Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 04:46 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,038,253 times

Advertisements

Other treatments include laser and complete nail removal.

Condition will recur if there is any athlete's foot elsewhere on the feet, so one must be vigilant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 04:56 PM

5,865 posts, read 11,921,592 times
I second the tea tree oil. My husband got a nasty fungus on his fingernail and the tree tea oil cleared it up.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:56 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
Not always, nightlysparrow. Athlete's Foot is ringworm. Toenail fungus is not. Someone with one fungus, might be more likely to have other fungal growth, but it isn't a sure thing. There are many people who suffer from Athelete's Foot who never develop toenail fungus infections. There are many people with nail fungus infections who never develop athelete's foot. There are people with ringworm, who develop a toenail fungus, are able to treat the ringworm but don't address the nail fungus, and it ends up sticking around awhile. There are people who have a toenail fungus, who develop ringworm, treat the nail fungus, and the ringworm sticks around awhile until that is treated.

The two sometimes occur together - but not always, and even if someone has had both, it doesn't mean they're doomed to have both each time there's an infection.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:06 PM

24 posts, read 78,033 times
no, the stupid tea tree oil doesn't work, I tried it, waste of money, I HATE looking at my toe nails, it's so disgusting, I'm going to give the doctor a negative review, the idiot only prescribes this and thats it, lasers? I'm not rich. I would get it if the insurance covered it but it doesnt

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-06-2014 at 09:07 PM..

Old 10-06-2014, 07:55 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
Moderator cut: language

I don't know why you're so mad at your doctor - he's not the one that gave you toenail fungus. You did that all by yourself.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-06-2014 at 09:08 PM..

Old 10-06-2014, 08:23 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Quote:
Then think about swallowing some pills. Caprylic Acid worked for me when nothing else did, but then I gave up sugar months ago and I'm sure that helped a lot too. Giving up sugar won't cure it by itself though. The thing is that people go to docs expecting a quick fix and that's not always fair to the doctor--you may have to do some work to get what you want. If you can't swallow pills then I've noticed that CA comes in gel caps that can be opened. May not taste good but it's worth a try. Not expensive either.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-07-2014 at 05:56 AM..

Old 10-07-2014, 01:20 AM

24 posts, read 78,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post

Then think about swallowing some pills. Caprylic Acid worked for me when nothing else did, but then I gave up sugar months ago and I'm sure that helped a lot too. Giving up sugar won't cure it by itself though. The thing is that people go to docs expecting a quick fix and that's not always fair to the doctor--you may have to do some work to get what you want. If you can't swallow pills then I've noticed that CA comes in gel caps that can be opened. May not taste good but it's worth a try. Not expensive either.
I cant to due health reasons

Old 10-07-2014, 01:36 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauricioCantos View Post
I said I won't take pills... it's only liquid on the nail i will use
I think it might be the liquid that causes the liver problem. people dont seem to realize that chemicals seep into the skin and into organs of the body.. it doesnt have to be taken internally..but I have a dodgy nail myself and have read about these things that you put on the nail and what they might cause.. so Ive stayed away..to be frank I dont think mine is fungul.. but caused with an accident a few years ago as its never grew right since..

Old 10-07-2014, 05:15 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,793,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauricioCantos View Post
I cant to due health reasons
I wish you'd be a little more forthcoming with info on this. Do you mean that for health reasons you can't swallow pills, or that your liver is already compromised and therefore you can't take anti-fungal pills? This would make a huge difference.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:29 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,038,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Not always, nightlysparrow. Athlete's Foot is ringworm. Toenail fungus is not.
Not exactly. Ringworm is just another fungus, and it also affects nails.

Fungal nail infection (ringworm of the nails)

There is a staggering number of tinea fungi. This included tinea pedis (athlete's foot) and tinea un' guium (nails). One doc told me there are more than 400 types of fungus that affect skin. Here's a few:

tinea - definition of tinea by Medical dictionary

You're correct that people who carry or pick up athlete's foot don't necessarily get it into their nails.Toenail fungus begins with injury, which allows any nearby fungi to invade the nail bed. It also happens to fingernails when injured from artificial nails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness