Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 12:14 AM

605 posts, read 865,976 times

Advertisements

Do you ever wonder what you will look like at 70?
It amazes me how a life span lately has caught another neuron in my brain.
Time flies, things start sagging, and wrinkles start showing.
What age do you remember noticing you really have aged and/or were aging, and where?
About 36 for me, and skin damage from smoking will show up sooner or later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 05:45 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,612,339 times
For me i instinctly knew back in the 1980's in my teens and early 20's to start taking supplements and joined the health gyms and that has really helped in the aging catagory. I only wish i took diet more seriously back then but when you are tall and skinny and have muscles from weight lifting and could never gain an ounce of fat i thought i was lucky and lived at the ''All you can eat'' joints and that wasn't a good idea as i've learned over these years.

Also science is getting closer to having anti aging medicines and/or technologies as our knowledge of the interworkings in the cells and their DNA and Genes is becoming more profound all the time. Of course you could start drinking Red Wine

Sitris is one Biotech thats leading the charge in that.

Technology (broken link) Sirtris web site

Old 12-10-2007, 06:47 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
I remember wondering what I would look like when I got old...Now I know I will be 66 in two weeks..Wannabe wants to know what the first thing noticeable..The first thing I noticed was ..butt sag..I was trying on a pair of new jeans in the dressing room with 3way mirrors I couldn't believe that what I was seeing was mine!!I love my jeans and did not want to give them up..ever..So I kept the jeans and bought a longer shirt..I was 45 at the time..Each year my shirts have to get longer and nowI find myself browsing the internet stores for tunics..Yes, I still have jeans and will probably continue to wear them Now days everything has to be lifted, propped or tucked in when I get dressed I have a lot of skin damage from the sun, because I love the sun and when I was growing up we would spend hours sunbathing. I never even heard about sunblock untill my thirties..I wear makeup to cover the face damage and long sleeves to cover the brown spots on my arms..If gloves were fashionable I would probably wear them..

Old 12-10-2007, 07:52 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,197,553 times
Well,I use # 30 sunblock. Now in my 50's,I take better care of my skin. I do facials once a month. I drink a cup of coffee everyday,drink water mostly,sometimes tea. No alchohol. The sun is real strong here in California,I try not to get under the sun

Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM

Oh blue! The sun damage is what may kill me or it may be the cancer sticks.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:15 PM

ha!! thanks for the rep

Old 12-11-2007, 03:25 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,006 times
Omg, I remember my best friend and I talking about what we were going to look like when we were 30, of course we were only 15 or so...so 30 sounded sooo old. Now that I am 45, I have the sun spots on my face, chest and arms. Living in So Cali we used to live in the sun, sigh, if we only knew back then. And then with the sun exposure comes the wrinkles too. I notice that I get some aches and pains where I never had before. And I have some gray hair sprouting up. I might have some "work" done...lol. Nothing major though. I dont really want to grow old gracefully. The gray hair really freaked me out, I dont know why but it does.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
talking about what we were going to look like when we were 30, of course we were only 15 or so...so 30 sounded sooo old. And I have some gray hair sprouting up. I might have some "work" done...lol.
Did the same thing LOL 30 was oooold - and I'm dreading the big 4 0 in 3 years. My hair stylist said I have a few more grays than I had last year (thanks b) - but I'm blonde so they hide well

Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 PM

919 posts, read 3,183,972 times
i look well for my age...I look bout ten to fifthteen years younger...but its in my genes..and it will catch up with me, it has in all the women in my family...sooner or later! But for now, i am enjoying that...however now that i am old here, i worry bout how many years I have left, not many...I sometimes wish i could go back in time and have more time to live...so i am trying to make the most of what is left today...I never went into the sun, always wore sunscreen. I did smoke but gave that up 14 years ago...but i still worry bout copd cause i can bearly breathe from asthama and i cough alot..i do walk alot, but my lungs are bad...i worry bout dying early too.]

i am a blonde too wannabe

Old 12-11-2007, 08:28 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Never look down into a mirror, it will scare you to death
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness