U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 05:42 PM

35,121 posts, read 22,130,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Allergy tests won't tell you if you are bothered by gluten.
I went completely gluten free for 2 years and it did nothing.

My IBS symptoms were so bad they tested me for celiac, and no to that too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 05:47 PM

4,311 posts, read 1,436,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Well me too, no problems with gluten. Everyone has different things to figure out and try.

I do definitely suspect car accidents and neck injuries as a common cause of fibromyalgia, and other autoimmune disorders. The connection between neck trauma and fibromyalgia is actually well known. And it definitely was the cause in my case. But I only recently figured out the connection with allergies and psoriasis.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:11 PM

26,422 posts, read 9,899,258 times
I was told I have FM in 1999 but I believe it was a dsyfunctional thyroid. Then I did go thru an emotional trauma after that and who knows. I know it's probably a lot of stuff gone wrong.

I just posted a new find in Alt Med on a psorasis herbal. New to me and who knows. I read a lot of reviews on those using it.

I'm semi gluten free and good with that choice.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:48 PM

10,435 posts, read 7,684,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
What I would really like to see is a stop to all these endless TV Ads pushing this drug, that drug, and asking your doctor if this is right for YOU. DZ, GT, bla, bla, condition or disease? Who the H knows what these code words even are???? Happy, smiling people using these drugs walking in fields, around puppies, and little children. Then listening to a laundry list of adverse reactions, including suicide and death, to this "right for you medication".

Holiday Season is the only respite against all this. Over-medicated society? Watch these TV ads and they will confirm America is an over-medicated society.
I have to agree with you there, I hate those ads too. But as my husband always says, the adverse and side effects of these drugs-which the FDA mandates these manufacturers publicize during the ads if they mention what the drug is intended to treat- tends to make me want to run off screaming in terror to get away from them. Certainly doesn't make me want to run out and ask my doctor "if they're right for me".

Old 06-05-2018, 07:49 PM

35,121 posts, read 22,130,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I have to agree with you there, I hate those ads too. But as my husband always says, the adverse and side effects of these drugs-which the FDA mandates these manufacturers publicize during the ads if they mention what the drug is intended to treat- tends to make me want to run off screaming in terror to get away from them. Certainly doesn't make me want to run out and ask my doctor "if they're right for me".
Right? It's like an anti-ad.

But seriously, they should not be allowed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 06-05-2018, 08:42 PM

26,422 posts, read 9,899,258 times
Quote:
Right? It's like an anti-ad.

But seriously, they should not be allowed.
I believe the U.S. and New Zealand are the two countries that run TV ads.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:14 PM

4,273 posts, read 2,645,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post

I heard one of the side effects of one of the drugs for depression, was depression. Thats what you are taking the drug for! Another I heard, stated a side effect as death. Really, death is a side effect.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:51 AM

5,971 posts, read 7,093,674 times
Quote:

You can be sensitive to things without being truly allergic. And it's not always gluten. Sometimes it's soy (which is in EVERYTHING), dairy, etc. There are tests for these things, or you can do elimination diets to find what things you are sensitive too.

On another note, I have no gluten issues either. But I've had 2 traditional medicine docs (gastroenterologist and a general practitioner) both tell me that no one should eat gluten. The gastro was particularly passionate about it. He said it basically has no nutritive value and is tough for our bodies to process.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:13 AM

4,311 posts, read 1,436,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
I heard one of the side effects of one of the drugs for depression, was depression. Thats what you are taking the drug for! Another I heard, stated a side effect as death. Really, death is a side effect.
People have been trained to ignore those long lists of horrible side effects. Their MD assures them the side effects are very rare, and that they are mostly imagined anyway.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:15 AM

4,803 posts, read 3,225,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
You can be sensitive to things without being truly allergic. And it's not always gluten. Sometimes it's soy (which is in EVERYTHING), dairy, etc. There are tests for these things, or you can do elimination diets to find what things you are sensitive too.

On another note, I have no gluten issues either. But I've had 2 traditional medicine docs (gastroenterologist and a general practitioner) both tell me that no one should eat gluten. The gastro was particularly passionate about it. He said it basically has no nutritive value and is tough for our bodies to process.
My daughter's doctor basically said the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

I agree that the best test is just seeing what works for you. Some healthy foods may not be healthy for you.
A few years ago I ran into a problem where soy was causing female problems. I didn't make the connection until after my surgery and talking with my doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness