U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 06:53 PM

57,837 posts, read 76,820,345 times

Advertisements

you got to talk to a doctor on this. weight and diet control are critical if i remember correctly. no doubt more involved than this. my friends wife follows a very bad diet and it makes it 2x as hard for him to stay on his own correct path.
despite his problem my friend is very athletic and manages to cope pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 01:28 PM

3 posts, read 8,026 times
I have been using mangosteen juice for over a year and it has really helped me with both my feet and arithitis in my legs & shoulders too.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,077,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
My husband has had gout for years. He isn't that old, only 44. He has been on Allopurinol & Celebrex for a few years and it has kept the gout in check until recently. Over the past month he has had 4 flareups. Does anyone out there have any stories to share regarding things they've done to help gout? My husband works on his feet all day so it's really painful for him when things are flaring up. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
My husband like yours has had gout for years but in the last six months he has a case of gout every few weeks.He takes the gout meds all the time. His doctor thinks now he might have pseudogout which mimics gout but it is a form of Arthritis it might be worth mentioning that to his doctor.
BTW I got the Bing cherry juice for him found it in publix but it didn't help him. He also tried the bing cherries and nothing. to bad since that would have been great.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:01 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,673,797 times
Default Juice

We just bought Mangosteen juice at Costco. It wasn't that expensive, only about $13 for a bottle, which should last a couple of weeks. We'll let you know how it works!!! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
Georgia

Old 01-08-2008, 03:10 PM

76 posts, read 242,594 times
Default gout

there are a number of things you can do.. but first.. have some one evaluate your husband's diet.
i would not choose steroids as a first option... they may make the pain go away, but WILL cause otehr damage down the road. on top of that... just taking an anti inflammatory is often like shutting off the fire alarm, but leaving the fire... when you do this.. the house falls down later... but until it does, at least you got to have some quiet?
so before anything, take a look at the diet. rich foods can lead to a build up of uric acid. there are a number of different foods that can do this, and a number of different foods that can help.
the cherry juice that was suggested... can help
so can celery juice
and drinking a lot of water.
what we normally do in clinic (this is a non western med clinic) is test the biological functions of the body to see what is out of balance, out of function.
try adjusting the diet and adding some of these other things in, before going to harsh drugs which can cause other damage...
of course, if you are on a prescription med, do not discountinue with out speaking to you primary physician first.
treat the gout as a cry for help by the body... and then go looking for the problems to fix it.
i know it causes a lot of pain, and i am not saying not to take pain meds... i am only suggesting that you also look for contributing factors and eliminate them.
if i can help, let me know...
but it should not be too difficult to find some one to coach you through this.
good luck

Old 09-06-2010, 04:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,032 times
1. Do not neglect drinking water throughout your whole treatment. This will keep you healthy and it will also keep you full. About 75% of hunger pains are actually thirst pains.
2. Avoid eating dairy, meats and seafood for the time being. All of these animal products have purines which the body will break down to uric acid. The less uric acid; the better.
3. You should also be eating plenty of water soluble fiber that is in vegetables and fruits.
4. Dietary fiber is especially important for flushing.
5. There are numerous fruits that have shown to neutralize uric acid. You should be eating strawberries, cherries, blueberries and grapes on a regular basis.
6. One of our more popular remedies is to mix a half teaspoon of baking soda with a cup of water and mix up. This drink has been shown to dissolve the crystals that are causing the pain.
Be Completely Cured in 2 Hour Flat! Imagine being completely cured in less than 2 hours! This could be reality with a 100% guaranteed remedy report that is downloadable and teaches you the 20+ most effective home remedies for gout.
Joe Barton and Barton Publishing would like you to try the gout cure remedy report. We guarantee results and satisfaction within 2 hours! Download your step by step report now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness