Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 08:30 AM

306 posts, read 517,732 times

Advertisements

I feel like I am the only one who has these problems, but I will try to explain my situation as best as possible...

I am a 26 year old male, 6'0, around 210lbs.

I have not yet seen a doctor about this, but I think I have a male hormonal balance problem. I think my testerone is either through the roof or non-existant. There will be a week in which I have the sex drive of a horny teenager, and then a week or so when I have no sex-drive at all.

In the period of change in which my hormones fluctate, I receive hormonal pimples on my face, usually on my nose, and I notice that my anger/mood changes pretty significantly, with the slightest thing making me angry.

I have noticed a couple times during these fluctuations I will receive what is generally called "hot flashes" randomly for a couple seconds and despite dieting and exercising pretty good since last September, I have been unable to lose belly fat.

I am intending on making a visit with an endocrinologist pretty soon, but I was curious if any other males have this problem or have ever experienced it. I read online and I see that sometimes males do suffer from "PMS" symptoms, but I cannot find a lot of data on it.

I do not take any medications other than multi-vitamins and fish oil... I don't have any known medical conditions other than being pretty prone to anxiety during certain situations.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 12:49 AM

1 posts, read 558 times
It seems that you are suffering from sexual anxiety. You have to concern with endocrinologist as soon as possible before its too late.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:48 AM

306 posts, read 517,732 times
Do you mean like performance anxiety? Because I have looked into that and I don't think it is mental... I think it is more of a physical thing due to the other symptoms experienced.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:54 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
I have not yet seen a doctor about this...
I am intending on making a visit with an endocrinologist pretty soon, but...
See the doctor.
Have the blood tests.
Know.

Until then... go fishing.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:18 AM

924 posts, read 1,677,235 times
Were you told to take fish oil supplements? Are you taking a super high dose?

They can cause acne (they can help it too - just depends on the person)

Under side effects and warnings, the following link says to use fish oil cautiously in people at risk for hormone imbalance or who are undergoing treatment. Omega-3 fatty acids, fish oil, alpha-linolenic acid Safety - Mayo Clinic

I am not a doctor, but personally I'd stop taking the fish oil and see if your symptoms don't clear up in a few weeks. Sounds like you might have to anyway in order to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness