U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 08:51 PM

16,482 posts, read 21,690,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
IF you have the hysterectomy - taking the uterus is no big deal but KEEP your ovaries if at all possible!!!
Personally, at my age I want them to take everything. Then I don't have to worry about cervical, uterine or ovarian cancer, it will all be gone.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:30 AM

8,685 posts, read 17,320,498 times
THere is proof that ovarian cancer rates decrease in women who have no uterus .. not sure why but thought is that perhaps the uterus removes a pathway to them. Your ovaries provide needed hormones in very low amounts long after they have ceased functioning. Unless you have a family history of cancer, I would keep them. Some people may not have menopausal symptoms that are severe but some unfortunately find them debilatating and hormonal replacement therapy is the only alternative to feeling well for them. Everybody is different. I was almost "bullied" into not taking them by so many women telling me no, no no, and finally I felt so ill that I had no choice and I can't tell you how much better I felt once I started taking them. But given my choice, I would much rather have ovaries and natural hormones coming from them.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:06 PM

15,570 posts, read 28,267,266 times
Have you explored having a UFE or UAE? It is a uterine fibroid or arterial embolization. This is performed by an Interventional Radiologist. You owe it to yourself to explore this option PRIOR to a hysterectomy. Just google search Fibroid embolization to learn all about it. Keep in mind that your OB/GYN may not be excited about the UFE because they do not get the fee for performing your hysterectomy. You can call your local hospitals and ask if their Radiologists perform this procedures. Condoleeza Rice had a UFE about 6-9 months ago and it was in the news.

Good Luck to you!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:39 PM

My OB/GYN is salaried so he makes no more/no less whether I had surgery or not. I like that.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:56 PM

15,570 posts, read 28,267,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
My OB/GYN is salaried so he makes no more/no less whether I had surgery or not. I like that.
That is good, and rare. Even salaried/employed physicians are incentivized in most all settings. Most patients will never know of these incentives, however. The laws are changing a bit on certain incentives, but very slowly. Some of these will never go away as they are perfectly legal and the incentives are within their own practices.

Back to the OP, it is always best to get a second, and even third opinion if you are having doubts or second thoughts. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Beretta; 12-30-2007 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 12-30-2007, 03:31 PM

do a google search on Women's Health Initiative Study -- there is lots of new information there.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:05 PM

5,006 posts, read 14,110,692 times
You may wish to read some of these webpages:

Sex After A Hysterectomy

Low sex drive in women — causes and solutions

No Sex Drive - Is there sex after hysterectomy?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:50 AM

4 posts, read 15,536 times
Default No more uterine orgasm

Their is a very small chance a women will develop ovarian cancer, keep your organs no matter what. When a surgeon removes your sex organ, guess what happens? Yes, that is right! You will never have a uterine orgasm again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Personally, at my age I want them to take everything. Then I don't have to worry about cervical, uterine or ovarian cancer, it will all be gone.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 AM

436 posts, read 653,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie007 View Post
Their is a very small chance a women will develop ovarian cancer, keep your organs no matter what. When a surgeon removes your sex organ, guess what happens? Yes, that is right! You will never have a uterine orgasm again.
A "uterine orgasm"?

Old 01-26-2008, 03:12 PM

4 posts, read 15,536 times
Default Scare Tactics

Please don't be fooled by scare tactics. You need your uterus and your ovaries your entire lifetime. The uterus is a powerful hormone responsive muscle. Your ovaries produce your own natural hormones your entire lifetime. Your stomach will become distended and protruding after a hysterectomy because they remove the uterus. Like a cat that is spayed or neutered. Hang on to your ovaries and uterus ladies, your health and vitality will never be the same, you will become fatiqued easily for the rest of your life and will never be the same because your own hormones were taken from you. The hormones the doctors try to convince you will help, cause stroke and I can say from experience, they do not make you feel like you did before, not even close. When the doctor tries to scare you about cancer he/she is trying to make a buck, the ovarian cancer risk is very, very low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness