U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 06:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,529 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if this phenomenon I started experiencing this regularly a month ago rings a bell for you. Happened twice today. It comes on as a wisp of a dream, as though I am just recalling it casually. Then there is a warm sensation that travels up my neck, and I am transported into a full-blown alternate reality, remembering more fully a dream from the night before (which I hadn't remembered at all before; could it even be my dream, or am I just making it up as I go?). After about four seconds of that, I feel positively disoriented, disgusted, powerless, and forget almost everything grounded in the reality of my life. And then I completely forget the details of the dream. Something is very wrong, and the most frustrating part is that going to a doctor was of zero help.
I feel fine 10 minutes later, but these "episodes" come whenever they please and are frightening to say the least.

Here is a link describing the same phenomenon experienced by another person: Strange Deja Vu, followed by nausea, dizziness and confusion - Nerve conditions - Condition | Our Health

Also, one time when it was very intense I experienced a fleeting phantom smell.

I could get an MRI but the wait is six months.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 07:06 AM

18,434 posts, read 31,858,947 times
The wait for an MRI is never 6 months and I think this is a questionable post.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misspuff View Post
Just wondering if this phenomenon I started experiencing this regularly a month ago rings a bell for you. Happened twice today. It comes on as a wisp of a dream, as though I am just recalling it casually. Then there is a warm sensation that travels up my neck, and I am transported into a full-blown alternate reality, remembering more fully a dream from the night before (which I hadn't remembered at all before; could it even be my dream, or am I just making it up as I go?). After about four seconds of that, I feel positively disoriented, disgusted, powerless, and forget almost everything grounded in the reality of my life. And then I completely forget the details of the dream. Something is very wrong, and the most frustrating part is that going to a doctor was of zero help.
I feel fine 10 minutes later, but these "episodes" come whenever they please and are frightening to say the least.

Here is a link describing the same phenomenon experienced by another person: [url=http://www.ourhealth.com/conditions/nerve-conditions/strange-deja-vu-followed-by-nausea-dizziness-and-confusion]Strange Deja Vu, followed by nausea, dizziness and confusion - Nerve conditions - Condition | Our Health[/url]

Also, one time when it was very intense I experienced a fleeting phantom smell.

I could get an MRI but the wait is six months.
I have this same thing, exactly. Never heard anyone explain it so close to what I experience. I have had it happen off and on for several years. It has lessened in its impact on me. I deal with it and go on. I would be interested in knowing if it is organic or mental, tho. May be stress related. It first happened during a very stressful time in my life. I would be curious to know if you are a person with a very high IQ. Anyway, if you want to discuss more, reply and I'll get back to you,

Old 03-02-2016, 05:19 PM

10,308 posts, read 19,137,922 times
I had this exact same thing also, years ago. It started in 1983 when I was 23 and lasted on and off a few weeks. Went away and two or three years later came back, but this time I passed out with it. Went to a neurologist and they found nothing but dx'ed me with temporal lobe seizures and put me on meds--apparently this is describing an "aura," but doc said an aura counts as a fullblown seizure. They came and went several times after that, despite the meds, and always in the early fall--like September.

At 31 I got pregnant with my first baby and cleaned up my diet and stopped taking the meds (against medical advice) but never had another seizure. Years later I was reading something on the internet and it was talking about aspartame causing seizures and I matched up the dates and sure enough, the onset corresponded with them starting to put aspartame in the sodas and the end of this mess came when I stopped drinking diet sodas during my pregnancy, and I had never gone back to drinking soda at all. When this started, I was not stressed out at all, and I've been way more stressed since then but no problems. I wouldn't have minded them if they'd just stayed auras, but the passing out part was scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness