Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 11:51 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times

Advertisements

I have FM, no physical trauma.

My doctor says FM with RA is pretty common, they don't know why but they frequently manifest together.

Mine lasted about 5 years but is mostly gone now.

@InNewEngland I've been really intrigued at the whole gut health info that been coming out and really trying to work on that.... it can't hurt.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Mikala43; 06-07-2018 at 12:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 05:34 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Very little mainstream medical research has been done on fibromyalgia. For a long time they denied it existed. When MDs can't figure out the cause of a patient's suffering, they assume the patient is imagining it.

Still the connection between FMS and trauma is well known and obvious. Especially for those of us who experienced it directly.

It is very sad that there is so much close-mindedness. If chiropractors believe something, MDs have to deny it, no matter how much sense it makes.

I am going to start asking people who have RA, MS, IBS, etc., if they had a neck injury. Hypertension also seems to be related to upper cervical problems.
The notion that "very little research has been done on Fibromyalgia" would be patently false and easily disproven with even a casual glance at the volume of research performed on this condition in the past few decades...

The idea that the "connection" between Fibromyalgia and trauma is well known and obvious, particularly neck trauma, would also be easily disproven with a bit of research....much of which has shown that this supposedly "obvious" connection is not so obvious at all

Much of what chiropractors "do" that is "denied" by MD's has nothing to do with the procedures "making sense" quite the opposite in fact..

You can ask everyone on the planet with autoimmune disorders if they had a neck injury won't change the FACT that there is ZERO association between the two

Fibromyalgia is also NOT an autoimmune disorder....if you understood the definition of autoimmune disorder that would be quite clear..

Finally, HTN is NOT "related" to upper cervical problems

Old 06-07-2018, 06:53 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
The notion that "very little research has been done on Fibromyalgia" would be patently false and easily disproven with even a casual glance at the volume of research performed on this condition in the past few decades...

The idea that the "connection" between Fibromyalgia and trauma is well known and obvious, particularly neck trauma, would also be easily disproven with a bit of research....much of which has shown that this supposedly "obvious" connection is not so obvious at all

Much of what chiropractors "do" that is "denied" by MD's has nothing to do with the procedures "making sense" quite the opposite in fact..

You can ask everyone on the planet with autoimmune disorders if they had a neck injury won't change the FACT that there is ZERO association between the two

Fibromyalgia is also NOT an autoimmune disorder....if you understood the definition of autoimmune disorder that would be quite clear..

Finally, HTN is NOT "related" to upper cervical problems
You must be the world's leading expert on this. Otherwise you would not be so utterly confident your opinions are correct.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:08 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Many of the gluten free alternative products are actually worse for you. Gluten is a binding agent. It really isn’t there to provide nutrition. So if they have to find something else to hold something together, it often gets more sugar, for example. How is eating more sugar helpful. If you eat naturally gluten free items, fine, but substituting just because is likely to cause another set of problems.
Oh, I agree. I didn't mean to suggest anyone replace gluten-containing processed crap with gluten-free processed crap. I think people just need to eat real, whole foods - meat, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. I think a good rule of thumb is, if it doesn't grow, don't eat it.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:10 AM

All of the diseases mentioned, fibromyalgia, MS, RA, etc. have also all been linked to Lyme disease. I personally think that a HUGE percentage of the population has been impacted by Lyme and just doesn't know it. And because there is no accurate test, there is no way to find out if it's something you're struggling with.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
All of the diseases mentioned, fibromyalgia, MS, RA, etc. have also all been linked to Lyme disease. I personally think that a HUGE percentage of the population has been impacted by Lyme and just doesn't know it. And because there is no accurate test, there is no way to find out if it's something you're struggling with.
I have Lyme disease, but I had fibromyalgia decades before I ever had Lyme.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I have Lyme disease, but I had fibromyalgia decades before I ever had Lyme.
But how do you know that you haven't actually had Lyme for much longer than you thought?

I'm not saying it's the answer to everything, but I definitely think it warrants a lot more research.

BTW, I have/had Lyme disease too. But I am better now thanks to about a year and a half of antibiotics. Been well for going on a year now. Wishing you good health

Old 06-07-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
But how do you know that you haven't actually had Lyme for much longer than you thought?

I'm not saying it's the answer to everything, but I definitely think it warrants a lot more research.

BTW, I have/had Lyme disease too. But I am better now thanks to about a year and a half of antibiotics. Been well for going on a year now. Wishing you good health
I know that I first got Lyme disease in 2007, and I got fibromyalgia in the 1980s.

Lyme disease can't explain all health problems for everyone.

I think maybe the reason I got such a bad case of Lyme disease was the fact that I already had fibromyalgia.

I had a lot of antibiotics, but I decided the antibiotics would further damage my immune system so I stopped. Lyme disease doesn't bother me much, as long as my spine isn't too much out of alignment.

There may be some nutritional factors also, but I have not been able to figure that part out. I just try to vary what I eat.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:16 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Lyme disease is caused by a bacterial infection. It may cause arthritis, but that is different from RA. It does not cause MS.

There are antibody tests for Lyme disease, which like all tests have false positives and false negatives, but it is possible to diagnose it.

https://www.arthritis-health.com/typ...onditions-know

Long term antibiotic treatment for "chronic" Lyme disease has been associated with serious, sometimes fatal complications and is not recommended.

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/postlds/index.html

Old 06-07-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Lyme disease is caused by a bacterial infection. It may cause arthritis, but that is different from RA. It does not cause MS.

There are antibody tests for Lyme disease, which like all tests have false positives and false negatives, but it is possible to diagnose it.

https://www.arthritis-health.com/typ...onditions-know

Long term antibiotic treatment for "chronic" Lyme disease has been associated with serious, sometimes fatal complications and is not recommended.

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/postlds/index.html
As someone who has been through it, so much of that if simply not true. The only people who have died from the long-term antibiotics actually died from an infection cause by the port used for the delivery of IV antibiotics, not from the antibiotics themselves. BTW, people die from infections from those ports who receive antibiotics and medications for other diseases as well. Has nothing to do with the disease they are being treated for, whether it's Lyme or tuberculosis or something else. Doxycycline, the antibiotic most often used to treat Lyme disease, is actually routinely prescribed for years at a time to treat acne. I don't understand how it's considered dangerous for treating Lyme disease in an adult when prescribed for a few months or a year, but perfectly safe to treat a cosmetic condition in a 13 year old when prescribed for 2 years or more. Exact same medication and in many cases, the exact same dosage.

Even the CDC admits that the test for Lyme is only about 50% accurate. A Johns Hopkins study found it to be about 30% accurate. So even the CDC admits that it's pretty damn hard to diagnose and very possible to have it even without a positive test. There is also a difference between positive and CDC positive. The CDC requires that a certain number of bands or markers be present in order for the test to be considered positive. So if you test positive for 3 bands instead of 5, it's considered a negative test. What the CDC has failed to address is why someone would have ANY bands present unless they were exposed to the bacteria. It just doesn't make sense.

It does not cause MS, but that is one of the many things it is mis-diagnosed as. I was diagnosed with MS. I was also diagnosed with RA, then ALS. Lyme mimics all of them. I advocated hard for myself and was eventually treated for Lyme. Low and behold, after antibiotic treatment, my MS, RA, ALS, and all other illnesses were "cured." My point is that I think there are a lot of people who have been mis-diagnosed with these diseases like I was. Had I not questioned them and gone from doctor to doctor, I would still be getting treatment for illnesses I never had. And I'm sure there are people who are still in that boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness