U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:56 PM

673 posts, read 2,952,382 times

Advertisements

Interesting. I bought a cheap pair at Walmart and thought they would be comfortable to wear on the plane when we flew to Hawaii. WRONG. I couldnt wait to get those things off my feet. They made my feet sweat and I felt they were just uncomfortable. My husband decided to give them a try and we bought a real pair in Hawaii and he couldnt stand them either. Although my sister in law swears by them and that's the only thing she wears now and she has a whole wardrobe of them. I do think they have some serious fashion issues myself! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 PM

2,464 posts, read 5,933,690 times
When I take my kids to the beach or park I wear ballet crocs... all my other shoes would get ruined in the sand. They are seriously ugly IMO but they'll do if I'm playing in the dirt...

Old 12-28-2007, 11:49 PM

10,739 posts, read 32,426,249 times
I have a pair I wear for the beach but thats all I wear them. I know some people wear them all the time.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:55 PM

8,685 posts, read 17,347,713 times
I love my crocs never had a problem - however the imitation crocs are not comfortable - the plastic is too hard and rigid. So far I'm not too concerned - everything else has something in it that isn't good for me either. I'm actually concerned about the fact that everyone's stoneware and coffee cups are made in China. They've done a ton of research with all the kids products and lead paint - I'm sure that everyone's daily cup of java is lead infused in those mugs as well.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:31 AM

10,739 posts, read 32,426,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
The thought of wearing all plastic shoes (made from petroleum based materials) that completely cover the foot does not appeal to me, so I am nowhere close to being a buyer for Crocs. They have sold millions of them all over the globe. I prefer shoes that are more like sandals that allow the feet to breathe better, and I often wear wool socks with them. It's startling that the molecules from Crocs would cause such an allergic reaction in such a short time. Of course, the "plastic smell" from a new car is something that bothers me, I suppose it's a similar type of an allergic reaction. I can't stand being in a new car without having a lot of fresh air blowing in my face.
If your concerned about petroleum products check out the coloring in your food as well. I am allergic to yellow #5 which is a biproduct of the petroleum industry. All of the colorings they use to turn our foods bright pretty colors are. I try my best to avoid them but they are literally in everything.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:12 AM

5,006 posts, read 14,129,423 times
No I am afraid to look to see where my new dishes came from. And yet, China used to be what all the rich people owned.I looked, China. Why not, everything else is, even my new computer that has to be sent back due to hardware problems.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:51 PM

607 posts, read 3,351,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If your concerned about petroleum products check out the coloring in your food as well. I am allergic to yellow #5 which is a biproduct of the petroleum industry. All of the colorings they use to turn our foods bright pretty colors are. I try my best to avoid them but they are literally in everything.
yellow#5 is literally thinned out tar. Pour paint thinner on a black road and wipe it with a paper towel, It'll come up yellow. I'm pretty sure this is the worst chemical of all of the thousands that are in cigarettes.

Any petroleum product is not good to ingest. It is also unhealthy to rub it on your skin. Anyone who is spreading mineral oil on their skin in the form of "baby oil" or lotion is shortening their life.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:09 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,601,212 times
The problem with these things are just how ugly they are.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:50 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,366,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
The problem with these things are just how ugly they are.
Nah... They look good when your out in the garden or on the deck of a boat.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:52 PM

607 posts, read 3,351,212 times
I love the way they look and they are very comfortable too but I also like being a fella. (and all that that entails)

P.S. This is not an "allergy" like being allergic to peanuts or grass. This chemical is not one that only effects only "some" people. This is a very dangerous chemical that causes hormonal problems for all that come in contact with it, male AND female. Most doctors don't even know about this because there is no money in it and the A.M.A. won't let them test for it.

phthalates ................ check the research!

Last edited by dennis s; 01-06-2008 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or