U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 12:10 PM

8 posts, read 58,894 times

Advertisements

What kinds of tests have u had? I recently had a CAT scan and blood work. Now goin for a MRI- but so ar the Dr has found nothing.
I feel like someone needs to do research on all of us to figure out why all of us feel like this post op. There must be something to it, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 4,823 times
I had my gallbladder removed laproscopically about two years ago. I still am having pain in the right side where I had the original pain before surgery. The pain is not constant though. I lost alot of weight, about 40 pounds, which I guess is good, but now I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem. About two weeks ago I had what I thought was the flu. Vomiting and diarrhea. That lasted 3 days, tired for about two more days. Thought it was over and then a couple of days ago I started having diarrhea again. I took imodium both times, the lowest dose because I didn't want to overdo it. Anyway, I think I'm still loosing weight and I don't know what is wrong. I have not seen my family practioner about this yet. Any ideas? Gina

Old 11-16-2011, 11:46 AM

6,523 posts, read 8,208,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Raynor View Post
I had my gallbladder removed laproscopically about two years ago. I still am having pain in the right side where I had the original pain before surgery. The pain is not constant though. I lost alot of weight, about 40 pounds, which I guess is good, but now I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem. About two weeks ago I had what I thought was the flu. Vomiting and diarrhea. That lasted 3 days, tired for about two more days. Thought it was over and then a couple of days ago I started having diarrhea again. I took imodium both times, the lowest dose because I didn't want to overdo it. Anyway, I think I'm still loosing weight and I don't know what is wrong. I have not seen my family practioner about this yet. Any ideas? Gina

Gina, get thee to the doctor, pronto! Please? I don't want to scare you but in Sept of 08, I had an emergency lap choly. By December, I was still feeling lousy, diarrhea on a daily basis, and just a general feeling of blah. I told my doctor and he ordered some blood work and a stool culture. LSS - On Jan 6 '09 I was admitted to the hospital with a hemoglobin of 7.2 and blood in my stool. I was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor 7.3 cm. in my colon, had surgery, chemo and now am doing well - except the diarrhea persists. But it's better than cancer, right?

It may be something easily fixable and not at all serious, but won't you feel better knowing whatever it is?

Old 11-16-2011, 11:59 AM

8 posts, read 58,894 times
Definitely go to the Doctor!!

Just curious- why do you feel this is connected to your gallbladder? I am not questioning that it is- just curious as to why you think it is- and hoping to find answers to my concerns post gallbladder surgery.
Thanks and good luck!

Old 11-25-2011, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,783 times
I had my gallbladder out in May... I had pain in my right side in my back... It is November & I am now having pain in my stomach under my rib cage.... The same area where my gallbladder was, sometimes radiating to my back... It seems to come on after I have eatin.... I'm beginning to think it's my pancreas...

Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 AM

741 posts, read 1,448,691 times
I had my gallbladder removed in 2005..Still had SEVERE pain off and on...Finally went to the ER 1 year ago and they kept me for almost a week..Turns out I have Pancreatitis I never even heard of that condition but it also turns out thats its the 2nd most painful condition !! The most painful is bone cancer.. Now I have to be very careful of what I eat and drink--forever....

Old 11-30-2011, 02:11 PM

14,545 posts, read 18,262,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaMomof6 View Post
I had my gallbladder removed in 2005..Still had SEVERE pain off and on...Finally went to the ER 1 year ago and they kept me for almost a week..Turns out I have Pancreatitis I never even heard of that condition but it also turns out thats its the 2nd most painful condition !! The most painful is bone cancer.. Now I have to be very careful of what I eat and drink--forever....
Thanks to the similarity of symptoms to complications of my ileostomy, gallstones were not diagnosed until I had already gotten very sick. They put me in the hospital with jaundice. I was already full of adhesians, but this added a whole lot more and was told to avoid surgery again if at all possible. I kinda got that it was serious when told they cut the pacnreas in pieces and sewed it back together it was so bad. I didn't get until some six months later that it was life and death emergency surgery when a fried who was a parmedic told me.

I don't have pain so much as eating is an advernture as to what the body will do today. I'm sure in part its the adhesions, but combined with previous surgeries I'm aslo sure its exacerbated the 'tired all the time' problem I had with the ileostomy considerably. I can eat meat, but I had an exhousemate who couldn't tolerate it at all after the same surgery.

Right now, ileostomy is ripping open and needs a FULL fix and I'm afraid they'll find and make more problems than they'll solve with more and more adhesians as the surgeon who did the last big surgery said I was a 'mess inside'.

I don't get pain much unless I eat too much or the wrong things, but unforutnately its often hard to tell.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,689 times
I have had the same problem which is why I was searching on the internet. I had my gallbladder out in 2002 and I have been having "attacks" just like I was before I had it removed. The pain is very intense and takes your breathe away. It seems to control your life. I havent found anything I eat makes it worse/better. If anyone has any more ideas please let me know thanks.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:28 PM

3,908 posts, read 9,712,263 times
Have you asked a GI about Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD)? Have any of you with post-cholecystectomy (gb removal) pain had liver function tests? Labs showing elevated lipase and amylase? SOD, or even acute pancreatitis, is often misdiagnosed as GERD or anxiety! It's more common than you might think, and can be dangerous. Pancreatitis is no joke.

IMPORTANT- if you think there's a chance you may have SOD, do NOT allow them to give you morphine. It exacerbates the problem in most SOD patients, and can worsen the pain, severity and duration of attack.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,630 times
I had my GB out about four years ago.... I feel worse now then I did then... the pain comes and goes. It is a pain in my right side just like I had when I had my GB. the pain is under my right rib that goes around to the back. I burp and pass gas all the time. Not to be gross but even my BM's are yellow, just like it was before surgery. When the pain comes it last for weeks even months !!! Does anyone eles have this pain that last this long.. Also when I go through this it feels like I have been beaten with A baseball bat in the ribs... Not only is there pain but I am also sore as heck.. My ribs feel almost bruised.. Does anyone else feel this ?? My diet is bad.. My stress levels are very high.. I am working on fixing my diet and my stress levels... Oh also I have pain at times the seems to reach down to my ovary.. Just my whole right is tender... Thanks for listening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness