Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 11:38 AM

533 posts, read 472,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuujj View Post
I had very stubborn toenail fungus and terbinafine (lamisil) did the trick quite well.
It's oral medication.

Ask your doctor. It works wonders.
Senior Citizen with toenail fungus took 84 day course of Terbinafine 250 mg. Last day was Apr 7, 2021. Still has the fungus :-(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 02:55 PM

533 posts, read 472,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Mine is gone. Doctor hit it with laser, oral meds, and Jublia. Laser has the best odds of the three, and that's only 70%.
If possible, can you give name of laser the Dr used. I'm currently researching laser treatments for nail fungus. Thank you

Old 06-10-2021, 06:07 AM

164 posts, read 125,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
If you think that is a waste of money, my ENT's nurse told me to use vicks vapor rub on mine and I followed her instructions and one day I realized my fungus really had GONE! She said to rub it on your nails at night, put on a pair of white socks and sleep in the socks... It took about a year but it DID work!
Hi,

I would also recommend you to use Vicks vapor rub to get rid of nail fungus. One of my friends has used this and after using 6 months her nail is totally fine.

Try this, it will work.

Thanks

Old 06-11-2021, 02:28 AM

3,600 posts, read 1,624,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Other treatments include laser and complete nail removal.

Condition will recur if there is any athlete's foot elsewhere on the feet, so one must be vigilant.

My elderly mom has an infected right big toe with pain, black fungus? under nail, dried blood, etc. Left big toe okay, but nail thick, big and curves in on both sides. Went to Podiatrist last week...she is on HMO so just a quick look and request for approval. Back today since mom was in pain the last few nights losing sleep...they cut all of her nails, cleaned out the dried blood and gunk under right toenail (which is loose). Podiatrist put her on Amoxicillin for a week...go back next week for toenail removal (and a biopsy) to make sure no skin cancer under toenail. Hope it gets resolved soon!

Old 06-17-2021, 08:00 PM

3,600 posts, read 1,624,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
My elderly mom has an infected right big toe with pain, black fungus? under nail, dried blood, etc. Left big toe okay, but nail thick, big and curves in on both sides. Went to Podiatrist last week...she is on HMO so just a quick look and request for approval. Back today since mom was in pain the last few nights losing sleep...they cut all of her nails, cleaned out the dried blood and gunk under right toenail (which is loose). Podiatrist put her on Amoxicillin for a week...go back next week for toenail removal (and a biopsy) to make sure no skin cancer under toenail. Hope it gets resolved soon!

Update... they removed mom's toenail today...lots of gunk under it. Cleaned it all up...have to now do epsom salt soaks with antibiotic cream twice a day first week, once a day second week. Should get better now with much less pain....with a follow up in 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness