U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,413 times

Advertisements

In 2009 I started getting horrible pain attacks right under my sternum and it radiated into my back. All of my doctors said it was acid reflux. I lost about 60lbs over 5 months, and I was incredibly weak. When I told my doctor about my weight loss he said "what's you secret?" What an ass!! Eventually a nurse suggested to the doctor that it could be my gallbladder, and I had emergency surgery to remove it. My doctor said that it was dead inside of me for about a year, but that everything should be fine now that it was gone.

2 weeks after surgery the pains started again. The only things that I have noticed that bring on an attack is drinking liquor, or being very nervous about something(job interview etc.) Sometimes I go two months without an attack, and sometime it is every day. It has the normal pains everyone mentioned shoulder, back, under sternum pain. The other symptom I have not seen anyone mention is being severely hot. I have honestly laid in the snow before during an attack. My boyfriend has put me in ice baths, but it pretty much feels like I am burning alive. Sometimes I pass out from the pain, which is rather inconvenient. I went to the doctors multiple times and they all say acid reflux. One jerk said that it was ghost organ pain. It is quite frustrating. I feel like I have to plan life around the possibility of getting an attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 12:11 AM

11,636 posts, read 10,823,829 times
Gallbladder attack? Apple cider vinegar - a couple of tablespoons in water every day. Incorporate more beets in your diet. Or drink beet juice. Start taking probiotics for your digestive track.

If you've already had it removed, probiotics will still be good for your stomach.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 4,374 times
Its been 2 months now since my gallbladder removal and the symptoms are still there,the abdominal pain is unbearable the only thing make it feel a lil bit better is when i vomit,my eating habit has decreased big time i have lost so much weight i feel really full after only eating only a very little food.... no constant bathroom. Visits but the indigestion and pain,loss of appetite,vomiting are still there... Is this normal?

Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 AM

15,429 posts, read 13,362,625 times
Of course its not normal... I had it done with no complications at all.. something has been left behind and should be removed, as I know the pain is unbearable...take pain killers as soon as you feel it coming on as this can help , the first time I had symptoms I thought it was a heart attack and was slumped over the back of the settee to try and help the pain.. and couldnt walk or talk... get it seen to.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:07 PM

3 posts, read 12,684 times
Hi everyone I need some advice from people with the same thing.I had emergency gullbladder surgery in oct 2011 after about 2 months the pain started.Now every time I eay anything or go to the bathroom its is 100 percent blood or 100 percent yellow/green bile.Latley its been throwing up and goin to he bathroom at the same time.Ive been to the er probly 15 times in the last 3 yrs but because im poor they wont help me.Noone takes medicaide here and I cant drive 200 miles away for a doctor.They send me to the health dept who then sends me back to the er.I cannot tolerate it anymore it hurts so bad sometime I wanna cut it out.I don't want their pain medicine I just want to feel beter and imblleding out like 3x a day and im afraid something serious is happening to me and no one will help me I don't know what to do.plz help. Also unable to sleep more than 2 hours at a time really affecting my life in almost every aspect.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:09 PM

also have lost over 30 lbs of weight in 4 months with no changes to lifestyle.From hurting everytime I eat I eat prolly once every 3 to 4 days and this has been ongoing for more than 2 yrs.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 PM

Default wtf

sorry if offended you but I assure my situation is real im just looking for advice/help if you **** blood or green bile everytime you had to use the bathroom and no docs would help you what would you do?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 PM

11,636 posts, read 10,823,829 times
Something worse is going on. If you're bleeding you need to seek help asap not be asking advice here.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 5,841 times
Default Similar

Pontoll: Glad I read your entire May 2013 post wherein you have pain when bending or lying on your belly because that is what has been happening to me. I had lap chole in Nov. 2011, some few little pains since then in RUQ now and then, not often, but this almost feels like a pulled muscle, a soreness. Feel queasy once in awhile but I tend to overeat although I'm not overweight and have had queasiness occasionally since I was in my 20's, never could pinpoint why other than anxiety. If they ever figure out what's going on, please post. I have a doctor's appt soon for something else (headaches), but will mention this to him if His Highness has time. It has been worse, and better, so I'm just in a holding pattern.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,061 times
I just saw my doctor today for my follow up appointment after having Gall Bladder Surgery, which was done laproscopicaly. I have to say that a day or two after my surgery I had terrible pain and was not quite sure if that's how bad I was supposed to feel. I then read these posts and got really freaked out. I started envisioning a life full of pain and problems. But I'm happy to say that I'm 16 days post surgery, and you have to remind me that I even had surgery. I am almost completely pain free, aside for occasional discomfort when I power walk. I get pain on my right side, but the doctor told me that it's normal, and I should expect it for another few weeks. I was thrilled when he told me that I have no food restrictions and can exercise regularly. He just mentioned not to do ab crunches for another month. I happen to have been on a low fat, low sugar diet prior to surgery and I continued to remain on the diet throughout recovery without any problems. I did have pain the first 3-4 days after eating and I suddenly got diarrhea on day #3 post surgery. But that all went away quickly. I was back at my desk job 7 days after surgery. I do get lightheaded and dizzy occasionally as well , but was told by my surgeon today, that this too is normal and no need to be concerned. I'm happy to say that this surgery took away all the pain and discomfort from my gallstones and it was well worth going through the procedure. My heart goes out to those of you who have complications. I hope you find a cure to your ailments soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness