U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 06:11 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,859,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattin View Post
Hey, my wife is a runner; she has run two Marathons and has suffered from Knee Joint pain for years. She used footpad and she felt a phenomenal difference within the first two weeks, and has now gotten her mother on it to, and she says that her arthritis feels almost gone. Footpad also known as Detox Pad and it helps to relieve fatigue, joint pain, headaches, skin rashes and many other health problems. Therefore, I would highly recommend you for footpad. Hope this will work out for you. Good Luck!
What is this Detox pad, how is it used, and where can it be purchased? pls send me pm if you prefer. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 11:32 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,136,405 times
Default join pain!

doesnt sound like a club i want to join.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:29 PM

76 posts, read 242,763 times
Default joint pain

first.. i have to agree with Miborn.. herbs can be dangerous. in fact, i would say take them while working with some one that knows how to use them.
i have seen many people hurt themselves because they took the wrong ones.
keep in mind that herbs such as ma huang, and xi xin have been used for hudreds of years.. with out problems.. but when people just start taking them with out knowing what they are taking... because they did their own research... problems have occurred and of course the FDA now banned them to save us all from ourselves!
as far as the original question... both muay thai and ju jitsu are hard on the joints. you may wan to talk to your instructor about using a dit da jow.. this is the purpose of these jows...
we use a great herbal salve in our clinic...
there are some good ones you can get over the counter such as zeng gu shui but should not be used if your joints are hot and swollen, or if there is a tear... consult a medical doc if the problem persists... but.. a good soak or jow can increase circulation of qi and blood and reduce pain.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:35 PM

12,630 posts, read 18,580,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The studies are always biased. If the studies came from doctors that benefit from doing surgeries, of course they will say that herbs are dangerous. Because when people get well from taking herbs, it cuts into their profits.
What everyone should really do is quit taking poisonous medications and get well with herbs, natural foods and exercise.
I agree with this to a point. I believe herbs and things are GREAT!
but I also think that there is a place for modern medicine and sometimes you have to take the medication.
But I do believe that modern Dr's need to be taught the importance of herbs and natural therapies! Good post Pinkstring!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 PM

12,630 posts, read 18,580,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrick View Post
first.. i have to agree with Miborn.. herbs can be dangerous. in fact, i would say take them while working with some one that knows how to use them.
i have seen many people hurt themselves because they took the wrong ones.
keep in mind that herbs such as ma huang, and xi xin have been used for hudreds of years.. with out problems.. but when people just start taking them with out knowing what they are taking... because they did their own research... problems have occurred and of course the FDA now banned them to save us all from ourselves!
as far as the original question... both muay thai and ju jitsu are hard on the joints. you may wan to talk to your instructor about using a dit da jow.. this is the purpose of these jows...
we use a great herbal salve in our clinic...
there are some good ones you can get over the counter such as zeng gu shui but should not be used if your joints are hot and swollen, or if there is a tear... consult a medical doc if the problem persists... but.. a good soak or jow can increase circulation of qi and blood and reduce pain.
WOW! GREAT post!!!!!
Keep at it you are great!
Actually what I would like to see is the FDA making the makers of these to be responsible about their labeling. If something should not be taken by someone it should say on the label. Or if it interacts with certain meds than say that on the label!

Last edited by Miborn; 01-08-2008 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: add

Old 01-16-2008, 06:31 AM

76 posts, read 242,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
WOW! GREAT post!!!!!
Keep at it you are great!
Actually what I would like to see is the FDA making the makers of these to be responsible about their labeling. If something should not be taken by someone it should say on the label. Or if it interacts with certain meds than say that on the label!
thanks.... but its forums like this where people learn. to be fair.. medicine of all forms is as much of an art as it is a science... that is why you have so many choices and approaches, even in western medicine.. choose a physician or healthcare practitioner that fits your personal philosophy.
you should have several... of different modalities, that work with you.... and not just against each other... make them part of YOUR team... rather than you joining theirs...

Old 01-16-2008, 12:43 PM

54 posts, read 315,187 times
need jointace gel one time in aday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness