U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:05 PM

3,834 posts, read 9,903,563 times

Advertisements

Endust will put me in the hospital. I cannot go into stores that use incense or other such products. On Wed. we walked by a store and even with the door closed I could tell it would shut me down if I opened the door and went in. It was a new age store with incense burning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 02:31 PM

17,835 posts, read 30,420,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I have requested numerous times that our company implement a "fragrance-free" workplace, but to no avail. The HR manager is not affected by fragrances and therefore could care less.
Or dentist office has this policy. On one visit one of the techs has "beautiful" on she had used the lotion but I still had to have someone else do my cleaning.

Oh at the mall at 4 am the one thing I couldn't understand is the number of folks that were "bathed" in perfume
4am !!!

Old 11-23-2007, 02:40 PM

15,580 posts, read 37,317,702 times
I get sick around people wearing perfume too. I also will get a headache for hours after going into a store like Bed, Bath & Beyond that has that heavy smell of potpourri. It's like that smell will still be in my sinuses for hours after I leave the store. It's getting to the point where if I'm out shopping with my mom and she wants to go into a store that has that smell, I will wait outside and let her go it alone. I mean, I literally get a headache, dizziness and nausea from those smells.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:45 AM

5,006 posts, read 14,131,031 times
If someone that wears perfume sits by me, I get up and move as far away as I can. I don't care what they think about this action of mine. It is too bad that these people don't understand this, and that includes stores.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:22 AM

11,023 posts, read 9,940,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Oh at the mall at 4 am the one thing I couldn't understand is the number of folks that were "bathed" in perfume
4am !!!
Maybe to cover up the fact that they didn't take a shower?

Old 11-24-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
If someone that wears perfume sits by me, I get up and move as far away as I can. I don't care what they think about this action of mine. It is too bad that these people don't understand this, and that includes stores.
Same here! Especially in the movie theatre! Nothing worse than getting all settled in, only to have someone marinated in nauseating perfume/cologne sit close enough that you need a gas mask!

Old 11-24-2007, 08:20 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,843,079 times
When I was younger I'd wear patchouli oil and burn incense. Now a days those odors will seal my sinus cavities shut. It's amazing how a scent can ruin your fun.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
When I was younger I'd wear patchouli oil and burn incense. Now a days those odors will seal my sinus cavities shut. It's amazing how a scent can ruin your fun.
Agreed! There is one gal who I "used" to enjoy having lunch with until she began marinating in the most offensive cologne in the world. I even told her of my sensitivities to it and that it caused migraines, but she ignored me and decided her priority is the cologne....or, maybe she wanted to run me off?

Old 11-26-2007, 09:32 AM

942 posts, read 1,114,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I agree with you , perfumes, colognes, as well as cigarette smoke, triggers asthma with me. I will get up fast also, and I no longer care what they think. When I am at the gym, and on cardio I have had go get off the machine quickly when someone next to me stinks of perfume. It is rude and the gym should have a policy about wearing so much perfume where people are exercising and the heavier breathing that comes with that. Its one thing to put on a small amount of perfume but to dose oneself in it, there is no need of that.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OREGONRAIN View Post
I agree with you , perfumes, colognes, as well as cigarette smoke, triggers asthma with me. I will get up fast also, and I no longer care what they think. When I am at the gym, and on cardio I have had go get off the machine quickly when someone next to me stinks of perfume. It is rude and the gym should have a policy about wearing so much perfume where people are exercising and the heavier breathing that comes with that. Its one thing to put on a small amount of perfume but to dose oneself in it, there is no need of that.
When the person leaves the area and the stench stays for a LONG time, that's a sure sign that something is amiss!

I keep a can out Oust at my desk, and while I won't spray it directly on the perfume wearer , I am sure tempted! Anyhoo, after they leave, the Oust does seem to help a lot. Fragrance-free Oust of course!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness