Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times

Advertisements

Wow, GrandviewGloria, that was the best post!
Very informative!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Funny not to see anyone commenting on cooking with
lard or bacon grease.

I just go if it turns solid at room temp...it isn't going into my veins.
That's all I'll say....everyone is dead now in my fam from the farms where they lived
on animals fats in their foods. They raised pigs and cows in Canada....omg the fat...
All heart attacks.

Anyone that comes in with severe, acute neck or shoulder pain....I ask....'Have alotta
cheese lately or greasy cheesebugers, looking for animal fat'.....always....."Yup had prime rib last night
and I said at the table, Boy do I like animal fat:"
Direct quote from a farmer visiting from Neb...oh I do deep tissue massage for over 30 yrs.
Eating animal fat is like putting bubble gum in a water pump.
Your heart is a water pump...any heart stress will pop up like a blinking light
on a dashboard as acute pain in the upper body....carpal tunnel for no apparent reason will flare up,
sudden crick in your neck in the morning....

Don't believe me....watch your diet for 6 months...anytime you wake up with a mus spasm
from the waist up...look at your diet the past 2 days....you'll see for yourself....hmmm, I did have pizza, then lasagna,
Then cream cheese on my bagel, and that Blonde Ale Cheese soup at the restaurant and that fried chicken....that is a lot
of animal fat in the past few days....Boy does my neck hurt for no reason...

Old 10-03-2013, 04:04 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,732,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Funny not to see anyone commenting on cooking with
lard or bacon grease.

I just go if it turns solid at room temp...it isn't going into my veins.
That's all I'll say....everyone is dead now in my fam from the farms where they lived
on animals fats in their foods. They raised pigs and cows in Canada....omg the fat...
All heart attacks.

Anyone that comes in with severe, acute neck or shoulder pain....I ask....'Have alotta
cheese lately or greasy cheesebugers, looking for animal fat'.....always....."Yup had prime rib last night
and I said at the table, Boy do I like animal fat:"
Direct quote from a farmer visiting from Neb...oh I do deep tissue massage for over 30 yrs.
Eating animal fat is like putting bubble gum in a water pump.
Your heart is a water pump...any heart stress will pop up like a blinking light
on a dashboard as acute pain in the upper body....carpal tunnel for no apparent reason will flare up,
sudden crick in your neck in the morning....

Don't believe me....watch your diet for 6 months...anytime you wake up with a mus spasm
from the waist up...look at your diet the past 2 days....you'll see for yourself....hmmm, I did have pizza, then lasagna,
Then cream cheese on my bagel, and that Blonde Ale Cheese soup at the restaurant and that fried chicken....that is a lot
of animal fat in the past few days....Boy does my neck hurt for no reason...
Were you on acid when you wrote this post?

Old 10-07-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
Were you on acid when you wrote this post?
That was rude.
Because you know nothing of Eastern medicine...you become insulting?
This says way more about you then it does about me, sir.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
I use olive oil for salads and sometimes when making pasta dishes. I use Canola or a similar oil for frying, which is very rare in our house and I use sesame seed for some things. It is our favorite, but of course much more pricey.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:44 PM

285 posts, read 749,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Extra virgin olive oil burns with heat. It should be used for salads or in cool sauces. Use regular olive oil for cooking as it doesn't break down with heat. Info from my neighbor, a professional chef.
Your neighbor is wrong. Extra virgin olive oil withstands better than any other edible oil the effects of high temperatures.

Frying with extra virgin olive oil.

Cocinando entre Olivos: Algunos consejos para freír con aceite de oliva virgen o virgen extra

Here says that some seed oils degenerates under strong heat, and produce toxics substances, involved in some diseases like alzheimer.

Moderator cut: English only

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-07-2013 at 04:07 PM..

Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
I use a bunch of different oils for cooking, grapeseed, coconut, olive, and macadamia mostly. And yeah, butter or bacon grease, but in much smaller amounts.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-07-2013, 04:15 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,798,569 times
There are other oils with a higher smoke point than EVOO. Google can be your friend.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:42 PM

202 posts, read 265,023 times
I use olive oil for cooking hot dishes and salads. When I'm sautéing I use olive oil cooking spray. For baking I use canola oil but sometimes use unsweetened apple sauce or plain yogurt in place of oil.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,955,874 times
Extra virgin olive oil (must be cold pressed because that's even healthier).

For breakfast foods, just regular vegetable oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness