U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 9,270 times

Advertisements

Hi gang-
I take juice plus and it has done me well.... Also I took it while pregnant and delivered a 7 pound baby at 38 weeks. He's big and growing very big and I recouped better than ever with 2nd c/sec.I was at Kmart on postpartum day #3. My skin has cleared up, my hair is very shiny and my skin looks great. When pregnant and on Juiceplus people used to tell me that my skin was glowing and oh how happy and healthy I looked but little that they knew it was just fruits/veggies. This is no miracle drug or any of that sort but when you put the right kind of fuel in your body, the body eats it up and you get all the benefits from it. It has 17 fruits/veggies in two capsules. Try eating only five fruits/veggies everyday. YOU CAN"T. People say they do but they don't. My 3 year old hated everything but macaronni. I gave him Juiceplus gummies, and he eats everything now this stuff gives him an appetite plus, not to mention what it 's doing to his brain and learning and concentration. Good Stuff. Look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 05:39 AM

7,295 posts, read 17,575,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvillea View Post
Hi gang-
I take juice plus and it has done me well.... Also I took it while pregnant and delivered a 7 pound baby at 38 weeks. He's big and growing very big and I recouped better than ever with 2nd c/sec.I was at Kmart on postpartum day #3. My skin has cleared up, my hair is very shiny and my skin looks great. When pregnant and on Juiceplus people used to tell me that my skin was glowing and oh how happy and healthy I looked but little that they knew it was just fruits/veggies. This is no miracle drug or any of that sort but when you put the right kind of fuel in your body, the body eats it up and you get all the benefits from it. It has 17 fruits/veggies in two capsules. Try eating only five fruits/veggies everyday. YOU CAN"T. People say they do but they don't. My 3 year old hated everything but macaronni. I gave him Juiceplus gummies, and he eats everything now this stuff gives him an appetite plus, not to mention what it 's doing to his brain and learning and concentration. Good Stuff. Look it up.
Thanks for posting. I looked it up and was trying to find the ingredients but was unable to.
Is this something that you have to order on the internet or do you buy it in a store? I know the health food store in town doesn't have it but I didn't know if anyone else had it or not.
If it comes in powder form, it would be nice to add to a smoothie.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:04 AM

5 posts, read 14,765 times
Default My Smoothie

Smoothies are an easy way to pack lots of fruits and vegetables in your meals or snacks and they refresh and energize your nutrition craving body.

They're a great way to sneak more fiber and antioxidants.
They don't require a lot of fussy ingredients.
They give new life to overripe fruit.
They can be easily tailored to suit individual needs.
Even kids with dairy allergies can enjoy fabulous fruit or vegetable smoothies.

My Green Smoothie:
1 banana, cut in chunks
1 cup grapes
1 (6 ounce) tub vanilla yogurt
1/2 apple, cored and chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
Place the banana, grapes, yogurt, apple and spinach into a blender. Cover, and blend until smooth, stopping frequently to push down anything stuck to the sides. Pour into glasses and serve.

ENJOY!

For more details about smoothies check out following article:
A Tasty Tool for Health and Weight Loss

Old 07-10-2008, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,704 times
Hi everyone I stumbled on this forum while looking for new ideas for smoothies. I do smoothies in teaching form to teach people they is a fun way to eat their veggies. I see the last post was in october so maybe no one is on here anymore. But will try anyway. I have been making smoothies for the summer with frozen bananas they make the green smoothies creamy and tasty. For instance I will put in the frozen banana and add spinach and any other green. Then add some forzen orange juice and blend. I get my FUSSY husband to eat these this way and now he is asking for them YEAH!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:06 AM

10,207 posts, read 22,702,583 times
I make green smoothies all the time. I experiment with new combinations, but mainly use either spinach, romaine or kale(both purple and green)for my 'greens.'
I made this one yesterday:
half a honeydew melon
6-8 ounces of fresh blueberries
8 leaves purple kale
cinnamon
2 cups vanilla soy milk

I had been using water as my main liquid ingredient, but started getting tired of them that way. So now I use either soy, rice, hemp, almond or oat milk.

I also like this one a lot:
5-6 cups watermelon
2 bananas(fresh or frozen)
6-8 leaves romaine
cinnamon
either water or mylk

Some of the ones i tried and absolutely hated were any with celery in them, and raspberries because of the teensy little seeds, tasted grainy. I keep bags of frozen fruit in the freezer, and freeze the bananas when they get too icky to eat. (always peel them first)

I also make my own raw soups..had one yesterday with lots of romaine, a big red bell pepper, carrot juice from my freshly juiced carrots for the base, and 1 ripe avocado. I used to follow recipes in the beginning, but now just throw in fresh veggies, and an avocado for creaminess. i make them salt free.

Most of my recipes make several servings, so I just refrigerate the rest until the following day. They keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:42 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,972,538 times
Interesting combos!

Like freezing my fruit ahead of time also. And also like the vanilla soy. Find it makes a nice, icy smoothy rather than get too thick using milk or fresh fruit.

My fave is frozen banana, kiwi and a couple handfuls of blackberries, yogurt, and vanilla soy milk. Yum! .. just finished one in fact ..

Old 07-12-2008, 04:25 AM

22,233 posts, read 15,824,401 times
An easy way to get JuicePlus into a smoothie is to use their JP Complete powder. It contains fruits and vegetable nutrients.

The Breakfast Power Shake:

1 cup milk (whatever type of milk you prefer) or water
1 scoop of Juice Plus Complete
½ cup frozen Blueberries (high in antioxidants)
½ Banana
½ cup any other fruits you may have available
possible additional options as:
pinch of green tea leaves
tbs brewers Yeast
1 scoop ground golden flax seeds

Blend until creamy

I do it frequently and it really tastes good.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 AM
'M'

1,821 posts, read 2,693,580 times
Default Smoothies with fresh fruit and veggies

Hi, Song...would like to suggest a book to you: Green for Life by Vicktoria Boutenko. This book opened my eyes to what nutrition really is. This author is coming out with a new book in July, I think. If you have any questions about my own experience I'd be glad to share them with you. Not selling anything, but I am looking for a healthy lifestyle. This book definitely helped me with that. I also appreciate hearing from others who have good suggestions they'd like to make. I would like to qualify this by saying that some people offer very negative comments - your glass is half empty and getting emptier all the time - and that doesn't interest me. I'm a "glass half full" type

Old 03-14-2009, 09:12 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,678,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Thanks for posting. I looked it up and was trying to find the ingredients but was unable to.
Is this something that you have to order on the internet or do you buy it in a store? I know the health food store in town doesn't have it but I didn't know if anyone else had it or not.
If it comes in powder form, it would be nice to add to a smoothie.
My chiropractor sells Juice Plus. If I'm correct, I think you have to buy it from a "distributor", kind of like you would Avon or Shaklee or Amway....that kind of thing. Check around at chiropractors' offices and I bet you find someone who sells it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness