U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:09 AM

28,227 posts, read 19,944,112 times

Advertisements

Kshe-could be sleep apnea. My son suffered from it for years and last year had surgery to correct it as he didn't want the C-Pap machine. He is "snore" free and good thing as he just got engaged!!!

Good luck-my DH snores but not loudly but he does have a very sharp cough and I fly out of the bed!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 06:23 AM

23,417 posts, read 32,625,275 times
Lacey, how do I get him to understand this?????? He truly thinks its me with the problem. I suspect apnea as well...... my former FIL had it, and DH sounds just like him. DH insists that he has no problem......of course, he said that about his high blood pressure, too, until the nurse at the plant put him in the emergency room.......

Old 05-16-2008, 06:46 AM

Kshe-don't know-could you record him? My son was exhausted all the time as he never got a good night's sleep due to the apnea. The day he and I came home from the hospital he said he had never slept so good or felt so rested.

The surgery is very painful-his doctor removed his uvula, tonsils (which he said were huge), shaved his tongue down and reduced the size of his palate. He had 10 pretty painful days.

Another big thing was weight loss helped him.

Best thing is to try to get him in for a physical and research a good Ear/Nose/Throat surgeon.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:48 AM

Oh Kshe-in some cases apnea can be life threatening-that may scare him.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:07 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,788,624 times
I saw a shirt once...it is like the anti snore shirt or something like that...It is a T-shirt that has large foam squares attached to the back of it. To keep them on their sides.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:30 PM

2,375 posts, read 5,474,564 times
I have the opposite problem. I'm not sure how my poor hubbie sleeps with my snoring like a freight train. I'm not sure I have ever awakened refreshed and ready to start my day. I usually wake up feeling crappy and tired and the bags under my eyes are permanent, I'm sure.

My mother was diagnosed with sleep apnea, so I should probably go get checked out, but I'm dealing with knee problems right now. One thing at a time.

I've tried every over the counter thing I have seen and nothing works.... not even a combination of them.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Kshe-don't know-could you record him? My son was exhausted all the time as he never got a good night's sleep due to the apnea. The day he and I came home from the hospital he said he had never slept so good or felt so rested.

The surgery is very painful-his doctor removed his uvula, tonsils (which he said were huge), shaved his tongue down and reduced the size of his palate. He had 10 pretty painful days.

Another big thing was weight loss helped him.

Best thing is to try to get him in for a physical and research a good Ear/Nose/Throat surgeon.
thats what i thought, but then i had a passing moment on how insane that might be perceived, recording him, that is, but i think thats what i am gonna do....... thanks for being such a good friend, i am really rattled about this......DH could stand to lose about 50 pounds, he has high BP, too.........

Old 05-16-2008, 08:23 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,213,765 times
Actually they have sleep studies that might help. Consult the family doc. My best friends hubby ended up having a sleep apnea. I think snoring this severe should be looked into-just in case. My co-workers wife makes him sleep in another room because he has such bad snoring...she's not as long-suffering as you are (which i commend, that is your husband for goodness sakes)

Old 05-16-2008, 08:30 PM

I'm hoping the shock factor once he sees the vid might push him to do the sleep thing, I have suggested it before. He insists he does not snore..... got the camera charged up, ready to go, and in a very un-obtrusive place...... just hope he does not feel amorous tonight, that would be just my luck.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:30 PM

57,837 posts, read 76,807,119 times
sleeping on the side helps. sleeping separate is better. seperate bedrooms is even better. most have picked the option to move out (75% divorce filed by women) i am glad you did not. it gets lonely but im ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness