U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 03:03 PM

605 posts, read 691,518 times

Advertisements

Anyone striving for better health (physical, emotional, spiritual) in 2008?

Mine are:

~ exercise
~ quit smoking cigarettes
~ drink more water
~ get back to church
~ finish my Bachelors
~ get married
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,086,572 times
Get Married?

I can agree with the rest of them! Mine are:

*quit smoking
*drink more water
*less "quick" meals, more healthy meals
*exercise
*family game night once a week

Old 12-21-2007, 10:05 PM

2,111 posts, read 6,434,445 times
Mine would be;

~Find myself again
~Spend more time being happy
~Move to Keene
~Dump old baggage
~of course, the old stand by, loose some weight..lol

Old 12-22-2007, 07:50 AM

5,006 posts, read 14,118,466 times
Mine are, hurry up and eat all of the sweets that people have given to me and then go on a diet.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:09 AM

2,493 posts, read 3,440,713 times
I don't have any resolutions, because I've been doing the things I should be doing all through the year.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:53 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,469,670 times
I just need to floss more,apparently!

Old 12-22-2007, 10:52 AM

28,673 posts, read 41,231,069 times
Now that I have the wiseacre answer out my system I suppose I should actually answer the question

This winter:

Clean the basement and put up cabinets. Well, actually throw out the basement is a better description. Neither one of us will admit to having carried all that stuff down there. It apparently appeared magically...

Purchase a new vehicle. I think. I keep looking. I keep coming back to the same one. I keep freaking out over the price. I keep freaking out at the idea of dealing with a salesperson. I may have an out though, thanks to a fellow CDer. Oh, Murano BTW.

Rabbit removal. Get out the trap and lettuce. Haul them out to the country, repeat until no rabbits. When we moved out here we were the country.

Clean, clean, clean. Carpets are due. What a joy.

Spring/Summer:

Finish the walkways I worked on last year. Not too much left, but I can't start the next project until this one is complete.

Lawn edging

Retaining wall back corner. Lost a White Pine a few years ago. Replacing with a 3 foot tall berm behind a retaining wall and planting upright evergreens to form a screen. This corner holds the electrical boxes. Adding two concrete block compost bins to the back of the berm. Roses and other sun lovers that are slowly being found in shade as trees grow will end up here. Sun 1/2 day or more.

More cleaning. I have, over the years, collected quite a bit of old computer equipment. Time to recycle.

Fence repair. Lost two posts this fall. Lord how I love pulling out old concrete plugs and putting in new posts! One is right next to the house. Ouch! Also have an 8 foot section that needs new rails put on. Not so bad, just time consuming.

Replace trim on house. Have some areas that need work. Replace or strip/repaint as needed.

New roof. Not me! I just have to call and pay for this one.

Fall:

Hospital visit because of all of the above.

I have the feeling this list will have remnants in 2009. And I'm sure I forgot a few things that I will be reminded of...

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 12-22-2007 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Can't type!

Old 12-22-2007, 03:32 PM

17,835 posts, read 30,399,951 times
lol tek
your list made me exhausted
just sent you a DM re the car thing

still working on my list for 2008
reducing the size of the purse I carry is one

Old 12-22-2007, 10:21 PM

Luv it! These are good! The Toyota Highlander are great cars, imo. Tek - your post made me tired too lol
Suzet - I have some baggage too, my sibling's BS, he can be so mean - he is selfish, and is definately a "taker" - not what I ever want to be! He's the type of person who, when you bring home good news, he tells you your not in is will (like he did to me just now) hurting people hurt people -(ya I know I say it a lot on cd) Getting rid of Codependency is another one of my resolutions - to get rid of it once and for all. Greenmachine - good for you!- hopefully, I will be saying that next year.
My teeth have gotten bad from the coffee and cigs, time for a cleaning. Oh yeah and let's see, when I take this nice sized travel shampoo/reconstructor/conditioner kit to my hair stylist, my purse, all of the sudden, becomes too small.

Last edited by WannaBNorCal; 12-22-2007 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: added

Old 12-22-2007, 10:28 PM

Yeah! on second thought--get married???
WHY RUIN IT lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness