U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Physical ailments can really be spiritual maladies; overmedicated society, media pushing too many prescription drugs as cures to psychological issues, prayer, meditation

Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 AM

7,771 posts, read 17,228,845 times

Advertisements

Here an interesting article titled The Rise and Fall of Pharmacracy from Dr Mercolas website.

blessings....Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 10:58 AM

15,183 posts, read 23,205,925 times
I couldn't enter your link there because I don't want to devulge my email, but I think I may get the jist of your stance here and I do believe the topic interests me much in my personal life.

I don't like doctors because although they do very good things and some have a very great gift and can help people through quality of better living and they can straight-up save lives due to high trama surgery, the politics get involved and goof everything up.

There are some things doctors can't fix. Sometimes, there's not a pill that will help you. Sometimes the patient has to reach down into themselves and summon some help from within. Show me a pill for that.

In other words, how does a doctor charge for the restoration of a spiritual malady? Well let's not allow me to "hijack" the thread here. Let me stay on topic and not go on a spiritual rant. I know many don't want to go there.

But I believe that much of the human body are a mystery to doctors and the Western culture could benefit greatly from some Eastern techniques and visa versa. I'd say our trama centers are fantastic, for example. If you're bleeding to death from a gun shot or a stab wound, a doctor can use the Conmed 6500 Argon Beam Coagulator to stitch you up pronto.

But what about the person with a bruised soul? Why is it that when I grab the yellow "book" and look for a doctor, it takes me to the word "Practice"? Is this not what doctors do? Practice? (Ok AI, settle down! Not a Game!)

There was a doctor back in 1934 that had the decency to admit his own inadequacy in trying to help drunks and admitted there were perhaps avenues outside of their "synthetic knowledge" that needed to be tapped into. He called it moral psychology. His name was Dr. Silkworth.

What is this moral psychology? Does it come in a pill? Can I claim it on my insurance? Does Pfizer have FDA approval on it yet?

I don't want to get political here, but if the United States of America spent less time spamming me on what pill I needed to improve my sex life, we might actually get some actual work done, we'd be able to feed the world, clothe the world, entertain the world, power the world, and be home by 5:00 pm so I can go home and spend some quality time with the wife and maybe get some.

So what I'm saying about doctors is that most posture themselves as being in the know, even when they know they're not! And it all goes round and round; doctors, lawyers, insurance, pharmaceuticals, etc.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:54 AM

7,771 posts, read 17,228,845 times
Dawg...How dare you try to hijack this highly popular ( 1 response in 9 months! ) thread.

Many, if not most physical maladies originate as spiritual maladies. It is only when it is not dealt with on the spiritual level that it manifests as a physical malady....and only then to get our attention. By learning to pay attention to the subtle signals provided by our thoughts, dreams, and emotions we can make the subtle changes being called for from within ourselves. It is only when these subtle signals are ignored that symptoms escalate to the physical realm.

For most of us however, there's just too much stimulation in our external lives. A couple hours in a church pew simply is not enough time to serve as a counter balance. We also need inner directed practices such as prayer, & meditation. To balance the physical and spiritual, disciplines like Yoga and Tai-chi are excellent outlets. 99.9% of the time, a drug for treating a physical malady makes us even less conscious of the underlying spiritual malady, so it continues to be ignored and the physical malady contiues to progress even further...along with a myriad of side effects.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:12 PM

15,183 posts, read 23,205,925 times
Settle down there, RedNeck! You're starting to give some of us hope.

Or as I once heard a sick individual say, "How Dare You! I'm entitled to my PAIN!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness