U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:15 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,946,197 times

Advertisements

You may want to get to a doctor. Impacted bowels are not something to ignore. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 06:01 PM

605 posts, read 692,947 times
Coffee is supposed to be a colon blow I drink it everyday, but...I had some oat bran cereal last night---it worked, but there's still some up there....
Our intestines are 60 feet long man---they can hold a lot!
Thanks for all your help, prunes and prune juice didn't work. I don't eat much fruit, and I haven't been drinking as much water as I need to.
Peopto Bismol in the past, gives me the runs---maybe I will try that.
It may be one of the meds I'm taking
A doc a whie back gave me something called Lactulose a syrup---it worked then, but it made me sick like an antihistamine would--weird feeling in my head.

Being pretty lazy lately with my eating habits, I either don't eat or I eat the carbs, coffee, and smokes. My thyroid also went up a whole point over the past year.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:55 PM

14,301 posts, read 14,329,472 times
What in your life are you unwilling to let go of? If you want to explore what this physical symptom may be related to in terms of what in your life is asking for your attention, then that is something to look at. There are entire branches of medicine that treat and explore not just the symptom, but seek to get at the underying root cause. Any physical symptom is a part of your being that is trying to deliver information to you in a loving way so it can be addressed. That is another way of exploring what is going on.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:29 PM

7 posts, read 30,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
What in your life are you unwilling to let go of? If you want to explore what this physical symptom may be related to in terms of what in your life is asking for your attention, then that is something to look at. There are entire branches of medicine that treat and explore not just the symptom, but seek to get at the underying root cause. Any physical symptom is a part of your being that is trying to deliver information to you in a loving way so it can be addressed. That is another way of exploring what is going on.
You are fantastic. (It's WannaB - waiting for admins to fix my account problem) I heard this a loonnngg time ago. Wow - I really am speechless. I have been told by many practitioners that my mind and body are severly connected (in my case) for overall health. All doctors have done in the past is give me pill after pill after pill. I don't want to go down that route anymore. If it is expressing itto me in a loving way, how can I find out what it is I need to address?
Would you be willing to give me more information or a site on this subject - I find it fascinating.
Thanks so much!

Old 12-13-2007, 10:36 PM

531 posts, read 1,611,701 times
If you go to a doctor ask about a medicine called Amitiza. It's supposed to help constipation (mainly irritable bowel with that problem).

Old 12-13-2007, 10:47 PM

605 posts, read 692,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
What do you mean? How do I do some inner soul searching on this that you have suggested?

Old 12-14-2007, 02:18 AM

5,006 posts, read 14,130,173 times
If you do it will take a long time, so in the mean time I would get help through diet. I don't happen to share that same belief system anyway, not that he is wrong or right, but if diet can correct it, then how can it be psychological?

Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 PM

14,301 posts, read 14,329,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Gal1974 View Post
You are fantastic. (It's WannaB - waiting for admins to fix my account problem) I heard this a loonnngg time ago. Wow - I really am speechless. I have been told by many practitioners that my mind and body are severly connected (in my case) for overall health. All doctors have done in the past is give me pill after pill after pill. I don't want to go down that route anymore. If it is expressing itto me in a loving way, how can I find out what it is I need to address?
Would you be willing to give me more information or a site on this subject - I find it fascinating.
Thanks so much!
I usually start with a Google search "spiritual meaning of ________ " and then put in the part of my body that is affected. Louise Hay has books on the subject with correlation for different body parts, but they are fairly brief, and generally to actually address a symptom, it is useful to have more information. Pull up articles and see what seems to fit. Bodywork also helps if you are open to types of bodywork that go beyond strictly structural work. For persistent neck pain and injury one lady found a bunch of weapons in my neck from past lives where I'd been killed, sounds bizarre, don't have to believe the "story" but the bottom line is it worked for reducing my neck pain.

So letting go of something can be current, like a belief or an attitude, or shame or guilt; or it can be connected to something from a past life whether you believe it or not. Good luck and good for you for seeing it as an exciting and helpful venue, because it is, opens up whole new worlds of well-being.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:25 PM

258 posts, read 742,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
How in the heck do you relieve constipation???---having rough go with this and it's not good, my gas smells like something crawled up my arse and died!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use an herbal bowel aid made by a guy who calls himself The Barefoot Herbalist. You can find him an Curezone.com. It works like a dream and nothing else did. (cause i have cancer)

Old 12-17-2007, 07:29 PM
KB4

465 posts, read 1,164,374 times
Many good suggestions. I also recommend kiwis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness