Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 01:53 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times

Advertisements

If you think it's related to your kidneys, get some cranberry juice and drink it. Also drink lots of water to help flush the kidneys. This should take a few days. If you still have the pain, then see the doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 04:10 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
Anytime I even had a bladder infection the doctor wanted me in that day because they feared it would go to my kidneys. I imagine that kidney infections could damage the kidneys, but I am not sure

Old 01-02-2008, 06:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Anytime I even had a bladder infection the doctor wanted me in that day because they feared it would go to my kidneys. I imagine that kidney infections could damage the kidneys, but I am not sure
This is true. If a bladder infection is left untreated it goes to the kidneys. I learned the hard way and ignored the bladder infection. I had horrible back pain. I ended up with a 104.5 fever and a very bad kidney infection for which I had to be put on an IV for Cipro-very strong antibiotic they give to people who have come into contact with Anthrax. I ignored the pain for a while.

Not trying to be fatalistic, but I never used to go to the doctor. That experience taught me to listen to my body more. I still don't go the doctor all that much but I do listen more and not ignore everything like I used to.

Whatever you do, don't let symptoms go on too long.

Good luck,

Nicole

Old 07-26-2009, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,142 times
im having back pains only on one side and peeing more than often! Could this be a kidney infection?

Old 07-29-2009, 04:04 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candicemarcotte View Post
im having back pains only on one side and peeing more than often! Could this be a kidney infection?
Yes and no, only a doctors visit can determine that,
usually kidney infection also comes with fever but not always.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:39 PM

751 posts, read 2,480,798 times
You've been having this pain for 3 years! Have you been seeing a Dr that just can't figure it out? Ask them to test your kidney function, not just test for infection or stones. Ask for your blood creatinine and BUN levels, and protein and electrolyte levels in your urine. I doubt it, but your kidneys could be failing. If they are, finding out now is best.

There was a suggestion about muscle pain. When you have the pain, go to the Dr and ask him to see if it's muscle pain. If it is muscle pain, he should be able to feel it in your muscle. Whenever I through my back out, my Dr can feel my back and tell me exactly where the problem is.

I hope you figure it out, back pain is no joke.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:39 PM

3 posts, read 5,848 times
i have the exact same symptoms as redwhiteblue and have been to a nephorologist he said it was not my kidneys i have also had it for some years and have seen many doctors but no help from anyone. i also have acid reflux and have been told this maybe a stomach problem but it all seems connected. My personal thoughts are possibly a hole in my intestines but i have no clue really.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:47 PM

i forgot to add that i have been tested for kidney function and they seem to be working just fine but every urine test ive had comes back with high levels of white blood cells suggesting some kind of auto immune disease, possibly gluten intolerance? Ive thought for a long time it has something to do with my kidneys but everything has come up negative. My back and spine have been x-rayed and had a mri but there is nothing physically wrong with my back.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:19 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
White blood cells = infection. Have you been screened for STDs and yeast?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:33 PM

honestly no i haven't cuz Ive never considered that to be a possibility, i will. and what do u mean by yeast?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness