Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 12:06 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times

Advertisements

I suspected tow things from my experience. Dehydration, which someone already mentioned. The other thing I suspect is low bold sugar. I have to eat before I go to bed or I will wake up feeling just like you do. I usually have a big serving of cereal like cheerios, rice krispies, bran flakes or just right. I have been doing this for 30 years, since I was in my 30s. Of course I will have to get up to pee since I had 10 oz. of milk in my snack. I sleep great and wake up feeling really good. If I ever go to bed without eating I will sleep horrible and wake up worse. In fact, most times somewhere in the night I will get up and eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 11:28 AM

32 posts, read 75,738 times
What is your nighttime routine? i.e. do you drink coffee before bed, what time do you go to sleep, etc.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:56 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Another thing you might want to consider is your mattress. How old is your mattress? It is possible that your mattress is not providing you with the support you need so you are not getting a good night's sleep.

Cat

Old 08-09-2014, 04:34 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Yes, mattress fatigue. Supposedly a mattress only lasts 8 years and then you chuck it.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,387 times
Question feeling awful in the morning

I have never posted on a forum so feel free to tell me what I'm doing incorrectly. I, too, have problems in the morning but they seem more extreme. For example, physical symptoms are body aches and pains (probably from fibromyalgia and RA), congestion/stuffy nose, dizziness, itchy eyes, foggy head, complete exhaustion, craving for morning caffeine (soda) and in general (although it sounds like I'm crazy), just a feeling as if I cannot go on with the day and cannot get over the misery I feel. In addition to the physical, perhaps more disturbing to me is how I feel emotionally in the morning. I feel as if someone is out to get me, almost. I feel scared. It's as if I'm being singled out to have to get dressed and go and do what everyone else in the world does (go to work). I feel like crying and sometimes do. On Saturdays, a good day is if I can get up around lunchtime but I usually don't get up, get dressed, or go out to do errands until between 4:00 and 6:00. Interestingly, once I get to work (teacher in a middle school), my sense of humor kicks in and I feel ridiculous for my miserable morning ritual. I suffer from physical ailments, depression, and several emotional issues although no one would ever guess this. I write all this because I need help and am hoping that someone may feel like I do. This has been going on for years. Sleeping at night isn't such a major issue because I'm always exhausted, but I have strange or bad dreams mostly. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I am 47, happily married with two children (boys, age 9 and 11). Our 11 year old has autism and cannot be or ever will be independent but he is an angel--a true blessing who has changed all our lives.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:49 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Sounds like low morning cortisol. I've had this low cortisol issue probably 10 yrs or more. I sleep pretty good with a sleep remedy I've put together but wake up exhausted. I don't eat before bed and don't think I'll start that. Some times I'll drink my MSM/low sodium V8 juice close to bed. I deal with advanced OA and hip replacement mess and aging. Pain can do a number on us. J

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-14-2016 at 12:00 AM..

Old 02-14-2016, 08:54 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennibug View Post
I have never posted on a forum so feel free to tell me what I'm doing incorrectly. I, too, have problems in the morning but they seem more extreme. For example, physical symptoms are body aches and pains (probably from fibromyalgia and RA), congestion/stuffy nose, dizziness, itchy eyes, foggy head, complete exhaustion, craving for morning caffeine (soda) and in general (although it sounds like I'm crazy), just a feeling as if I cannot go on with the day and cannot get over the misery I feel. In addition to the physical, perhaps more disturbing to me is how I feel emotionally in the morning. I feel as if someone is out to get me, almost. I feel scared. It's as if I'm being singled out to have to get dressed and go and do what everyone else in the world does (go to work). I feel like crying and sometimes do. On Saturdays, a good day is if I can get up around lunchtime but I usually don't get up, get dressed, or go out to do errands until between 4:00 and 6:00. Interestingly, once I get to work (teacher in a middle school), my sense of humor kicks in and I feel ridiculous for my miserable morning ritual. I suffer from physical ailments, depression, and several emotional issues although no one would ever guess this. I write all this because I need help and am hoping that someone may feel like I do. This has been going on for years. Sleeping at night isn't such a major issue because I'm always exhausted, but I have strange or bad dreams mostly. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I am 47, happily married with two children (boys, age 9 and 11). Our 11 year old has autism and cannot be or ever will be independent but he is an angel--a true blessing who has changed all our lives.
First, paragraphs and spacing are good for your readers.

Your description sounds like generalized anxiety. You could try drinking more water and getting a high absorption magnesium supplement. That has helped me tremendously.

It sounds like you have a stressful life. Middle school teaching and a child with autism can't be easy. Some cognitive behavioral therapy and/or meditation might be in order. Exercise also helps.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:16 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
I would get a fingertip pulse-oximeter....use it first thing when you wake-up. Normal 02 levels are 98 to 100% saturation. If you have some sort of sleep disorder (apnea), or anything else that effects your bodily oxygen levels while sleeping, or any other time, you will see it on the oximeter.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:52 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,905,229 times
I used to feel awful in the morning but after several medical tests it was determined the amount of alcohol I drank the night before was the culprit.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:45 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennibug View Post
...I, too, have problems in the morning but they seem more extreme. For example, physical symptoms are body aches and pains (probably from fibromyalgia and RA), congestion/stuffy nose, dizziness, itchy eyes, foggy head, complete exhaustion, craving for morning caffeine (soda) and in general (although it sounds like I'm crazy), just a feeling as if I cannot go on with the day and cannot get over the misery I feel. In addition to the physical, perhaps more disturbing to me is how I feel emotionally in the morning. I feel as if someone is out to get me, almost...

I suspect you might be experiencing caffeine withdrawal in the mornings. For @ 35 years I was addicted to Coca-Cola. I even had a can of coke on my nightstand so I didnt have to get out of bed without it -- if I tried to wait until I could get a cold coke in the morning, I felt just as you've described and my trek to the fridge was miserable.

One day I just got sick of being addicted to Coke and gave it up cold turkey. I started drinking sparkling water -- mainly for the fizz -- and then gradually went on to iced water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness