Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:06 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,754,991 times

Advertisements

lenniel I hope you feel better soon. There is nothing like that pain and pressure like your eyes are going to pop out of your skull and the top of your head is going to slpit.

Thanks, in_ne, I didn't know. I have been pretty bloaty lately, I thought it was all the meds and supplements. I stopped taking everything, even the natural ones. I swear they give me the shakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 11:23 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,650,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
lenniel I hope you feel better soon. There is nothing like that pain and pressure like your eyes are going to pop out of your skull and the top of your head is going to slpit.

Thanks, in_ne, I didn't know. I have been pretty bloaty lately, I thought it was all the meds and supplements. I stopped taking everything, even the natural ones. I swear they give me the shakes.
I'm the same way--I don't need their side effects in addition to the symptoms from the foods.

AND--the good news for anyone allergic to dairy is it's not as bad as it sounds. Do not be devastated if you learn you are allergic to dairy. There are so many alternatives now--rice milk, coconut milk, almond milk. You can substitute them in cooking, although I usually add a bit of some kind of oil like olive oil to make up for the loss of milk fat.

I bought a little ice cream maker and almond milk "ice cream" is great. Blueberry muffins made with an alternative "milk" come out great as long as you add the extra fat. When I travel or visit friends I just take my "milk" along with me. The only problem is eating out because it's so hard to find anything that's dairy free. Even at vegetarian restaurants they usually throw cheese onto everything. But you can find frozen pizza that's called "Roasted Vegetable" without cheese--you add onions or anything else you want (except cheese lol) and it's good.

The dairy free diet -- and sinus surgery to clean up years of scar tissue from the sinus infections -- have kept my sinuses mostly clear. In times of high allergy exposure (like ragweed) I do have to use a nasal spray but this is nothing compared to the years of barely being able to breath.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:57 PM

I'm breathing fine, I just have an annoying post nasal drip. If I blow my nose a little clear mucus. An occasional small iellow green glob.

in_ne do you do any of the vegan cheese/cheese substitutes?

Old 11-22-2013, 08:33 AM

633 posts, read 1,949,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
Where do you find this Mike?
Jrsygrl, I buy 2 different types one from the devil (walmart) which I use in the soaftsoap mix and the other is dessert essence at vitamin shoppe. I also get Dessert essence on line a amaz... if you know what I mean, I don't want to violate any posting issues.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:24 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,427,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Wife made me go to urgent care clinic today and I tested positive for Flu A and a sinus infection. That's explains my feeling like complete and total crap for 3 days now.
DR put me on Tamiflu and Z pack.
Did you have a fever?
How did they test for the flu and sinus infection so quickly?

Old 11-22-2013, 10:36 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,650,295 times
Quote:
I'm breathing fine, I just have an annoying post nasal drip. If I blow my nose a little clear mucus. An occasional small iellow green glob.

in_ne do you do any of the vegan cheese/cheese substitutes?
I used to but it got to be more trouble than it was worth. They are usually made from soy which is not recommended for most women because it raises estrogen, they don't taste or melt the same way cheese does, they can be expensive, and I've gotten used to doing without.

It kind of kills casseroles like mac and cheese but I don't miss it anymore.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:39 PM

It's so fun, this thing.. Today I feel pressure behind my eyes, and a little more runny nosed. I have that bleary watery eye feeling. My back feels achy but that may be from seeing the chiropractor this morning. No appetite today.

I took some allergy pills about two hors ago. Nothing.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:35 PM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times
Quote:
ugh, life without cheese, I couldn't do it.

Okay, dumping out the coffee with hh......

Wouldn't there be a typical allergic reaction after ingesting dairy? Itchy, watery eyes, sneezing, etc.?
It doesn't mean you are allergic to dairy.
But whatever is causing this will be greatly exasperated by dairy because it thickens mucus.
I am not the least bit allergic to dairy, but as I have gotten older, my sinuses don't thin mucus as well, so dairy really plugs me up. I had horrible sinus problems for about two years that I never discovered why, but quitting dairy gave my sinuses the break they needed to clear things up.

I love cheese! And I still indulge about once a month, be mucussy for a day or a few hours, and then fine as long as I don't keep eating dairy too often. So just eleviate it while you are sick, and then experiment when you are clear to see how reactive you are to dairy. You will feel more mucussy after 3 or 4 hours ingesting dairy if it affects you.
Good luck to you!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:50 PM

I never had mucus flare after eating dairy.

I am really feeling worse as the night goes on. This has been going on since the end of July. Now I'm going from sweats to chilled.

I will start to feel better then BAM the tightness comes back and it's another round. I am so sick of being sick.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:25 PM

653 posts, read 816,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketty1985 View Post
People with chronic sinusitis may have the following symptoms for 8 weeks or more:

Facial congestion/fullness
A nasal obstruction/blockage
Pus in the nasal cavity
Fever
Nasal discharge/discolored postnasal drainage
Additional symptoms of chronic sinusitis may include:

Headaches
Bad breath
Fatigue
Dental pain
Aside from pus, this describes the last 7 months of my life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness