Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 11:29 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
My grandson had quite a bad nervous tick a few years ago and the doctor wouldnt prescribe anything for it so I read up on tics and saw that magnesium and vit D help.. I got him a bottle of the stuff made for children from a well known health store, and within two days the tics stopped.... so it says a lot for vitamins...
Good to hear this...we have to be our own doctors SO MUCH..

There are miles of info sites and books written about this major deficiency in our population. Talk about a very inexpensive "fix"....

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-05-2018 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 11:39 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Is America overmedicated?

The topic. Personal examples are fine. Do not slam someone for their opinion or for citing their own experience or the experience of others. This is a discussion.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:55 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You have no idea what worked for me. Please don't say what I experienced. And I was not given syn levo med, I was given Armour, big difference in the formulas. I would not touch levo stuff.

As for standard of care on Vit D, it took years of getting the info out to the public about the D deficiency in our population and especially those not living in sunny areas and not being in the sun...even today it's not in the standard testing in labwork. And I'm sure plenty are still Vit D deficient. And even those living in sunny climates they are not out basking in the sun,,,,not much sun at the computers.

The sicker our population, the more $$$$ for pharma.
Isnt part of the problem with Vit D def is due to the promotion and use of sunscreen blocking the suns rays on the skin? Read that somewhere.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Isnt part of the problem with Vit D def is due to the promotion and use of sunscreen blocking the suns rays on the skin? Read that somewhere.
Well that could be a part of it, I never used those sunscreens which are full of chemicals. If I were to use one and I won't, it would be a "natural" product from my local supplement supplier.

And for eye protection I've used sunglasses for years..saves me from cataracts.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:00 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Well that could be a part of it, I never used those sunscreens which are full of chemicals. If I were to use one and I won't, it would be a "natural" product from my local supplement supplier.
What you use to block the sun would not be the issue, the issue is the blockage.

(Not sure if it has been proven though, which is based upon my lack of knowledge)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-05-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What you use to block the sun would not be the issue, the issue is the blockage.

(Not sure if it has been proven though, which is based upon my lack of knowledge)
I never blocked sun from my skin. My eyes yes. Your first sentence is not clear to me.

There are people who are truly very fair and need to protect their skin more than others. Plus those with common sense and very fair skin, stay out and stay in the shade...more reason to be deficient in D.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:47 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Know what else RA drugs do?

They manage RA symptoms and slow the progression of the disease.

No mystery there.....
A close family member has had RA for most of her life (she's in her 70s). And while she does take medication for it, she reduced the amount of medication she takes SUBSTANTIALLY by changing her diet. Even the Arthritis Foundation recognizes the connection between certain foods and RA, specifically the inflammation caused by RA. She now believes that if she had made these changes 40 years ago, she may have avoided medication until much later in life.

Again, not saying that it's possible for everyone to eliminate all medications, I do believe that many, many people would not need medications if they changed their diet and lifestyle.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:02 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times
This is a little simplistic, but I believe Americans are over medicated because they put blind trust in their doctors and don't often do their own due diligence and 1) research suggested medications and side effects 2) research healthy, natural alternatives - and there are a lot of them.

There is a theory that negative emotional states cause all disease. And thinking causes emotional states. I doubt the general public is aware of this or would believe it if they were introduced to the concept.

I also believe that the majority of Americans don't comprehend the value of a "clean," healthy, organic diet and filtered water.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
A close family member has had RA for most of her life (she's in her 70s). And while she does take medication for it, she reduced the amount of medication she takes SUBSTANTIALLY by changing her diet. Even the Arthritis Foundation recognizes the connection between certain foods and RA, specifically the inflammation caused by RA. She now believes that if she had made these changes 40 years ago, she may have avoided medication until much later in life.

Again, not saying that it's possible for everyone to eliminate all medications, I do believe that many, many people would not need medications if they changed their diet and lifestyle.
My neighbor was hit with RA a few yrs ago and she was probably early 60's...another friend's sister too and I started to do my normal hunting around on managing RA and one thing hit me and it was overdosing on carbs (breads). I told this to my neighbor and she kinda laughed and said "I love my bread"... well, at least I mentioned this, I don't know how much research she does but I don't mention it again.

Foods heal and kill.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:22 PM

Speaking of the title of this thread. News in another celeb found dead, and talk all over my radio about benzos and opioids....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness