U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,348 times

Advertisements

same thing happened 2 me. I was 1 week late with period and took a pt that was a faint positive. That night I went 2 bed and had bad cramping. I took 2 more pt's in morning and both were negative and started 2 bleed that day. It's called a chemical pregnancy. (google it) I miscarried but it was like a period that lasted a few days longer than my regular cycle with some clotting. most people do'nt even know they are pregnant with a chemical pregnancy and just think their cycle is off track. I know how u feel hun, I was just in the same circumstance as you. I was told to wait at least 1 cycle to try again only cause it happened very early on. no need 2 wait 3 months unless you are further along and have a D and c good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 AM

298 posts, read 928,805 times
I'm sorry this happened to you. There is no need to wait the 3 months, especially if you want to try again straight away. I would wait until you have one true period though just to make it easier with dating.

As an aside to the other poster HCG (the hormone picked up on HPTs) is produced in "detectable" amounts only when pregnant unless you have a couple of specific types of tumours. Most HPTs detect at 10ug/ml or 25ug/ml. These levels are not produced in people who aren't pregnant or have those tumours.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:19 PM

3 posts, read 3,112 times
I am going through the very same thing right now. My husband and I were also trying so we found out way too early (5 days before period due to start) but 3 weeks in I started bleeding to. I was told by my doctor I had to wait 3 months also. So I have a friend that also just went through the same thing and their doctor said they could wait 2 months they did and are now expecting a healthy baby boy. So I am only going to wait 2 months I figure thats meeting in the middle right. Good luck and happy baby making. You are not alone.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:52 PM

6,778 posts, read 12,154,346 times
I think you should listen to your doctor. He/she knows more about your body than strangers on an online forum.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,620,164 times
I am so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage in 2006. I even had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days that showed a baby with a heartbeat. Two days later the baby died. I totally understand how you are feeling right now.
My OB, who I trust fully told me to wait 3 months and that is what I did. I think you should wait the 3 months just because if you don't and you miscarry agian you may blame yourself for not waiting. I suggest trying not to stress, taking your prenatals and just take the time to heal emotionally.

Take care

Old 06-06-2010, 07:47 PM

3,627 posts, read 13,152,458 times
I am sorry for your loss. Even though it was early I know it is an emotional pain as well and very common with your first. I miscarried my frist very early but the doctor did not give any such warnings.........but 3 months really is not all that long and it may let the emotions also heal. Just prepare your body as much as you can And also, it is very common to miscarry the first time.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:16 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,879,286 times
Wait the 3 months.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:47 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,105,639 times
My wife had a miscarriage and was pregnant again after her next period. The second pregnancy went fine with no complications.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,387 times
Hi, sbd78, I went through exactly the same thing as yours...it was a replica of your situation and my concerns are the same. My question is, was it really a miscarraige? Like one of the posts said that hormonal levels do go up and down, doesn't mean you're pregnant. I also took Firstresponse test 5 days before my due period and got it as positive. then got blood test and the value was 180 (whatever the unit is for HCG). then right after a week, when me and My husband had planned everything, for moving the house and all, i bled, and it was EXACTLY like period. Like I don't want to sound graphic or too informative but my period starts with very slight bleeding the first day, heavy the second day, 3rd day its normal and ceases and then i get a bit on my 4rth day. and thats it...i don't get many cramps...so that's exactly what happend. but my doctor calls it a miscarraige. I don't get it. like if it was a miscarraige then shouldn't there be an extra bleeding or extra pain or cramps??? i was 5 weeks pregnant according to the test though. I am really confused. its such a dilemma. Like if i believe that it was a miscarraige then I please myself by saying ok , at lease me and my husband are fertile, but if i think it was't a miscarraige then I get a bit scared thinking ok, why didn't i get pregnant, even though this was our first try after two years of marraige .... Can anyone please remove this confusion of mine...and if this was a miscarraige, keeping in mind i didn't have to go through any surgical intervention and i had no cramps or stuff....i had bleeding for 4 days only, when should we start trying again???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness