U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 01:15 AM

1 posts, read 71,952 times

Advertisements

Hello I am having the same problems. I had my gall bladder removed in september 2009. I have been have sharp pains and Im afraid to go to the doctor be I afraid that they will tell me the same thing they have been tell everyone else. It feels just like when I had my attacks but with the attacks I was able to take meds to get rid of the pain not with this though. Somebody please help if you have any advice. Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 71,799 times
I have also had my gallbladder removed about a year ago. A year later I still get the same pain in the upper center of my stomach to the back. I could not understand why after the so called problem was removed. I dont always trust doctors, so I started trying to figure things out on my own. While experiencing this awful paralyzing pain, I happened to drink something carbonated. As soon as I stated expelling gas or "burping" the pain went away! It is amazing how this has continued to work time after time. I literally will wake my boyfriend up and he takes it so seriously that he will jump up and go buy me a carbonated drink, if there is nothing in the house. I make sure wherever I go, I have something carbonated at hand. I am thinking something was not connected properly after surgery, and there is some sort of blockage that occurs or trapped gas in one if the sphincters. I don't know for sure, but it normally happens most when I am sitting Indian style. Everyone should definitely TRY THIS!!!! If anything, this is a fabulous temporary cure. I really want to do more research to find out what relation the carbonation has to relieving the pain. I am just ecstatic that it helps the awful pain go away Good luck to everyone.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 71,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JENN039 View Post
has Anyone Ever Had There Gallbladder Removed And Than End Up In Worse Pain Than Before You Had It Removed?? Well Since Mine Has Been Removed Back In October 2007 I Have Had Nothing But Severe Upper Abdominal Pain. It Will Start In Between My Ribcages And Radiate Right Through To My Back. The Doctors Can Not Figure Out What This Pain Could Be. They Have Done Blood Work And A Endoscopy But Every Thing Has Come Back Negative. Has Anyone Experience This And If So How Long Does The Pain Continue For?
i had my gallbladder out 3 1/2 months ago..and for about 6 weeks now i am having some of the same problems..it isnt all the time..but most of the time..i feel like someone took an air hose and blew up my intestines...when i move it hurts so bad..very sharp pains...but worse right above my belly button...if i lean up against something..i have severe pain there...i have been to doctor..had blood work, x-rays, colonoscopy and endoscopy they say everything looks fine...something is not right..and i never had this problem before my surgery...so i am at a loss too about this...

Old 08-04-2012, 06:51 AM

1 posts, read 71,625 times
hi,i'm 34 years old and 2 years ago i had my gall bladder removed and fundiplication surgery at the same time,due to chronic gall attacks from gall stones and severe reflux.Just recently i have had a ct scan of the brain which has diagnosed a suspected pertuitary tumour(benign thank god)during tests for this i had an x;ray and found i had staples left in my stomach,6 actually.as i need an mri of my brain i am concerned this could cause damage to my abdomen,does anybody know anything about this.also i to have been suffering terrible pain in my right hand side under my ribs,i have feinted twice because of this,am suffering constipation and severe headaches,after reading some of your posts i feel slighly better about the staples,(though it would have been nice to be told)how would i go about finding out what is wrong with me,my gp,though great just keeps prescribing pain killers but they don't seem to work and i am so over this.any suggestions would be greatly welcomed....

Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 71,578 times
I started having gallbladder issues on August 26, 2009. After 27 different tests, numerous trips to the doctors, hidascans, endoscopies, ct scans, etc, and finally being told there was nothing wrong my gallbladder, my gallbladder burst. On November 13, 2009 my gallbladder was finally removed. January 21, 2010 I went back to the surgeon that performed my surgery due to the pain that started to occur again. The pain was in my upper right quadrant, sometimes very sharp pain, sometimes dull, sometimes in the front sometimes in the back, I had to either lean forward to sit or lean way back as sitting up bothered it all the more. The surgeons exact words to me were, "Sounds like your gallbladder, maybe we should remove it" Ok that really scared me.

Shortly after I lost my job along with it, my health insurance. December 1, 2011 I finally got health insurance again and made an appointment with the GI. His initial response was ulcer. I tried to tell him more than one time the pain was not in my stomach but in my right upper quadrant, same pain as in gallbladder issues. He said he was the doctor and he would decide. He performed an endoscopy and colonscopy and every thing looked great, no ulcer, no cancer, no answers. He stated the pain was not there and must be in my head.

I started with a new GI July 18, 2012. He tested me for H pylori which I knew would come back negative as I had it in the past and new what the pain was like and the general location of the pain. Today, August 10, 2012 I had a scope of my esophagus and small bowel with barium. As I was looking at the xray with the radiologist I noticed three little marks where my gallbladder used to be, when I asked what those were, she said they were the staples from my gallbladder was removed.

I am now wondering if this is what could be causing my pain all along or could it be something else.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 71,398 times
I am experiencing the same exact pain its like between my ribs and a shooting pain in my back I am just 10 days post surgery but it really almost feels the exact way. The first few days I seemed better but now it seems to be getting worse. There is no redness or pain at the incisions but not knowing exactly what they did while inside worries me that there maybe infection or something else. So far I am not running fever so I am just gonna ride it out until I c my doc this week. I hope this is not something I will have to deal with the rest of my life . I also have severe nausea at times that phenegren isn't helping nor the various other stomach meds they put me on before they decided it was my gall bladder. I thought removing it would make me better not worse !

Old 12-29-2012, 03:57 AM

1 posts, read 71,258 times
I have been having extreme unbelievable pain in my Liver which radiates to my back, neck, rotator cuff and abdoman ever since my Gall Bladder removal two weeks ago. After being into the ER where even two shots of morphine wouldn't kill the pain only Dilaudid would work. I have been retracing my steps each day to find what may be causing it. I now KNOW what it is. This because of my journal of daily meds, foods, pain and healing.
When I say Liverpain, for me it has been to an extent that I didn't know you could hurt this bad and still live through it. Anyway, the cuprit is EFFEXOR OR VENLAFAXINE. Trust me. If you arte taking this or similar meds, do your own journals and see if I'm correct for you also. The problem is that you either have the pain or the unbelievable withdrawal effects from the drugs. I can handle the withdrawals any day over the pain I have been having, it is so painful I truely didn't know I could hurt that intensely and live through it.
Please let us know if any others of you out there have the same things and are taking this drug.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 71,182 times
I have had eating issues for over 4 years and have experienced vomitting daily and also another problem with pain especially in my right rib cage area. One year ago in October of 2011, I had surgery and Dr. implanted an Esophyx device and also did a hiatal hernia repair. The surgery wasn't successful as I still can not keep food down. I told Dr. that I still had problems and still had the pain....He said, oh, it must be your gallbladder. Same Dr. then told me after an ultra sound in May of 2012 that I had a polyp in my gallbladder and that it could be cancerous. He said I had no choice, but to have this removed. He removed gb in June of 2012. After surgery, there was no polyp or no cancer at all. Since then I've had more problems with keeping food down, and a new pain/pressure feeling which is so disruptive to having any quality of life. Still vomit everyday. Dr. then called me in the fall of 2012 and said he is firing himself from my case. Very upset with this Dr. and I am not a hypochondria. I've since had injections to help with the pain in my rib cage area, but still now have this awful pressure feeling....like a bubble/balloon that is going to pop. Any help here would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 PM

34,975 posts, read 22,016,577 times
^^^^^Gastro symptoms are VERY hard to diagnose - you need a very good doctor to get to the bottom of the issues if they can.

I can share two things I had that may help you.

About 10 years after my GB removal I started having similar symptoms - docs had no idea. After about a year it turned into pancreantitis. ERCP show a blocked bile duct which they fixed.

Another time I started getting VERY bad IBS symptoms with vomiting, which went on for quite a while. Symptoms became so severe I went into my gastro, and he put me in the hospital on a suspicion of paralytic ileum.... scans showed it wasn't the case BUT I had lots of air, not in my digestive tract, but in my abdominal cavity. They had absolutely no idea how that could occur (it was similar to when they pump the abdomen full of some gas for laproscopic surgery). It hurt bad enough that morphine was needed, and appreciated.

I've had the same gastro for a couple decades.... it takes a long time to build a relationship with them so they don't thing you are a hypochondriac.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 AM

15,429 posts, read 13,359,603 times
I had my gallbadder removed over a year ago with no problems after.... but thinking back, both myself and a young woman in the bed facing me were to go in at nearly exactly the same time but with different surgeons.... after the operation, I slept for an hour then woke feeling great, this other girl was out for hours and was very sick and in pain when she woke.... she couldnt understand why I felt so well and had no pain at all , could it be whoever does the surgery or our own bodies reactions..... Ive also heard of some after the op having the same pain as before and had to have a second operation for stones in the bile duct.... why these arent seen in the first operation I dont know....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness