Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 05:37 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,318,008 times

Advertisements

How to find out if your doctor is in good standing. It takes some digging. - The Washington Post

Some good information to know when researching a doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 07:28 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixmike11 View Post

How dare you suggest any doctor is not a god!

You MUST find out how experienced your doctor is in whatever procedure he is doing, simply as him right out and gage his demeanor. years ago, I had surgery done on both my knees, which turned out to be a complete disaster. Then, the "good doctor" said, strange, the other lady I did this on worked out just fine! You mean to tell me you've only done this once before? It was a long road to recovery, and I coudln't find another doctor to undo the mess he'd made until I moved to another state.

Also, beware they are checking you out, too. Be careful of giving out your SSN, they do NOT need that to file your insurance claim, regardless of WTH they say! That's why, many years ago, insurance companies issued member ID numbers, so you do NOT have to write down your SSN for anyone to see. Also, if an expensive procedure, they oftentimes check you out to see if you have medical charge offs on your record. With the sky-high cost of copays, many people have such even when they have insurance. For the guy with good credit, they would recommend a joint replacement, for the guy with insurance but poor credit and medical charge offs, they would give you crutches, some Motrin, and, perhaps, send you to counseling

Old 02-25-2014, 07:31 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
If you have a Medicare Insurance card your SSN is your ID number and that's what the doctors offices use to process the insurance claims. It's required for Medicare claims.

Finding out your doctor's good standing. Just google the name, there are many reporting sites with reviews on doctors including government oversight website.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:15 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
Health Grades???? Not a good indicator. Some don't have any patient satisfaction comments and can you really believe
what you read online (other than where he/she went to school and how many years of practice)? Also, use caution
because there have been incidents where some doctors found bad reviews about themselves and sued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness