U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which drug is the most Devastating ot our society?
heroin 16 21.05%
cocaine 10 13.16%
oxycontin 4 5.26%
alcohol 24 31.58%
Marijuana 0 0%
nicotine 6 7.89%
other 16 21.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:01 PM

139 posts, read 353,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s

Dude! lighten up! it was a joke...................get it?

a reference to having the "munchies" and not really caring about anything in general.

I thought it was funny! ...if that counts for anything... lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 03:36 PM

436 posts, read 654,498 times
[quote=dennis s;2404998]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
Marijuana has a useful purpose in the medical field. The only reason it is not legal is because the government has not found a way to tax it. I don't know how often the scenario you described actually exists, but I think it is few and far between. Most people using marijuana do so in places other than behind the wheel.

Dude! lighten up! it was a joke...................get it?

a reference to having the "munchies" and not really caring about anything in general.
Okay-

but I would not be surprised at people who actually do feel that way

Old 01-03-2008, 04:43 PM

3,935 posts, read 5,708,905 times
I picked other for the devil drug, METH!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:31 PM

22 posts, read 79,917 times
i picked other. meth has taken my life into a downward spiral the last 10 years. Haven't done it in 5 months but after doing it almost daily i still want to and have thoughts. its hard to keep strong but in the end i have alot going for me ans things appear to be getting back on track. so one of my plans this year is to start liking weed... haha

Old 01-30-2008, 03:14 PM

16,482 posts, read 21,715,310 times
I think what a lot of this boils down to is what is readily available, legal and socially acceptable, which would be alcohol and cigarettes. If you see someone with an alcoholic drink or smoking a cigarette you think little of it. If you say someone shooting heroin or using a crack pipe that would be different and you may call the police or report them.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:02 PM

607 posts, read 3,350,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I think what a lot of this boils down to is what is readily available, legal and socially acceptable, which would be alcohol and cigarettes. If you see someone with an alcoholic drink or smoking a cigarette you think little of it. If you say someone shooting heroin or using a crack pipe that would be different and you may call the police or report them.
Are you implying that crack and heroin carry the same health related consequence as cigarettes and alcohol?................ wow!

Old 01-31-2008, 07:20 PM

16,482 posts, read 21,715,310 times
No herion and crack are very serious drugs with big health implications, but alcohol and nicotene addiction are more widespread than any other drugs. Being as they are very acceptable socially they have more potential for larger overall damage to people. ANY illegal or otherwise drug is bad for your health if abused.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:11 AM

1,584 posts, read 4,168,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBatz View Post
I believe that crack cocaine and meth are the worst which is why I voted "other".
I agree with this and voted accordingly!

Cigs, might have a hugh cost to society, but it is one which is generally paid for through taxation on those products by the users.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:38 PM

1,354 posts, read 5,854,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBatz View Post
I believe that crack cocaine and meth are the worst which is why I voted "other".
I agree. There are many addicts in my family and my husbands family. Heroin has been horrible, its destroyed a few family members. But meth and coke seem to be todays downfall. I have had numerous relatives and other people I have known growing up that got addicted to both coke and meth. Their lives have been nothing but a waste. Committing crimes for the next fix, their bodies falling apart, not to mention what it does to family members and friends watching them kill themselves. Meth is cheap and readily available.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:35 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,971,568 times
Meth.

I feel sorry for the young people today with that drug at bay.

Also the oxycontin and crack.

All terrible stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness