U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 18,968 times

Advertisements

I noticed no-one has written on this issue since Feb but I thought I would let you know of my success. I too have had boils but on my face since I gave birth to my daughter 18 months ago. I tried absolutely everything natural, researched the internet for hours tyring to find a solution. I could keep it slightly under control but basically there was rarely a time in 18months that I haven't had at least one small boil on my face. I can eventually clear it up but while it is healing I will feel another one coming. Believe me I use everything natural, keep very clean, eat healthy, drinks lots of water, take lots of vitamins but nothing worked. I knew it was something inside my body that was causing the boils.

Finding my cure was purely by accident. I brought a bottle of detox capsules with the main ingredient being 'Burdock Root'. I knew in 2 days that the capsules were curing my boils. It has been 2 weeks and I have not had one boil on my face and every old mark, scab, bump and redness has nearly completely healed. I then looked up 'Burdock Root' because in all my research it was mentioned very rarely when it came to acne and boils.

It says that "Herbalists revers Burdock as perhaps natures best blood purifer that helps to rid the body of toxins and clear congestion from the circulatory, lymphatic, respiratory and urinary systems. It is said to soothe the aches and pains of arthritis, alleviate excess water weight and help to keep the skin clear and healthy. As a matter of fact, it is believed to help keep the entire body clear and healthy!"

So to anyone who has boils and feels that it could be an internal problem try 'Burdock Root'. Hopefully you have the same success I had. Boil free!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 06:26 PM

1,364 posts, read 3,287,472 times
Default celiac

another thing to check is have the doctor check for Celiac, or wheat/gluten allergy, my mom has celiac and has battled boils all her life, especially the last 5 years they are HUGE. She was hosptialized for 4 weeks last year due to one on her back , she couldn't see until it was 4" x 4" on her back, they had to surgically lance and drain it. The visiting nurse checks her every visit to make sure she isn't developing another.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:34 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,437,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkey View Post
Get tested for MRSA. My son went to the ER for a boil last week. He's never had one and it was a big, nasty thing. It tested positive for MRSA and he was put on Bactrim. It was lanced and drained and a wick was inserted.

If you're MRSA positive, you've got to get on an antibiotic and have the boil treated by a doctor.
This, this, this! You can tell it's MRSA by the yucky greenish/yellow pus that comes out. This is serious stuff.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:53 PM

5,291 posts, read 11,482,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
This, this, this! You can tell it's MRSA by the yucky greenish/yellow pus that comes out. This is serious stuff.
You can't tell MRSA by the color of the pus...pus by definition is greenish/yellow.

MRSA is staph that is resistant to methicillin related antibiotics...but its still Staph aureus.

Also, we ALL have Staph all over our bodies...unless it gets trapped beneath the skin it is not a problem. Most boils that are lanced and drained do not necessarily need antibiotics as well...

There is however a growing problem with skin infections and boils with community acquired MRSA which is typically sensitive to sulfa drugs like Bactrim. Especially high prevalence in dorms, locker rooms etc...

Old 10-17-2008, 06:59 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,437,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You can't tell MRSA by the color of the pus...pus by definition is greenish/yellow.

MRSA is staph that is resistant to methicillin related antibiotics...but its still Staph aureus.

Also, we ALL have Staph all over our bodies...unless it gets trapped beneath the skin it is not a problem. Most boils that are lanced and drained do not necessarily need antibiotics as well...

There is however a growing problem with skin infections and boils with community acquired MRSA which is typically sensitive to sulfa drugs like Bactrim. Especially high prevalence in dorms, locker rooms etc...
Thanks for the info...
We dealt with MRSA in our family for over a year...I know everything there is to know...unfortunately. There was an outbreak here that originated in a locker room at the high school.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:17 PM

4,134 posts, read 9,460,087 times
I would try homeopathy or essential oils, maybe not together as the oils can counteract the homeopathy.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:59 AM

192 posts, read 564,661 times
I just read that they can be caused by a low level staph infection - this article said to go to the doctor to rule this out. My dad had them all his life, when I developed one under my arm I used Aztec Secret (Indian healing clay - buy at health food store) boy does ot draw out the impurities. I applied warm compresses and then the clay and didn't have it lanced (it did it on it's own) My doctor was flabbergasted. Regarding the staph - the article said to clean out your nose with hydrogen peroxide on a Q tip twice daily (and keep your hands off) I hop this helps somewhat - good luck!!
Oh - when you wash the clay off (leave it on overnight - or all the time soak it with warm clean washcloth then reapply - after it opened I alternated clay and or neosporin with band aid, and at times neosporin on top of the clay.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:32 PM

28,617 posts, read 48,725,290 times
I've got a boil now that will need a surgeon because I'm on Coumadin blood thinner. Boil is on my upper left leg.

John

Old 09-20-2010, 04:51 AM

1 posts, read 16,824 times
Default boils

To get ride of boils .first consult to dermatologist or you can do home remedies.you can maintain proper diet.honey is useful for treatment of boils.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 PM

9,944 posts, read 17,861,267 times
I saw that this post is really old but I'll tell you what I do for my dd: sometimes she'll get one between her legs or her armpits and I'll clean it with hydrogen peroxide and then smear some oil of oregano on it. It takes a couple of days but it heals up nicely. I do that routine about 3x/day. BTW, these are not ingrown hairs. It may be that she has a staph problem but I haven't seen any other signs of it and she's had just 3 boils in her life. I've heard of people who have staph in their blood and they've been able to control the symptoms with a greatly improved diet--I think the key is to lower the sugar intake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness