Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,039,334 times

Advertisements

My friends dog is one of the dumbest dogs in the world I swear. Anyways my friend threw a party and the dog was hiding under the bed. I didn't know and the goddamn thing bit me while I was making out with this girl. He got me pretty good though broke the skin and now I feel an odd pain even 2 days later. I am guessing I am going to need anti biotics?

I swear if he bites me again I am taking the dog to a Chinese restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 09:02 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,655,279 times
Worry about rabies first. Make your friend show you the rabies certificate of vaccination. Then get antibiotics.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:09 AM

6,954 posts, read 12,007,493 times
Yes, agreed with SouthernBelle. Dogs have dirty mouths and could have given you an infection that is spreading now, as we speak. See a doc and get that rabies certificate too.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:22 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,903,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
My friends dog is one of the dumbest dogs in the world I swear. Anyways my friend threw a party and the dog was hiding under the bed. I didn't know and the goddamn thing bit me while I was making out with this girl. He got me pretty good though broke the skin and now I feel an odd pain even 2 days later. I am guessing I am going to need anti biotics?

I swear if he bites me again I am taking the dog to a Chinese restaurant.

The dog is probably smart, the dog's owner isn't.

You went to someone else's house and went into a bedroom where the owner probably put the dog to avoid a problem. Then in your infinite wisdom you go into the bedroom to have a romp with a girl.

Now who is the blame, the person who went into a bedroom where they shouldn't be or the dig who was supposed to be there and had more sense than the two people in the room?

Bravo to the dog. The dog did what it was supposed to do, defend property from fools.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 AM

924 posts, read 1,668,142 times
You need to make sure your tetanus vaccine is up to date. If the wound is showing signs of infection, you need antibiotics as well.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:34 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,625,232 times
Sounds like a well deserved bite.

What's a rat dog?

Old 02-24-2014, 09:36 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,903,262 times
Dogs bites human acting no so smart. Human can't figure out what to do next (health care).

I rest my case on which is the smarter.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:44 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,039,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Worry about rabies first. Make your friend show you the rabies certificate of vaccination. Then get antibiotics.
I was wondering this too considering the dog was acting unusual. Dogs usually love me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Yes, agreed with SouthernBelle. Dogs have dirty mouths and could have given you an infection that is spreading now, as we speak. See a doc and get that rabies certificate too.
I got an appointment for Friday but I wonder if I should wait that long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
The dog is probably smart, the dog's owner isn't.

You went to someone else's house and went into a bedroom where the owner probably put the dog to avoid a problem. Then in your infinite wisdom you go into the bedroom to have a romp with a girl.

Now who is the blame, the person who went into a bedroom where they shouldn't be or the dig who was supposed to be there and had more sense than the two people in the room?

Bravo to the dog. The dog did what it was supposed to do, defend property from fools.
No he didn't confine the dog anywhere the dog was out and about the whole time and free to leave the bedroom. Why are you making the assumption that I shouldn't be in the bedroom? I didn't antagonize the dog at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
You need to make sure your tetanus vaccine is up to date. If the wound is showing signs of infection, you need antibiotics as well.
What should I be looking out for? Redness? Increasing pain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Sounds like a well deserved bite.

What's a rat dog?
j
I pretty much call any small dog a rat dog. Never understood the point of having those fiesty little dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Dogs bites human acting no so smart. Human can't figure out what to do next (health care).

I rest my case on which is the smarter.
How was I not acting so smart? I didn't even know the damned thing was in the room hiding under the bed. And not to mention the fact that I have never been bit by a dog before in my life. Obviously I know I need to see a doctor just wanted to make sure. Is there anything wrong with that?

Last edited by hooplaman; 02-24-2014 at 09:54 AM..

Old 02-24-2014, 12:44 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,421,027 times
Some people don't want to help, they just like to point out what they think you did wrong.

Go to the doctor if you are worried about it...
Then you won't have to worry about it any longer.

Ask your friend for the vaccination documents or the name of their vet.

If they can't provide them, well, rabies shots suck big time. Good luck.
Don't take chances with this.

BTW, the doctor may be required to report a dog bite to the authorities, and your friend might have some 'splainin' to do.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:55 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,488,514 times
Could it be that the dog recognized the girl was too inebriated to know who she was making out with and felt the need to intervene? Dogs are pretty intuitive.

I'm just saying, maybe the dog was thinking, "Man, she's had 4 beers and 3 shots over the last hour. Does she know what a douche this guy is? I'm a dog, and I wouldn't want him petting me."

I'm just theorizing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness