Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 06:27 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,751,467 times

Advertisements

troll post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 06:34 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,992,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacman View Post
He's not scheduled to see the Dr for a few days (6 weeks after starting this diet!!! - more recklessness)

Week 5: still tired. Nothing new.

But changes are coming. I hope they're not bad ones. Time to pray for his life.

Do you still consider yourself a 'diet/health' expert? I'm curious as to why you think of yourself that way. I noticed you ignored my last comment on that....

I wish your uncle well, but sadly the truth is he won't be around much longer if he doesn't get his act together.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:47 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,542,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You are misinformed about the Atkins diet. It is ideal for his condition, but you have to follow it (eating a banana is not going to work). Dr. Atkins was a cardiologist BTW.
Dr. Atkins died from a fall which was caused by a heart attack. He was obese when he died.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:02 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,754,678 times
He was obese when he died, but he wasn't obese when he was admitted to the hospital. He had a heart condition - which might or might not have been caused or contributed to by his diet. But he didn't fall because he was fat, or because he had a heart attack. He fell because he slipped on a patch of ice. Even thin people who don't have heart conditions slip and fall on ice. No one is immune to the possibility.

Supposedly, his medical records, which were turned over to USA Today, showed that upon admission to the hospital, he had weighed 195 pounds. At 6'0, that's a little on the fleshy side, but certainly not obese, or even borderline obese. During his stay at the hospital, he was in a coma, hooked up to machines and fed intravenously. His organs were shutting down and his body was retaining fluids, and not expelling waste efficiently - so he bloated, and gained a significant amount of weight while he was in the hospital, before he died. He wasn't actively eating anything, let alone his own diet, at the time.

He died from head trauma caused by a fall. Obesity doesn't cause clumsiness, and it doesn't cause a sudden inability to remain standing when you're walking over ice. And - being fit and trim doesn't prevent that inability.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,630,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Dr. Atkins died from a fall which was caused by a heart attack. He was obese when he died.
He was slightly overweight, yes, but obese, that remains in question. Yes, he did have a heart condition, it is unknown if that attributed to his death. it is also unknown why his weight shot up after he entered the hospital, so to say, he was obese before entering is something that apparently was not the case.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:49 PM

192 posts, read 250,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Do you still consider yourself a 'diet/health' expert? ...why. I noticed you ignored my last comment on that..
I couldn't find that comment. My interest in health goes back 29 years. I've learned from every source I find; not just 1 or 2(like most college students). And some things aren't taught; just understood. So my knowledge of health is more solid than the average PhD.!

Quote:
For a diet and nutrition expert, you are are passing off a lot of inaccurate "information".
It doesn't help anyone to make an acusation and just walk away. Either get specific, or just walk away.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:33 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,992,989 times
Quote:
I couldn't find that comment. My interest in health goes back 29 years. I've learned from every source I find; not just 1 or 2(like most college students). And some things aren't taught; just understood. So my knowledge of health is more solid than the average PhD.!

It doesn't help anyone to make an acusation and just walk away. Either get specific, or just walk away.
I don't know what accusation you're talking about; I was asking you to share the credentials that makes you an expert in diet/health. Do you have any credentials other than 'I think, therefore I am'?

Old 11-11-2013, 03:15 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,336,370 times
Quote:
I couldn't find that comment.....
"...So I - a health/diet expert - tried to stop him." Try looking at your very 1st post.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:16 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,336,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I don't know what accusation you're talking about; I was asking you to share the credentials that makes you an expert in diet/health. Do you have any credentials other than 'I think, therefore I am'?
Here they are: "My interest in health goes back 29 years. I've learned from every source I find; not just 1 or 2(like most college students). And some things aren't taught; just understood. So my knowledge of health is more solid than the average PhD.!"

Old 11-11-2013, 04:35 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,754,678 times
Ah, so he's an expert because he reads blogs on teh intrawebz! It is all so clear to me now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness