U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:17 AM

2,493 posts, read 3,438,773 times

Advertisements

How many people are sleeping in on New Year's day?

It's January 1st, 2008, and I'm still in bed after 9am as are the others I share this house with. Last night I stayed home. Since I do not drink, my excess was eating. I ate all kinds of food that I normally don't. I had custard with coconut topping for dinner and sweet apple cider. Later in the evening I made several batches of homemade nachos and ate them sloppily, washing it down with the rest of my half-gallon of cider.

Now, it's time to clean up my act in all respects. After two weeks of being lazy, sleeping in, and not having to work, I'm wondering, how to I get my butt out of bed? I want to get on top of my taxes, find more work, locate a new place to live. I'm going to eat better and get in shape.

Just thinking about how I'm going to reach all these hefty goals makes me want to roll over and go back to sleep.

How are others dealing?

Greenie

Last edited by GreenMachine; 01-01-2008 at 07:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 07:21 AM

10,972 posts, read 9,903,738 times
Wishing you all the best in achieving your goals!!

Sometimes setting goals throughout the year is more productive then waiting until one specific day and then setting too many goals and overloading yourself.

Enjoy 2008!!

Old 01-01-2008, 07:25 AM

7,295 posts, read 17,561,563 times
Happy New Year !!!

I just got up a little while ago. I don't sleep in because I have a dog to let out.
I made up my mind a few days ago that I've got to get back to eating more healthy and exercising more. I've been slacking off the past couple of months.
I'm taking little steps and it helps me more instead of going full power.
Gotta clean the house real good today and take down the Christmas stuff because we have a realtor coming to look at it tomorrow. I hate cleaning house all at once but it's gotta be done.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:24 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,890,255 times
Getting back on track is always a challenge for me. These last weeks I have become downright lazy!! My energy level is at "zip"! My house is in dire need of a good cleaning...sigh. I find if I make a list--not to long--of the things that really need to be done first it helps. I feel good crossing off things "I have done". It's all mental. Of course what I have been eating has had an effect on my mental and physical behavior I am sure so I suppose it's time to lose the candy and chips and go back to the cheese, nuts and fruits!!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Getting back on track is always a challenge for me. These last weeks I have become downright lazy!! My energy level is at "zip"! My house is in dire need of a good cleaning...sigh. I find if I make a list--not to long--of the things that really need to be done first it helps. I feel good crossing off things "I have done". It's all mental. Of course what I have been eating has had an effect on my mental and physical behavior I am sure so I suppose it's time to lose the candy and chips and go back to the cheese, nuts and fruits!!
Well, I'm glad I am not alone. Maybe that's what I need to do, make a list.

I can make the list while I am still in bed.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:41 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,890,255 times
Now YOU made me laugh out loud with that reply! Least we haven't lost our sense of humors!!

Old 01-01-2008, 12:05 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,629,622 times
You definitely aren't alone! I am a stay at home mom and with everyone being on vacation, have slacked off on all good habits. The house is a mess and I have been eating junk I don't usually eat non-stop for a week now. I did manage to get a couple small projects done over the last couple of days and a few trips to the gym, but have been sleeping in later and later everyday. Even the dog has gotten lazy as she usually wakes me up by 7 at the latest, but slept until 9 today.
I think my approach will be to make a "list" of 1 to do item a day and go from there. I can always do more if I feel like it. Everyone else in my family will be back at work/school tomorrow, unless it is a snow day, so that usually helps get me back on
track. Here's to enjoying that last day of vegin' out!

Old 01-01-2008, 12:12 PM

4,610 posts, read 10,335,977 times
Well I definitely overindulged since Thanksgiving. I gained 7 pounds!!! I have to start eating healthy again but my husband just came home with 3 big bags of M&M's. They are the Christmas (red and green) M&M's and were on sale (that's why he bought 3)!!!! Help!!!

Last edited by Roma; 01-01-2008 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: I need help!!!! :)

Old 01-01-2008, 12:14 PM

607 posts, read 3,349,337 times
I'm gonna make a list too;

#1 order pizza
#2 eat pizza
#3 drink beer
#4 eat more pizza
#5 trip to Crispy Cream
#6 nap
#7 cold pizza
#8 get dressed
#9 look in the mirror
#10 make a better list for tomorrow

Old 01-01-2008, 12:51 PM

These posts are too funny. To top things off, we're snowed in here. I when out to brush all the snow off my car and spotted my neighbors disappearing down the road with their cross-country skis on -- Momma bear, Daddy bear, and Baby bear. As I stepped out of my car, Daddy bear slid over on his skis and said, "Don't try and drive anywhere today. The main roads are not plowed."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness