Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:18 PM

345 posts, read 1,641,296 times

Advertisements

[quote=bluedevilz;14065172]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post
how do you know that it's not O2 replacement by CO ? huh
THAT is the reason for flap necrosis. Not enough O2.

Stop relying on textbooks written in the forties by old men who never read the current journals. QUOTE]

Funny stuff dude....

I just referenced a recent study (you know, the "hamster" study you misinterpreted) which definitively illustrates the vasoconstrictive effects of nicotine on skin flaps....

From said study:

[b]"In summary, we demonstrated for the first time that acute nicotine treatment amplified the skin vasoconstrictor effect of NE and impaired the endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation in isolated perfused human skin flaps preconstricted with NE."

Effect of nicotine on vasoconstrictor and vasodilator responses in human skin vasculature -- Black et al. 281 (4): 1097 -- AJP - Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology

You study is inconclusive and doesn't take into account many factors which are necessary to make this a valid link to prove you opinion.

Last edited by tao; 05-06-2010 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: edited out personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 06:58 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,220,811 times
[quote=Rhino127;14065803]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

You study is inconclusive and doesn't take into account many factors which are necessary to make this a valid link to prove you opinion.
What "factors" would those be???

This is a seminal study on the subject and has been referenced and replicated many times over...

"My" opinion on the effects of nicotine happens to be the prevailing "opinion" of clinicians, surgeons and scientists who routinely study this topic experimentally and/or apply the principles clinically....

"Your" opinion is yours and yours alone....

Old 05-06-2010, 07:07 PM

[quote=bluedevilz;14068622]
Quote:

What "factors" would those be???

This is a seminal study on the subject and has been referenced and replicated many times over...

"My" opinion on the effects of nicotine happens to be the prevailing "opinion" of clinicians, surgeons and scientists who routinely study this topic experimentally and/or apply the principles clinically....
THAT'S THE PROBLEM !

You THINK you already know everything and keep referencing and replicating the same tired old theories instead of thinking once in a while. STOP COASTING THROUGH YOUR CAREER AND WORK !

Increase platelets, reduce carbon monoxide and your skin flaps will be viable.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:01 PM

[quote=Rhino127;14068731]
Quote:

THAT'S THE PROBLEM !

You THINK you already know everything and keep referencing and replicating the same tired old theories instead of thinking once in a while. STOP COASTING THROUGH YOUR CAREER AND WORK !

Increase platelets, reduce carbon monoxide and your skin flaps will be viable.

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about.....it is very clear.....

That paper is from 2001.....the data is sound. No need to "make up" other reasons out of thin air...

And....platelets??? What in god's name do you think increasing the number of platelets will do.....other than increase the risk of thrombosis and further increase the chance of necrosis...

Old 05-11-2010, 03:30 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,665,902 times
LOL. I get this feeling Rhino127 must be an avid smoker.

You can always tell the smokers, as their judgement is scewed...

Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
LOL. I get this feeling Rhino127 must be an avid smoker.

You can always tell the smokers, as their judgement is scewed...

NoTzz... I'm not an avid smoker. I just understand the chemicals in cigarettes.

You are wrong.

Be careful about your judgments and assumptions.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
NoTzz... I'm not an avid smoker. I just understand the chemicals in cigarettes.

You are wrong.

Be careful about your judgments and assumptions.
Based on your posts about nicotine.....no you don't understand the chemicals in cigarettes.

Not a judgement or assumption....evidence based.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Based on your posts about nicotine.....no you don't understand the chemicals in cigarettes.

Not a judgement or assumption....evidence based.

Hey Blueballs... Your opinion of me and my knowledge means nothing to me.

Just keep speaking through your hat.

You are VERY unpopular on this forum I have found.

Maybe you should learn some manners

Old 05-11-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Hey Blueballs... Your opinion of me and my knowledge means nothing to me.

Just keep speaking through your hat.

You are VERY unpopular on this forum I have found.

Maybe you should learn some manners
Opinion?

Again....I have only spoken the truth based on erroneous posts you have made...facts anyone can see by looking at your posts...

As for manners.....only one of us has stooped to name calling ( on several occasions by the way)

Looks like you are the one that needs to learn some manners.....

Old 05-12-2010, 12:52 AM

30,891 posts, read 36,934,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
You know, even as a smoker, I do like smokeless bars for the exact reason you stated. The first time I went to one (in Canada) I was a little ticked off. Then I realized that I did smoke less because it was so freaking cold outside I only went when I really wanted one. Well, the next morning I woke up feeling much much better even considering the massive amounts of alcohol I consumed the night before... I think you're right Blue!
When are other places going to ban smoking in bars? California did it more than a decade ago. The world didn't end, although CA has the 2nd lowest smoking rate (after Mormon dominated UT). hmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness