Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:55 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
^ Ty. This makes me feel a bit better.

Gyp- have you tried the CLEAR method?
No, I am not familiar with that. Can you explain what it is? Have you tried it yourself?

At this point, I think mine is considered mostly mild. It would be worse if I weren't doing all that I do to keep it from progressing. I have one shoulder higher, one leg shorter, compression, bone spurs, arthritis and some other things going on. I manage pretty well, these days, though, due to my regular exercise and treatments. I do get pain, sciatica and numbness going on from time to time due to impingement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 01:05 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
I haven't tried it but it was in the link you sent (how it directed me from my mobile device.) It seems to be a noninvasive chiropractic method based on opposing forces, stretching and realigning the spine.

I have to get back into the exercises at least. Strengthening my core does help but I don't work on it enough. My ligaments are already too lax so stretching isn't much help and can be deceiving to most docs since I have a very full range of motion.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I haven't tried it but it was in the link you sent (how it directed me from my mobile device.) It seems to be a noninvasive chiropractic method based on opposing forces, stretching and realigning the spine.

I have to get back into the exercises at least. Strengthening my core does help but I don't work on it enough. My ligaments are already too lax so stretching isn't much help and can be deceiving to most docs since I have a very full range of motion.
The strength training + yoga is helping me A LOT. My acupuncture doctor had suggested yoga to me a long time ago, and I finally started it. He also told me to really "work on my core" which was very weak, and I have been doing that. It is getting slowly stronger. I take a "restorative" yoga class once per week, and then do a lot on my own at home. Strengthening muscles helps keep everything in place. And the bodywork he gives me helps break up knots and arthritis. I am sooooo much better than I was a couple years ago.

There are special yoga poses and exercises specific to help scoliosis - you can google it for specific exercises to do.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:48 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Thanks! I used to be big into yoga but it never helped my scoliosis. A lot of stretching and not enough strengthening.

I think pilates will be part of my 2015 resolutions.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Thanks! I used to be big into yoga but it never helped my scoliosis. A lot of stretching and not enough strengthening.

I think pilates will be part of my 2015 resolutions.
Yes, pilates is EXCELLENT for the core! I don't take that, but I do take bellydancing, which is also excellent for the core, as well as a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness