U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 08:06 PM

8,283 posts, read 12,135,499 times

Advertisements

hate to say it but most meat eaters suffer from this condition. Everyone should eat 2 to 3 cups of veggies & fruits a day. Have a banana or other fruit for breakfast first everyday then eat whatever else afterwards and then at least a handful of veggies sometime with lunch or dinner. Help your intestines & colon out! Oh and OJ in the morning does it for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 09:14 PM

605 posts, read 692,299 times
Default cannot $hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT good - not good at all. It's been almost a week. I've had 3 surgeries, and I'm wondering if the scar tissue has attached to my bowels - thus, decreasing mobility of my bowels

Old 12-10-2007, 11:02 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,004,711 times
Have you tried Milk of Magnesia?

Old 12-10-2007, 11:40 PM

605 posts, read 692,299 times
no, not yet.
Would that or Pepto Bismol work better?
I'm taking an antibiotic right now and it says not to mix with Cimetidine (sp?) -isn't that in MOM and Pepto?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:35 AM

12,630 posts, read 18,572,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
How in the heck do you relieve constipation???---having rough go with this and it's not good, my gas smells like something crawled up my arse and died!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need to drink more water. You are dehydrated. There isn't any fluid in your intestines and that is why you are having issues. You may even have a case of diarrhea before the constipation and that is normal too. Get some gatoraid and drinks like that to hydrate you it should pass in some hours. ONe of my kids has this problem when dehydrated even emergency room visits before we knew what it was.
You might even want to do an enema to help things out. If not I would consult a Dr.

Last edited by Miborn; 12-11-2007 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: add

Old 12-11-2007, 01:20 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,004,711 times
Quote:
no, not yet.
Would that or Pepto Bismol work better?
I'm taking an antibiotic right now and it says not to mix with Cimetidine (sp?) -isn't that in MOM and Pepto?
Milk of Magnesia is different than Pepto Bismal - and, believe me, it works. Give it a try if it's been that long. It should work wonders. Or take Ex Lax but be prepared for some stomach cramps. These are quick fixes for now. But, like other posters have said, drink more water and eat more fiber rich foods so you don't have this problem in the future.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:21 AM

5,006 posts, read 14,124,846 times
Quote:
This is NOT good - not good at all. It's been almost a week. I've had 3 surgeries, and I'm wondering if the scar tissue has attached to my bowels - thus, decreasing mobility of my bowels
You should check that out. It did with a friend of mine, and she just had surgery again. Only she had diarrhea.

I also agree about meat eaters. I had a day where I ate mostly meat, and so had a problem the following day. You really need fruit and veggies.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:04 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,087,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
coffee and a cigarette.
LMAO!!!!
If I eat breakfast out with some coffee, then have a smoke I better be really close to a bathroom!!!!
I worked at a Dr.s office. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that would come in with stomach pain, say they were "regular" but the x-ray would come back and they were FULL OF S*%T!
Pleanty of fruit, veggies, and water. Bran/Fiber filled breakfast would usually work.
Do NOT use laxatives without talking to your Doctor. They may work once, but you could cause an ongoing problem. If you need to use something, use a stimulant/laxative free stool softner.

Good luck!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:08 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,087,674 times
Quote:
You should really call your doctor. Does this doctor know all your history of surgeries and med's you are on? You should probably go in and go over all this stuff. You might need a prescription at this point. Don't let this go on any longer! It needs to be adressed now if it's been a week! If they can't get you in right away ask to talk to the nurse and explain to her what is happening!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 AM

7,100 posts, read 24,960,828 times
Pepto Bismol is taken to stop diarrhea. You really don't want to take it if you are constipated.

Are you on any kind of medication? Some pain killers will make the bowel sluggish. So can some kinds of cough medicine. This is a different kind of constipation than that caused by poor diet.

Calcium tablets and antacids like Tums can also give some people trouble.

Water, more fruits and veggies, especially prunes, this is what a doctor would tell you to do first. More fiber can be a problem if the bowel is just slow acting as it adds more bulk to the stool and makes it even more difficult to pass.

If the stool is so big that it is difficult to pass, then stool softeners are the answer. If it's just a matter of hard, dry stools, then, fruit and water will make a difference. Cheese tends to make some people constipated too. If you eat a lot of it, stop for at least two weeks and see if there is a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness