U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 13,220 times

Advertisements

I too have the same problems and every time the doc sends me home because he can't find anything wrong. I have been put on antitrypiline (spelling) which is an antidepressant/muscle relaxer, but it causes the common duct bile to stop spasming which was what was causing my pain. The meds take several days to work and make me very sleepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 PM

88 posts, read 235,800 times
Just wondering if anyone changed their diet after the surgery? Sure the doctor may say you can eat anything you want but that probably isn't entirely true.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:20 AM

1 posts, read 13,146 times
Hi All, Had my GB removed April 2012 operation was successful however, few weeks after op starting getting pains in right upper quadrant, right shoulder, across the chest similar to GB attack. Went to GP LFTs came back elevated, repeated blood tests week later and no change. Got referred to Gasterontology again more blood tests one of the LFT came back higher then normal, was then sent for ultrasound that came back normal. Further blood tests done to check for all the Hepatitis that came back normal however, LFT remain high. I now have an appointment for MRCP scan next Sat because the consultant thinks i may have stones in the bile duct 11 months down the line after op still suffering. Is anyone else having probs like this? x

Old 03-27-2013, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 13,118 times
I have same problem especially in the morning and the middle of the night only thing I found to help is force myself to dry heave it will lessen pain for a very short time in which I have to eat something quickly doctors cant find anything wrong

Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 13,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottietoddy View Post
I have had my gall bladder out now for 3 months and I still have pain that starts under my right rib cage, then radiates to my back. My stomach swells up so bad and the pain is comparable to what I think a heart attack would feel like! I mean, doubled-over and crying, while having trouble breathing, until it subsides, which is anywhere from 20 min to an hour! I have had 2 c-sections and this hurts WAY WORSE!! I take Prilosec every day and have lost 21 lbs since my surgery, but this on-going problem is TERRIBLE and I don't know what to do about it!! Does anyone have a solution? TKS!
Hello, mine has been out for 3 months almost too and it's crazy cause I'm going through what you are and the pain is so bad, my back omg when that hits I can barely take it. I also can't keep food down really and if I do the pain is so bad I wish I hadn't. The only thing I can tell you is get your pancreas checked, I have had pancreas problems too and they feel alot alike and your liver checked too cause they both feel close to gallbladder pain but the pancreas and liver can and do hurt way more. They are sending me to a mayo clinic to see whats going on I go on the 23rd just to get things going. They think my stomach has also slowed down so who knows but this is all after the gallbladder came out I've lost over 25lbs or more too in the last few months. If you want to know how it goes for me just let me know or if you ever find anything out I'd love to know. I've seen so many doctors over the last 6 years for my pancreas before this gallbladder removel but they all say something different so you never know what to think. I will pray for you,

Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 13,010 times
I am 4 months post gallbladder removal and have the upper abdominal pains like I did prior to surgery . Sometimes the pains are so bad they wake me and I throw up. Doesn't matter what I eat. I have an appt with the GI doc next week but am thinking that getting an ultrasound or x-ray before might be best. I just heard from a friend's daughter who had the surgery and after complaining about the pain after surgery they finally looked and found stones in her bile duct like the responder above referred to - serious business.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 13,003 times
i have had my gallbladder removed i'm 22 year old f i been in so much pain haveing to go to the bathroom more then 3 times a day i cant really eat n e thing with out hurting real bad is been 3 months since my gallbladder been removed I have had 2 c-sections i have four kids and is hard to move around and pick them up i dont take meds i hate takeing pills can some one please help me and tell me was going on

Old 04-26-2013, 03:17 AM

15,429 posts, read 13,377,879 times
How sad reading some of your comments.. I had mine removed almost two years ago after suffering pain that I thought was a heart attack... after a few months I had the gallbladder removed and have never looked back... something has been left after your operations surely or you wouldnt still be suffering like this...

Old 05-03-2013, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 12,938 times
Wow. I am not alone in this. Post-lap-chole in 1992 I had recurrent symptoms/attacks. Funny thing is I was a gastroenterology pharmacist at the time - so spoke to one of my gastroenterology colleagues and got immediately referred to a therapeutic endoscopy centre. What got me there was on this one occasion in the emerg (in 1997) when symptoms would not abate I asked them to do full Liver and pancreatic function tests. The GGT and one other test came back sky high - thankfully - or else who knows what would have happened. Anyways, the therapeutic endoscopist said that I likely never did need my gallbladder out with one large stone in it (says they rarely cause the problems). He did an ERCP, and passed the basket during the procedure to try and capture any stones, but found none...but assumed they were there. At the same time he did a sphinterotomy procedure...where the muscle at the end of the commone bile duct enters the small intestine. This cured me totally for 9 years. Fast forward to today. I started getting easy with my diet (having cheeses, etc again) and began feeling prickly feelings in my Right upper quadrant. Interestingly enough it wasn't where I used to get my bile stone attack pain - it was more central under my sternum. I asked my gastro at the time if it is possible that I might need another sphincterotomy done and he said he had never had a case like that. Time goes on and after larger meals I start getting more of the paroxysmal gnawing pain back. Then have one major attack with RUQ pain after a fatty meal (butter sauce - the greatest offender). Go in to see my GP and they do an abdominal ultrasound. The ultrasound technician keeps asking me if I have had my gallbladder out and I keep saying yes. She calls the manager of the office in and she confirms...they see a fluid filled sac where my gallbladder used to be. So I get referred to the endoscopy centre again and they ask for an MRI of the area. Negative. This sac doesn't show up. Nothing wrong. I have had to cut every bit of fat from my diet and I still get this pain - mind you less severe. It hurts when I bend over and sometimes if I lie on my stomack to sleep. All my Liver function tests came back normal except once where my AST and ALT were elevated but they returned to normal the next time. I am having them investigate auto-immune disorders (like primary biliary cirrhosis) but none of the immunological tests are coming back positive. So here I remain an unsolved mystery - and I was a clinical pharmacist in the area of gastroenterology for years....so even that experience has not helped me find the answers! I still have nausea after every meal, pain in the RUQ. Feel bloated all the time with a pressure in the upper abdomen. I also read about patients having a rare dilatation of the remnant that is left after gallbladder surgery that can cause problems...but because the MRI didn't find this structure that the Ultrasound people found....they are negating its existence. FRUSTRATING.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:46 PM

550 posts, read 860,704 times
Wow what's with all the one time posters having the same exact problem and exact same writing style. Looks like one person has too much time on their hands. What kind of scam is this? These "stories" are irreresponsible and not to be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness