U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2013, 05:12 PM

1,267 posts, read 2,926,954 times

Advertisements

For days i have been feeling a sort of burning sensation emerging up to my lower part of the throat. I am only 19, i have no idea what it was until just now, maybe it could be acid reflex. I have heard of acid reflex before, pills for relief are always coming out on tv commercials. I never knew you could develop this as such a young age, the people in the commercials are always full grown adults. It always looked like you developed this if you have a bad diet. But i don't. I don't eat spicy foodd or greasy food. Its weird. I consider myself in good shape. Could someone help me about this?

I have been going through a cold these couple of days, i am feeling better now, still coughing from time to time, i read coughing is another sympton due to throat soreness. The sensation still persist.

Someone help?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 05:44 PM

2,818 posts, read 3,284,677 times
You might have it. You need to check your diet. Try staying away from too much acidic foods.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:25 PM

16,489 posts, read 23,629,977 times
It is called acid reflux, not reflex. Do you feel stomach acid coming into your throat, which then makes your throat burn? Try taking some Tums and see if that works. If it does then you probably have acid reflux, if not see your doc. Things that can cause acid reflux are excess weight, caffiene (including chocolate), spicy foods, alcohol, tomatoes and citrus fruits, Hiatal Hernia, pregnancy, fried food, soda, and high fat foods. I was diagnosed with a Hiatal Hernia at your age, so yes people can get acid reflux at an early age.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:52 AM

40,723 posts, read 40,623,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
It is called acid reflux, not reflex. Do you feel stomach acid coming into your throat, which then makes your throat burn? Try taking some Tums and see if that works. If it does then you probably have acid reflux, if not see your doc. Things that can cause acid reflux are excess weight, caffiene (including chocolate), spicy foods, alcohol, tomatoes and citrus fruits, Hiatal Hernia, pregnancy, fried food, soda, and high fat foods. I was diagnosed with a Hiatal Hernia at your age, so yes people can get acid reflux at an early age.
I agree with the above. Although it is more common in middle-aged people one can develop it at a younger age especially for above reasons especially if someone older in your family who is genetically related to you has it as well. Also if you have acid reflux you should not lie down for 2-3 hours after eating as this tends to exacerbate the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness