U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,364 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have just come back from seeing my consultant
and explaining about this constant pain in my back and
under my rib age next to my liver.
I don't think it's as severe as I have read many people
have but it never stops. I am recovering from bowel cancer.
I had a resection and an ileostomy which was then reversed.
Three years ago I watched my mum slowly die if bowel cancer
so I connect this pain with her cancer. I had my gallbladder
removed a couple of months ago but the pain continues.
My consultant said why can't I accept that it is just muscular pain.
Made me feel like I'm a nuisance to be honest.
I was wondering you still have the pain.
Hoping not
D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,327 times
I had my gall bladder out for a week and last night it was as if I was having a gall bladder attack I was up all night thew up all night anyone know what could cause this?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:19 AM

11,640 posts, read 10,823,829 times
If you are still eating greasy foods, you don't have enough bile to emulsify the fats. This can cause nausea and vomiting. Removing the gallbladder is only half the solution. Try adjusting the foods you're eating. Consume less fatty foods and see if that makes a difference.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,288 times
I have been in pain since Sept 2009 after having my gall bladder removed. It is chronic. I have been to many doctors and had many scans, xrays, mri's, colonoscopy, endoscopy, ercp's and nothing. Nothing found in my blood work. And all I know is I am in pain but there is nothing to explain my pain whatsoever. And since I cannot stay in one place long because of the pain and there is no diagnosis I cannot even get disability.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,174 times
I have had the same problem which is why I was searching on the internet. I had my gallbladder out in 2004 and I have been having "attacks" just like I was before I had it removed. The pain is very intense and takes your breathe away. It seems to control your life. I havent found anything I eat makes it worse/better. If anyone has any more ideas please let me know thanks.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,928 times
You may look up celiac plexus block for abdominal pain and see if this sounds like you,

Old 02-14-2014, 10:01 PM

3,908 posts, read 9,700,924 times
Have you asked your doctor about the possibility of it being Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD)?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,861 times
its acid reflux...i just went to the hospital. They prescribed me prilosec.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:50 AM

15,429 posts, read 13,362,625 times
I had the operation done with no pain or sickness afterwards and Ive been fine now for over two years..

Old 02-19-2014, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,832 times
hello, I had my gallbladder removed a month ago and I have pain on my upper right side and now pain on my upper left side then it sometimes god to a sharp pain to my belly button I have had bad bad gas and shoulder pain on both sides ... it feels like something weried where my gallbladder was I just want it to stop!! should I go back to the er ??? help please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness