U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 6,937 times

Advertisements

Hi I just had my gallbalder taken out on 9/21/2011 and the pain is not getting better on my right side I take my pain meds and it seems to get worst. Can anyone please help me and tell me what I can do to get this pain to stop. Thank you melissa
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 AM

15,406 posts, read 20,587,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john34melissa25 View Post
Hi I just had my gallbalder taken out on 9/21/2011 and the pain is not getting better on my right side I take my pain meds and it seems to get worst. Can anyone please help me and tell me what I can do to get this pain to stop. Thank you melissa
Melissa, you should call your surgeon ASAP if it's been a week since the surgery and your pain is that bad.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 6,881 times
Default Please help

Its been almost 2 weeks since my laproscopic surgery to remove my gall bladder and now I have severe upper abdominal pain. I still have to sleep sitting up & its still swollen. Doc says its the liver area from the removal. I am miserable and I have to stay doped to function

Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 PM

2 posts, read 13,692 times
I had my gall bladder removed in sept of 2010, i still have abdominal pains whenever i eat ANYTHING... fast foods...health foods ..whether it be a hamburger and fries or a bowl of fruit salad my stomach pains are there ive read countless stories and they end the same ...no end to the problem...so why isn't anyone doing anything about it countless doctors and nurses and people all say the same thing ... that's normal after a gallbladder removal ..no normal would be and end to the stomach pains i had the darn surgery to get rid of anyways,normal would be being able to eat and not having to rush to the bathroom right after, not waking up to major stomach pain i mean sometimes i cant even walk or breathe because the abdominal pain does anyone have any answers to this?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 13,692 times
I had my gall bladder removed in sept of 2010, i still have abdominal pains whenever i eat ANYTHING... fast foods...health foods ..whether it be a hamburger and fries or a bowl of fruit salad my stomach pains are there ive read countless stories and they end the same ...no end to the problem...so why isn't anyone doing anything about it countless doctors and nurses and people all say the same thing ... that's normal after a gallbladder removal ..no normal would be and end to the stomach pains i had the darn surgery to get rid of anyways,normal would be being able to eat and not having to rush to the bathroom right after, not waking up to major stomach pain i mean sometimes i cant even walk or breathe because the abdominal pain does anyone have any answers to this?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:24 PM

8 posts, read 58,836 times
I have been wondering the same questions!!! Has your Dr done any tests? My Dr is going to do what he can to figure why I feel this way still. I have a CAT scan Fri and blood work Next week. My surgeon said sometimes stones fall into the ducts as the Gallbladder is being removed. That may be the answer... Or not. Keep your fingers crossed that I find answers.
BTW- I eat healthy and always have.

Last edited by Wendance; 10-26-2011 at 09:35 PM..

Old 10-29-2011, 04:16 PM

14,363 posts, read 19,743,306 times
My cousin had her gall bladder removed but the surgeon dropped a stone which is quite common and she had to go back to the surgeon and schedule another surgery to get the stone . I urge all of you that have this much pain (she was doubled over ) to go back and ask them if this is a possibility that could have happened to you . Good luck and I will pray for you .

Old 10-29-2011, 04:42 PM

8 posts, read 58,836 times
Thank you very much!

Old 11-09-2011, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 6,807 times
Default gallbladder pain

I thought I was alone all of these years. I had my Gallbladder out 10 years ago and ever since my pain is worse. I describe it exactly the way some other people do, It is upper it feels like my rib cage is going to explode and it radiates to my back. It is the worse pain ever. They can never find out what is wrong.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:59 AM

14,363 posts, read 19,743,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramore View Post
I thought I was alone all of these years. I had my Gallbladder out 10 years ago and ever since my pain is worse. I describe it exactly the way some other people do, It is upper it feels like my rib cage is going to explode and it radiates to my back. It is the worse pain ever. They can never find out what is wrong.

Im sorry but that sounds like you have kidney stones my ex husband had those same symptoms and he had his gall bladder out and then the pain continued and they found out he had kidney stones and so he gets rid of them and he is fine after that . You might try straight lemon juice and water for a couple of days and see if that helps . My current husband does that and he suffered so bad before . Drink 8 oz straight lemon juice and then follow it with a full 8 oz of water and do this for a couple of days it smooth the stone of all its edges so it is easier to pee it out .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness