Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:51 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,418 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping some therapy and a massage will do the trick but I am going to see a doctor Monday to check it out. I've been sore before but never for this long and to the degree it is happening. It was getting better last week after two gym visits with walking on a flat surface. Then I got sedentary again and the pain came back. I'm using some icy/hot in the evening before I go to bed and it seems to be helping. Again went to the gym yesterday and it felt not so bad today.

It's really in my low low back like right where my butt meets and sometimes it can cause my mid back to be sore. I tried the side and back sleeping techniques but they do nothing to relieve the pain. I did notice that if I laid on my side and then slightly rolled towards my back it seemed to help a lot.

Just very odd since I cannot recall doing anything to injure my back and the mattress has never been an issue since we got it. I used to not want to leave the bed but now I'm getting up early in the morning to just get rid of the pain. Sitting, standing, walking, all do not hurt or cause strain. It's just when I am sleeping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 08:18 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,546,706 times
Try to find a gentle Yoga class that you might take once or twice a week. I had awful back pain and found that this took care of it after a few weeks. In addition the yoga taught me how to relax completely and is great for breathing. Most of us don't breathe completly most of the time. Be careful about taking too many Advil as these are not great for your liver. Experts now recommend we don't take it more than 3 or 4 times a week.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:24 AM

551 posts, read 1,574,015 times
Check the age of your mattress! That solved our back problems when we saw how old it was!

Old 01-16-2014, 04:08 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asonnier View Post
Check the age of your mattress! That solved our back problems when we saw how old it was!
You must have missed the part where OP said the mattress is only a few months old!

OP that's your lower back. Try the stretches on this page The 5 Top Stretches to Minimize Back Pain | Athletico

Old 01-17-2014, 02:16 PM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,418 times
All set! Doctor said nothing serious, nothing operable, no disc issues and what not. I just have it inflamed and need to do more to rest it to get better. He gave me an anti-inflammatory to take each night and it helped a lot yesterday. Still a little sore this morning but worlds better than it was. I've been standing more, stretching, walking, sitting properly and so far so good.

Thanks all for thoughts and suggestions, I'm glad I got it looked at though.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:43 PM

4 posts, read 8,236 times
It could be due to your posture when you sleep and lack of physical exercise.

When I was younger (about 18 years old), I also had this back ache and my back would start to hurt a lot after walking for about 10 minutes. At that time, I was preparing for my exams, and would sit for long hours everyday studying.
However, my back started to improve after I was drafted into the army after my exams.

To cut the story short, exercise will help to strengthen your back muscles and the pain will go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness