Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 05:48 PM

653 posts, read 812,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Can I buy it on the internet without a script? I'm betting no.
from Canada probably.

Right now I am deciding whether or not go the hospital or not. The last three days have been filled with constant face pressure and dizziness. I am not sure if its the usual bs or if its side effects from the nasonex. All I know is that I havent been this bad in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 11:53 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,717,347 times
No, most Canadian Rx's require a script.

Funny, symptoms were really bad last two days. I took a cold pill this morning instead of an anti allergy thing and feel much better.

Dunno if the ER will do any better than the urgent care you did awhile back. Call your ENT maybe? Jeepers, I didn't have any dizzyness, I feel your pain, Mav. Is the Nasonex something new? You could be having a bad reaction to it then. Make that call at least.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
No, most Canadian Rx's require a script.

Funny, symptoms were really bad last two days. I took a cold pill this morning instead of an anti allergy thing and feel much better.

Dunno if the ER will do any better than the urgent care you did awhile back. Call your ENT maybe? Jeepers, I didn't have any dizzyness, I feel your pain, Mav. Is the Nasonex something new? You could be having a bad reaction to it then. Make that call at least.
Ive been off nasonex for two days now. Could be experiencing withdraw. Urgent care was a waste of time. If I go to the ER it will be strictly for a CT scan, because I cant wait till the 17th. Its frustrating what this is doing to my everyday life. Just walking from my office to the restroom without falling is an adventure.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:23 PM

6,893 posts, read 22,460,639 times
Quote:
I am not surprised! Check the ingredients in what works and make sure you buy that from now on.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:54 PM

Today the pain was so severe I could not get out of bed. Also, it seems to get worse after I exercise.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:15 PM

OMG you most certainly should NOT be working out! You need rest! Especially with the warm blast of weather the last few days.

Mav, it's weird, one day the allergy thing works, another and it doesn't. This thing is really fighting back hard since I upped my dosage.

If you think you'll get the CT scan at the ER then go for it!

Old 02-05-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
OMG you most certainly should NOT be working out! You need rest! Especially with the warm blast of weather the last few days.

Mav, it's weird, one day the allergy thing works, another and it doesn't. This thing is really fighting back hard since I upped my dosage.

If you think you'll get the CT scan at the ER then go for it!
I ended up going to urgent care. They gave me a motrin and a decongestant and i was good for the day. Apparently, what Im experience may not be dizziness at all but Vertigo instead. I go the sinus CT coming up on the 17, so Ill try to hold on today. Checked my brain, brain was fine, so thats good. At this point, I am just going to wait for the sinus ct and take it from there. If it requires surgery Ill probably do it. Later Ill do the allergy test. I wont go to a hospital again, unless I pass out somewhere. Even with insurance, i am very disappointed with the medical profession these days.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:07 PM

Now you know why I refuse to go to another doctor at this point. It's such BS. I will take my chances with what I've learned on the net.

And WTH would you suddenly develop vertigo? More BS. It's probably an inner ear infection.

Maybe try hydrogen peroxide or alcohol in your ear? I worked with a guy who got chronic ear infections and he finally found out how to cure them, with the alcohol. It burns for a minute and then it's done, the infection is killed.

OTOH I am anxious to see your outcome as well to see if the smarty pants ppl who keep saying go to the doc were right. It's getting so old now I just don't give a you know what.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:42 PM

Yeah its like a waste of time. I personally think that I have too much fluid in my nose and ears. I think my sinus CT will confirm that my sinuses are damaged and are blocking the fluid from properly draining from my head. The build up is what causes the pain and the dizziness/vertigo. When the fluid does drain, its usually through post nasal drip.

Every morning I wake up feeling like a punching bag, as I make way to work, the fluid usually flows down my throat. I throw up and then go about my day. Sometimes its no biggie, sometimes its just uncomfortable, and sometimes its like it has been the last few days, severe. What makes it so severe? Im not sure yet. Allergies possibly. The only thing that ever worked for a long period of time (3 months) was levaquin and prednisone, and they wouldnt give me a prescription because I didn't have a fever or obvious signs of infection. The prednisone, which I dont feel comfortable taking, would be great right now.

Like I said, at this point, I am just going to wait till I have a medical emergency before I waste my time at a doctor or hospital. Ive been dealing with this for a year, have been to numerous doctors, and I still dont know ****. Finding the right doctor is key

Old 02-06-2014, 05:44 AM

I dunno what makes it severe one day and manageable the next, it's like a freaking game at this point.

I'm divided on the fullness feeling behind my front cheek and eye area is from fluid or swelling. Yesterday it was really bad, my eyes were forced into squints.

Medication does not work if there is no cure, that is only treating symptoms. Anyone can do that. Hell, the cold med that works for me I got at the dang Dollar store. I have never had a fever during this ordeal. The prednisone did not make the swelling go down for me which is why they prescribe it.

I can see striking out with a doctor up here being in a rural area, the ones that are good are in Saratoga, Albany and NYC raking in the cash. But in Miami? That's bizarre, it's home to some of the finest doctors in the country.

Take it easy, Mav, please don't continue to workout during this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness