Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 08:49 PM

1,315 posts, read 3,228,466 times

Advertisements

I don't know if the soda and meat are related to this experience, but I didn't have breakfast when I woke up this morning, but six hours later, I had a large meatball sandwich and an extra large regular cola. About an hour after I ate, I had an explosive diarrhea like bowel movement, then 10 minutes later, I had to do another one, then 10 minutes later another one after that. What could have caused this and what can I do to prevent this from happening again? It has never happened to me before. I have eaten at all you can eat buffets and had either had lots of soda or water and never had this experience. Usually with an all you can eat buffet once a year, if I overeat, my stomach feels bad and I have to lay down, but never need three bowel movements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 05:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happs View Post
I don't know if the soda and meat are related to this experience, but I didn't have breakfast when I woke up this morning, but six hours later, I had a large meatball sandwich and an extra large regular cola. About an hour after I ate, I had an explosive diarrhea like bowel movement, then 10 minutes later, I had to do another one, then 10 minutes later another one after that. What could have caused this and what can I do to prevent this from happening again? It has never happened to me before. I have eaten at all you can eat buffets and had either had lots of soda or water and never had this experience. Usually with an all you can eat buffet once a year, if I overeat, my stomach feels bad and I have to lay down, but never need three bowel movements.
sounds like there might have been something wrong with the sandwich.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:25 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,287,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happs View Post
...What could have caused this and what can I do to prevent this from happening again?...
Actually that is GOOD! And you want that to happen again (if needed)!

Our bodies will "automatically" get rid of food or drink which has something wrong with it. Either we barf it up or we quickly get rid of it with diarrhea.

Was the meatball sandwich hot? If from a restaurant, food like that needs to be kept hot enough so bacteria will not grow on it. Food handling rules like what temperatures food should be kept at are county health department rules.

Read ["Can I get sick if I eat foods that have not been kept at the right temperature? "] at the following web page about half way down...

Food Safety Program

If that food was from a restaurant, I would notify your local county health department.

Also keep an eye on your temperature, blood pressure, and how you are feeling. If you don't feel well, go to a hospital emergency room or urgent care. Read the following...

Food poisoning Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

Old 08-16-2014, 07:47 PM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
I think this thread wins the prize for most unappealing to read. Yet we clicked on it.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
It would be more unappealing if someone said that did not have a bm for several days...I
am happy to hear all this came out, whew.
Good.
No pain, cramping , so nausea, no up chucking,...I dont get it.

I have had plenty of food poisonings...it has come up on me mostly...once with meat
severe intestinal pain the next day.

I always notify the
Health Dept...they call back in 2 weeks to tell
me what was found and that it has been corrected.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:48 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think this thread wins the prize for most unappealing to read. Yet we clicked on it.

I definitely liked the feet one much better.

Original Poster: Keep in mind that the end result you had could be from the food you had today or it could be from the food you had yesterday.
Our bodies do an amazing job of expelling things that are not good however, food poisoning is not always the result of what you had to eat immediately prior to your expelling episode.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I definitely liked the feet one much better.

Original Poster: Keep in mind that the end result you had could be from the food you had today or it could be from the food you had yesterday.
Our bodies do an amazing job of expelling things that are not good however, food poisoning is not always the result of what you had to eat immediately prior to your expelling episode.
That's right.

Could n't give u another rep.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:55 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,060,189 times
Could have been E coli in the meatball.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:07 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
My guess is gallbladder overreacted and dumped too much bile into your system.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:35 AM

8 posts, read 9,731 times
You're probably fine. What PP said about the food probably not being too fresh is the most likely culprit. Unless it happens again I wouldn't worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness