Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 05:58 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times

Advertisements

As a male in my mid 20's at the peak of my health and probably just passing by the prime of my life, I sometimes wonder about how complex and intricate the human body is and how many millions of things can go wrong.

In my day dreaming of a stupor I remember having read and realized that most mental ailments that plague humans will more often than not target the male gender. As someone who is not in the medical profession, I have no guess and very limited information on why this is. However, it seems that males are more susceptible to mental illness, such as schizoprhenia, bi-polar, and other disorders. Also, I'm relatively sure that ONLY men can be colorblind, for some reason this cannot happen to women. Men also seem more susceptible to heart disease than women.

Another point that crosses my mind is to examine the jails and prisons in our nation. I can't tell you an exact percentage, but the great majority of people in prison are men, and an overwhelming majority of the people on death row are men. Men seem far more likely to commit violent or harsh crimes. Men also have a slightly shorter life expectancy than women, in the past the difference was far greater, but today the gap has narrowed to only a few years.

So really, what is it about men that makes us weaker? More susceptible to diseases, deformities, or disorders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 09:42 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,624,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post

So really, what is it about men that makes us weaker? More susceptible to diseases, deformities, or disorders?
I suppose most of the women would say cooties, young man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness