Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 11:24 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times

Advertisements

There is a nasty Stomach Bug thats been going round and it just left our house (all of us had it). It included Vomiting, Fever, Poops. Lasted about 24-36hrs.

This is my first stomach issue since my bad gallbladder attack last year. Im still having lingering ick type feeling even though i havent had the bug for close to 2 days (and I didnt get the worst of it in the house). Im wondering if it could have some how aggravated my gallbladder and thats why the feeling is still hanging around or if they are even some how connected to bother the other?

Its like the feeling when you eat something you shouldnt and youre thinking " Im not so sure that was a great idea ". It doesnt hurt in my gallbladder area so right now its not another attack (knock on wood!).

* Ive had to eat: 1/2 bowl spaghetti with light sauce yesterday for dinner, 2 bites peppermint bark (literally because at that point i knew if i ate more id def. get sick), 1/2 large waffle (no butter or syrup). Water to drink with 7up as well.
* When I was sick I took Phenergan. I took a Zantac just a bit ago.

** No I do not plan to have my gallbladder out. Just simply wondering if the bug effected my gallbladder **
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 10:41 PM

708 posts, read 823,527 times
I bet a few drops of Lugols Iodine 5% in water would have got rid of that.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:17 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
A lot of times a virus like that will wreak havoc on your good gut flora, and it will take time for your body to build them back up. Take probiotics and eat yogurt, and give yourself time to recover.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:12 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,947,993 times
Are you sure it wasn't food poisoning? What were youse eating before you got the bug?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness