Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:18 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Can you end up in a constant state of menstruation during perimenopause? I'm in misery. Regular since my ovarian surgery at 18 years old until 2 weeks ago. It was light and lasted 2 days. I thought to myself, "If this is the way it ends, that's a sweet deal." But my abdomen has been killing me. My right ovary has been feeling like I'm having a period. Then I noticed there is an ever so slight discharge that's almost undetectable. It's like I'm having a never ending period. I thought they just wound down and became further and further apart at the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 09:37 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
You can have ongoing spotting or a never-ending period for other reasons. You should see your doctor if it doesn't stop soon.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:40 AM

Yeah, that's what I suspected. After last years ovarian cancer scare, I'm not really interested in seeing gynes right now. But I guess I'll make an appointment. I need a new gyne.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:01 PM

I have an appointment for the 5th. I'm sure I'll be told I'm "just getting older." I had one say that to me when I was in my 30s. Anyways, better to error on the side of caution.

I'm still interested in hearing what "irregular" meant for other perimenopausal women.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:06 PM

72 posts, read 99,835 times
I just finished menopause and I'm only 43 years old. I started at the age of 30. The way mine worked, was pretty bad. I would bleed nonstop sometimes for up to 6 weeks. The periods, would just run into one another. I never went to the doctor. I took my iron supplements and drank my green shakes. One day, they just stopped. I haven't had a cycle in over a year. I don't like doctors. I am so thrilled that I managed it on my own. =)

Old 01-28-2014, 12:32 PM

865 posts, read 1,489,165 times
Somewhereinthemiddle - mid 30's or late 30's here depending on which way you look at it! I am getting my period about every other month, and I have other signs pointing to peri-menopause. They are usually scant when I do get them. I haven't gone to Dr yet for FSH test, because he sees me yearly, knows the deal, had blood work to rule out thyroid related disorders, mamograms, and paps that were good in last year. My yearly is coming up next month. That being said, he never mentioned the iron and I never heard of green shakes for this. What is in the green shakes, and why do you take them both for menopause? Just looking for rationale, and wondering what I need to do health wise to make the menopause transition a successful one.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:11 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Mine didn't change all that much. I had one month where I bled almost non-stop somewhere in the last 8 years or so. I could see gradually that they were getting a little shorter and a little less painful and once in awhile I'd entirely miss a month here and there until finally last June was the last one, so far anyway! I can't afford to go to the doctor so I've gone through it without any advice or treatment. I basically, just let it happen! But my ACA goes into effect 3/1 so I guess I will bite that bullet soon but I don't feel anything needs to be fixed at this point.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:05 PM

I was happy to discover that preventative care is covered 100% by my new insurance policy. I schedule an annual pap physical.

I appreciate everyone sharing. I'm just miserable today. In pain and very tired and weak. It's easier to handle when you know it's consistent and how long it will last.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
OP I think you should go to the doc but I will say that I stopped a non-stop period once by taking dong qwai. (sp?) One doc had sent me up for a hysterectomy but the second opinion doc said no way. It was awful while it lasted. Here's a question though--did you do anything hormonal? Like take birth control pills, or DIM, or even soy? I'm wondering b/c I just had a breakthrough really heavy period after I stopped DIM in preparation for surgery and it was awful. DIM is a broccoli compound that's supposed to balance your estrogens and make a healthier balance. It must work b/c I started to have hot flashes as soon as I started to take it and I'm going into menopause really late at 54. I'm beginning to wonder if this will ever end.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:24 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Can you end up in a constant state of menstruation during perimenopause? I'm in misery. Regular since my ovarian surgery at 18 years old until 2 weeks ago. It was light and lasted 2 days. I thought to myself, "If this is the way it ends, that's a sweet deal." But my abdomen has been killing me. My right ovary has been feeling like I'm having a period. Then I noticed there is an ever so slight discharge that's almost undetectable. It's like I'm having a never ending period. I thought they just wound down and became further and further apart at the end.
Yeah, I had a never ending one for a year, but it was super heavy. Went through all the tests to make sure it wasn't something else, and tried ablation but that didn't work (poked a hole in my uterus) because I've never had kids (cervix too small).

Finally got a hysterectomy, and now I'm happy, happy, happy!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness