Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,158,435 times

Advertisements

Just a guess, but maybe some of the pharmacists were getting kickbacks from the dirty doctors?

Old 01-17-2014, 10:34 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,435,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The junkies are robbing the pharmacies blind where I live........5 or 6 robberies in the last couple of days.
My wife, nor I will go into a drug store unarmed (we have CHP's). Robberies have been common here, and recently a customer was taken hostage to force the pharmacy to 'give up the pills'. This was the store we use, and in one of the better parts of town.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,435,199 times
But the elephant in the room that everyone is ignoring;

Americans consume 80 percent of the world's supply of painkillers -- more than 110 tons of pure, addictive opiates every year -- as the country's prescription drug abuse epidemic explodes.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:33 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,222,064 times
What is the best way to minimize disruption for getting monthly refills of pain meds, now that Walgreeens has dedicated itself to making RX pickup as difficult and frustrating as possible? Is CVS better? Other national chains? How about local pharmacies? I'm getting tired of being given the run-around, with a different excuse every time.

The last few years apparentley haven't been bad enough--no matter how you try to follow all the rules,and jump through every possible hoop--it just gets more ridiculous everyday. There will always be druggies managing to overdose--but that hat NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MILLIONS of adults with painful conditions that are at ZERO risk of problems.

This Big Goverment/Big Pharma MONEY-MAKING WAR on chronic pain patients has reached new levels in the last 6 months of 2013, thanks to busy little government bees (no doubt dis-interred jackals genetically merged with killer african bees). It appears that the SADISTS-THAT-RULE will do anything they can to prevent analygesics from reaching the suffering multititudes (made up of children, the elderly the poor, the sick, and those who haven't done anything to "deserve" their pain and agony.

Thinking about these issues proves to me that if a benevolent God exists, he's got to be planning something stomach-turning for anyone involved in make medication HARDER TO GET than it already is. For heavens sake, Americans shouldn't suffer far more from pain because our corrupt leaders as so obsessed with maximizing profits and grabbing power.

After having the same health insurnace for decades, and having spent decades fighting a verifiable, testable, chronic pain problem that tends not to kill, with almost no deviation in medication levels--and NO powerful medication that could cause a high or other psychological switch, I now find myself playing the game of calling Walgreens to minimize wait times. I'm still waiting hours to find out WHAT'S WRONG NOW!

Over the past few months I've been told that "Walgreens was out of stock of that item;" :Walgreens can get it back in stock in a week or so (since they don't want to transfer Rx's between stores);" "You can't get the next month's stupply since the DATE on the RX says the 20th but our records show you didn't pick it up until three days later (send on job trip).

So the RX as READY on the 20th, but because I couldn't pick it up, they ADDED a THREE DAY PENALTY to the regular amount of waiting time. Sure. Right. Makes perfect sense. To an exhumed Jackal full of African Killer Honey Bee genes, I guess.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:07 AM

22,579 posts, read 24,396,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
My wife, nor I will go into a drug store unarmed (we have CHP's). Robberies have been common here, and recently a customer was taken hostage to force the pharmacy to 'give up the pills'. This was the store we use, and in one of the better parts of town.

Good for you, the USAtard is filled to the brim with doped-up psychopaths!

Old 01-18-2014, 01:27 AM

1,248 posts, read 2,158,435 times
There was a man near where I am who stabbed a pharmacy tech with one of the syringes he had just bought because she was trying to prevent him from going back to where the narcotics were stored. After he stabbed her in the hand with a syringe he then drank a bottle of peroxide before walking out to the parking lot to attempt to car jack someone. This guy is not only an addict. He also has some sort of severe mental illness because last year he was arrested for barracading himself in his parents home with a bunch of guns.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:50 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,068,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
What is the best way to minimize disruption for getting monthly refills of pain meds, now that Walgreeens has dedicated itself to making RX pickup as difficult and frustrating as possible? Is CVS better? Other national chains? How about local pharmacies? I'm getting tired of being given the run-around, with a different excuse every time.

WHAT'S WRONG NOW!

"You can't get the next month's stupply since the DATE on the RX says the 20th but our records show you didn't pick it up until three days later (send on job trip).

So the RX as READY on the 20th, but because I couldn't pick it up, they ADDED a THREE DAY PENALTY to the regular amount of waiting time. Sure. Right. Makes perfect sense. To an exhumed Jackal full of African Killer Honey Bee genes, I guess.
It's not a penalty.
In states where the problem has been the greatest....Florida notably...restrictions can make it much more difficult.
Add in a pharmacy that was involved( allegedly) and fined and double the problem.
When my daughter was in Florida her doctor would not write a script for the morphine she had already been taking for over 10 years. She head to go to a pain clinic.
The routine was that she had to show up personally every month (and pay a co-pay, of course) and also take a urine test.

Unaware of how overly cautious some of these places are, she was told to bring in whatever remaining pills she had every month so being that she is on both a time-release and an extra for 'break through' pain and trying to take as little as possible if she can get away with it, she had some left over one month.
For the next month she was given a script for only the balance, leaving her no choice but to take less than allowed if the pain was worse that month.
That is most likely the theory behind you getting "shorted" the 3 days.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:16 AM

836 posts, read 1,655,371 times
You can thank the fake drug war for the incivilities being suffered by civilians and veterans alike.

They'd rather you climb a clock tower than cop a buzz.

Walgreens pharmacy is one big HIPPA violation anyway- they yell out your info and details about the drugs you're getting in earshot of the whole back of the store.

That's the main reason I just switched elsewhere.

F%^* walgreens!

Old 01-18-2014, 12:19 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,731,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

just use the drive-thru. Keeps you safe from germs and thugs.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:49 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,222,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
just use the drive-thru. Keeps you safe from germs and thugs.
Stops you from being attacked when picking up meds, but does nothing about the endless hoops pain patients are forced to jump through.

Is there ANY hope for sanity coming back to America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.