U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,511,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J "JR" R View Post
For some reason I am pretty sure that is connected with a bad diet, stress and sleeping disorder. Anyone having the same issues with a healthy diet, no major worries and sleeping 8 hours straight a day?

Smoking and drinking highly contributes to have bad side effects to the gallbladder removal surgery.
I drink "now and then," which means maybe in a week i'll have 3 drinks - and then go another month and have none (usually it's beer when i have anything).

I dont smoke, i sleep plenty, not a lot of stress (I take meds also), and my diet is not "great," but reasonably healthy. My cholestrol is low.

I came back to this thread becuz i'm having another attack TONITE. I know it's not exactly the same as my gallbladder attacks - they lasted longer usually, and radiated around my shoulder to my back. (gallbladder was removed many yrs ago due to stones/attacks)

But this is mid-torso area - in the front, and just ongoing, boring, aching pain - about 20 mins after eating a meal. (just a bit below the breasts and in the middle) It just freakin ACHES. It happens quite often, and i think it's time for me to see a gastroenterologist. I need to get my first colonoscopy anyway (over 50) - so i may as well get it all over with.

I just cant take having a (small) meal, and having to go thru this. I'm also gonna start a food diary again and see if i can figure out what makes these pains the worst. I'm sooo tired of it.

PS. has anyone tried regulary taking probiotic capsules, eating a yogurt each day, etc.? yes i'm going to look up the natural pain relief also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 06:40 AM

19,865 posts, read 57,919,091 times
Sounds like GERD for which you need Prilosec or something like it. Could also be an ulcer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 10,997 times
I read a very good article about the reason why so many people are still having abdominal, gallbladder pain and even experiencing new symptoms after the gallbladder has been removed. It makes total sense and explains why so many people like us are having so many problems after the gallbladder has been removed. Basically gallbladder removal only removes the gallstones that are in the gallbladder. Since bile is produced in the liver, gallstones can form anywhere bile is present, that includes the liver and bile ducts even after surgery. Anytime bile gets sluggish and thick, liver stones or bile stones can form. They talk about a solution for dissolving gallstones in the liver, gallbladder and bile ducts. It probably could work for individuals who have gallstones trappped in the bile ducts and liver ducts that are causing problems. [mod] need at least 10 other posts before making specific recommendations [/mod]

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-12-2011 at 01:13 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 10,944 times
For 2 years I was throwing up everyday at least once a day and at the most 24 hours straight to the point where I thought I was having a heart attack because the pressure on the chest. Approximately ten times I had 24 hour episodes where I would be stuck on the toilet with a bucket in front of me. On about 5 of those occasions I was taken to the emergency room after suffering for hours. One time I went in, pooped my pants in my own car and was physically throwing up all over the ER, they did a bunch of tests on me and nothing came up so they told me I was having a panic attack and I needed to calm down and sent me on my way. Months go by until I told a friend from school what was going on and he said his girlfriend was having the same problems and she got her gallbladder out and feels much better. I HAD TO TELL MY GASTRO DOC TO TEST MY GALLBLADDER. Sure enough thats the problem. I had my GB taken out on Feb 14 2011. Ever since I've been having constant severe pain right where my top insision is. It feels like I'm being stabbed 24/7 and I will do anything for any type of relief. I get dizzy multiple times a day, at the least I get fevers to the point where I burn up about 6 times a day. Sometimes I wake up and my body is soaked head to toe in sweat. I have severe back pain in between my shoulder blades that only gets worse by the day. I cry everyday because Im in severe pain to the point where I can barely function. I can't sit up straight because it only hurts more. I'm nausea from the time I wake up until I go to bed. Somebody please help me! On top of all that I live with my boyfriend, working, paying bills, going to college.....................and I'm only 19 years old. Please please please help!

Old 09-14-2011, 12:38 PM

8 posts, read 58,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JENN039 View Post
has Anyone Ever Had There Gallbladder Removed And Than End Up In Worse Pain Than Before You Had It Removed?? Well Since Mine Has Been Removed Back In October 2007 I Have Had Nothing But Severe Upper Abdominal Pain. It Will Start In Between My Ribcages And Radiate Right Through To My Back. The Doctors Can Not Figure Out What This Pain Could Be. They Have Done Blood Work And A Endoscopy But Every Thing Has Come Back Negative. Has Anyone Experience This And If So How Long Does The Pain Continue For?
I had my gallbladder removed in May 2010. I was in horrible pain before the surgery. Burning in my upper abdomen and right side and felt nauseous all of the time. I, too, thought after my surgery I would feel so much better. So many people I had known had the surgery and recovered in no time at all.
My experience has been so different. I was in awful awful pain from the surgery. Couldn't walk for 3 weeks. Wearing clothes was difficult because my incisions were so tender.
I was out of work for 2 months- and only really went back because I had no more sick days. Although the pain from the incisions is much better, the pain overall is not. I have horrible pain on the whole right side of my abs and it radiates into my back. Pants still bother me. I often pull them away from my waist so it doesnt put any pressure on me.

It seems to actually be getting worse and not better. People think I am making it up because so often people talk about how easy this surgery is. That is a total farce. This whole experience has not been easy, and I am just hoping it gets better.

For those of you that are experiencing the same thing and Drs are saying they can't find anything, what do we do? If many of us out there have this surgery and experience the same thing, there must be something to what we are feeling?

Please share your thoughts and keep us posted if any of you come up with answers.

Thank you!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 PM

9,247 posts, read 23,880,764 times
I'm a month out of surgery. I generally feel better but my abdomen does still have a bit of tenderness, especially after lifting. I only just now am able to wear button up pants. I've talked to other people about this and they say everyone is different and recovery can take a very long time. Has anyone thought of sphincter of odi syndrom? I hear that that can cause really bad pain after surgery.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I'm a month out of surgery. I generally feel better but my abdomen does still have a bit of tenderness, especially after lifting. I only just now am able to wear button up pants. I've talked to other people about this and they say everyone is different and recovery can take a very long time. Has anyone thought of sphincter of odi syndrom? I hear that that can cause really bad pain after surgery.

Thank you for your response. The pain you are feeling sounds pretty normal and will hopefully disappear shortly.

I actually never heard of sphincter of oddi syndrome. I just looked it up, and that is a very interesting possibility. Need to call my Dr for a follow up since still experiencing this pain. I will talk to him about that.

Thank you!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:42 PM

3,908 posts, read 9,702,871 times
Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction, (SOD), is a living hell. I sincerely hope that's not what you have. Have you ever had blood drawn during an attack? If your amylase and lipase were elevated, that's a sign.

Hope you feel better.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:22 AM

[quote=Jellybean50;20422274]I drink "now and then," which means maybe in a week i'll have 3 drinks - and then go another month and have none (usually it's beer when i have anything).

I dont smoke, i sleep plenty, not a lot of stress (I take meds also), and my diet is not "great," but reasonably healthy. My cholestrol is low.

I came back to this thread becuz i'm having another attack TONITE. I know it's not exactly the same as my gallbladder attacks - they lasted longer usually, and radiated around my shoulder to my back. (gallbladder was removed many yrs ago due to stones/attacks)

But this is mid-torso area - in the front, and just ongoing, boring, aching pain - about 20 mins after eating a meal. (just a bit below the breasts and in the middle) It just freakin ACHES. It happens quite often, and i think it's time for me to see a gastroenterologist. I need to get my first colonoscopy anyway (over 50) - so i may as well get it all over with.

I just cant take having a (small) meal, and having to go thru this. I'm also gonna start a food diary again and see if i can figure out what makes these pains the worst. I'm sooo tired of it.

I am a young, very active, fit, vegetarian. I do not eat bad foods. I never smoked and do not drink. I am the furthest candidate for gallstones, but somehow I got them and had to have my gallbladder removed. Dr thought I would heal quickly since I am "in phenomenal shape."
I am still in pain 6 months after surgery and feeling what u r feeling. It boggles my mind. Would love an explantion. Need to go back to Dr too. Will make appt next wk. Pls let me know what u find out.
I do eat yogurt on occassion, but not regularly.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 14,460 times
I don't know, but if you find out let me know, this is happening to me along with I go to the restroom minutes after I eat and it has been at least 4 years since I had it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness