, do no research, generate no data, and insist that vaccines do not work based solely on their opinions that they do not work. But, hey, they are happy to sell you vitamins and supplements while they whine about Big Pharma.

Pertussis is difficult because part of the problem is that adults need boosters and adults are not getting them. In the 1990s, the pertussis vaccine was changed to try to reduce side effects, mostly fever and pain and swelling at the injection site. Now we know the "improved" vaccine does not last as long.

People who are vaccinated and have kept up with boosters are much less likely to catch whooping cough. People who are susceptible because they were never vaccinated (like infants who are too young) or because the vaccine protection has waned are more likely to catch it.

So the people who spread whooping cough are the group who have either never been vaccinated or in whom the vaccine has worn off. Those who have protection from the vaccine will not catch whooping cough and will not spread it.

I know you do not want to hear it, but that is fact, not opinion.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:08 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
My doctor sent an e-mail out to all her patients offering the DTP booster...she recommended the shot for anyone over the age of 19.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:29 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
This thread has run its course.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness