Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:46 PM

373 posts, read 589,655 times

Advertisements

Gas is formed in the stomach, not in the colon. Mucous is always present in a normal colon (and small bowel and stomach). It may be something going on in the upper GI tract, perhaps something as simple as gulping air in your sleep, but could also be a stomach condition (food intolerance included) but could also be inflammation, gallbladder malfunction, something pancreatic, or a small bowel infection such as giardiasis (which can sometimes otherwise be asymptomatic). See a doctor.

BTW, you are absolutely sure the gas is coming from the anus, and not the urethra? There is such thing as pneumaturia which indicates a bladder/rectal fistula which can be serious. Just saying.

See a doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 04:45 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
BTW, you are absolutely sure the gas is coming from the anus
Yes, very sure. Thank you all so much! It seemed to be a little better this morning, still there but calming down. If I end up going to the DR, I will let you know so if anybody else gets it we will hopefully know what to tell them it is.
Thanks again

Old 02-12-2014, 08:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Well, my friend that knows everything didn't help much this time...
Just said mucus like that is there to heal or sooth something caustic.
What does that mean? I dunno.
Why did she say 'caustic'?
I dunno.

I'm going to add I have always read gas is the by product of the "bad" bacteria.
Ya know how we should have 65% good (like we get from acidopholus) and
35% bad....sorry she wasn't more help on this one.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:33 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times
Wife had the same thing happen with gas, mucus, bowel movement. Found out she was allergic to flaxseed oil (she had started flaxseed oil capsules for omega-3). Could be you are allergic to something, maybe something in the vegetable soup.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Wife had the same thing happen with gas, mucus, bowel movement. Found out she was allergic to flaxseed oil (she had started flaxseed oil capsules for omega-3). Could be you are allergic to something, maybe something in the vegetable soup.
Finally someone has had exp with this...thank you....

Old 02-14-2014, 04:44 PM

659 posts, read 1,173,176 times
Did you take antibiotics while sick prior to the flatulence/ mucus issue?

I just wonder if your normal flora is out of whack...

Old 02-14-2014, 04:50 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,176 times
Also have you been on any prescription anti-biotics as of late? These can, in some instances, wipe out ALL of the bacteria, good and bad, from your digestive system. I went through a bout of this several years ago and the results sound like what you are having. Mucus, liquid stools, gas, having to go to the bathroom multiple times during the day. It was a hell for me. If no anti-biotics, then as I said in my previous post, could be an allergy.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:29 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,541 times
Does it smell like horse poop? Really really stinky horse poop? I had C-diff about a month ago. No pain, no cramping, just a ton of mucus with gas, and the stench. Mine was caused by Clindamycin, an anti-biotic. I was on a script and I took a bunch of pro-biotics to get over it, but now I can't take pro-biotics or the mucus comes back. Maybe an over productiin of flora? Maybe the milk you rarely drink bothered you?

Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Does it smell like horse poop? Really really stinky horse poop? I had C-diff about a month ago. No pain, no cramping, just a ton of mucus with gas, and the stench. Mine was caused by Clindamycin, an anti-biotic. I was on a script and I took a bunch of pro-biotics to get over it, but now I can't take pro-biotics or the mucus comes back. Maybe an over productiin of flora? Maybe the milk you rarely drink bothered you?
Chele123?

What is C-diff? It sounds just like what you had but oddly enough it doesn't have a terrible odor. There is only a slight odor.

Dan, maybe you are right about an allergy. I haven't taken any antibiotics for about 3 years.

Thanks

Last edited by mag32gie; 02-15-2014 at 06:43 AM..

Old 02-15-2014, 09:12 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,541 times
Basically it's an over colonization:
C. diff: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
I had basically none of the symptoms, no pain, no loss of appetitie, etc but I tested positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness